PDA

View Full Version : prayers needed

LauraP
February 19th, 2016, 09:34 PM
remember my youngest daughters saga with having her colon removed? Well, she had her routine EGD and Colonoscopy done yesterday and they found over 100 more polyps in her stomach and "massive" amounts in the 6" of colon/rectum she has left. They are doing biopsies of course but since they can't do all of them she will probably end up on chemo again even if they come back negative. If they come back positive, they can do like a gastric bypass and take out part of her stomach and they could finish taking out her colon/rectum and she would have the bag again. Since she is highly allergic to whatever they make the bags out of and the glues she really doesn't want to do that.
We are hopeful that her new doc will refer her up to Huntsman's in Utah. It is the equivalent of Mayo and MD Anderson but for this particular disease.
She says if she has to go back on chemo she is going to dye her hair blue, green and purple and when it falls out she is going to have her head tattooed. Well, she is only 34!
Please keep her in your prayers.

Simply Quilting
February 19th, 2016, 10:01 PM
Praying for your daughter.

mischiefkat
February 19th, 2016, 10:04 PM
Prayers for your daughter.

redcaboose1717
February 19th, 2016, 10:36 PM
Laura,
Prayers for your daughter and family......

jjkaiser
February 19th, 2016, 10:43 PM
Oh how absolutely horrible and stressful for all of you. I certainly hope you are able to get her into that special clinic and that they can help her. She is very young to be going through this and your hair must be turning gray overnight from worry. I am so sorry, and of course you will be in my thoughts.

SallyO'Sews
February 19th, 2016, 10:53 PM
Praying! Also, warning: TMI ahead... :0 When I had the detested ileostomy, I had a lot of pain on my belly skin, partly because of the glue, and made worse if there were ever a leak (which there were, on occasion). There are lots of products on the market to alleviate these issues. I recommend the colorectal cancer forum on WebMD.com. It was a great source of information for me during my journey. The forum is for patients and their care-givers; it's monitored by a medical person, but mostly just "lay people" sharing stories and ideas. Hope that helps.

grandma nurse
February 19th, 2016, 11:21 PM
Prayer for your daughter and all of the family.

ceiliam
February 19th, 2016, 11:22 PM
Prayers for your daughter and you. Hope they send her to huntsman center its a great place they were so wonderful to my SIL moher when she went thru her brain cancer

mommamarsh
February 19th, 2016, 11:46 PM
Prayer and healing thoughts coming your way.

quiltingtrish
February 19th, 2016, 11:52 PM
I have your daughter and you in my prayers. I can't imagine what you are all going through.

easyquilts
February 20th, 2016, 12:24 AM
Oh, I hated to hear about this. You must be out of your mind with worry... Prayers for comfort and healing... Hugs, too.

pcbatiks
February 20th, 2016, 01:29 AM
Adding my prayers too, Laura. Hugs to you.

GaGa
February 20th, 2016, 01:43 AM
Prayers for both you and your daughter.

stationarymom
February 20th, 2016, 02:49 AM
You and your daughter are on my prayer list.I hope you can get her into the hosp. that specializes in this.

Judy, USMC
February 20th, 2016, 05:42 AM
She sounds like a tough little cookie. Praying for benign results and a quick recovery at her preferred hospital.

Monique
February 20th, 2016, 07:04 AM
Prayers being said for your family.

Patsquilting
February 20th, 2016, 08:16 AM
Your daughter and the rest of your family will be in our prayers.

MayinJerset
February 20th, 2016, 10:57 AM
126284Keeping the prayers going for your DD.

Bubby
February 20th, 2016, 11:03 AM
Sending prayers for your daughter and the family.

dwil23
February 20th, 2016, 12:23 PM
I surely will. Prayers for you too, Mom.

(((HUGS)))

Dennyr
February 20th, 2016, 12:35 PM
Its sounds like you DD has a strong spirit-bless her!

Prayers and hugs for all of your family.

Dollyquilts
February 20th, 2016, 01:06 PM
Laura, I'm so sorry your daughter has to go through such an ordeal. Prayers for strength and healing for you all.

auntiemern
February 20th, 2016, 01:55 PM
Prayers for your daughter, and for you. It hard being a mom and not being able to do anything to help. Hugs all around too.

mommadeb
February 20th, 2016, 05:07 PM
Prayers for sure.

cv quilter
February 20th, 2016, 05:27 PM
Prayers for all of you. Mostly for your daughter as this must be so worrisome and painful for her. God Bless all of you.

Cathy F
February 20th, 2016, 06:44 PM
Sending prayers for you and your daughter.

LauraP
February 20th, 2016, 10:18 PM
thank you all. It always help to have friends to vent to.

Sharyn J
February 20th, 2016, 10:57 PM
Sending prayers for your daughter and the family.

Julie A
February 20th, 2016, 11:20 PM
Praying to your daughter and for you.

laura44
February 20th, 2016, 11:21 PM
What an ordeal, prayers being said for all. Stay strong.

bhaggerty
February 21st, 2016, 04:36 AM
Prayers for your daughter and family!

Grandma Nan
February 21st, 2016, 10:04 AM
What a difficult time for you and your family. Know that there are people out here thinking about you and your daughter.

Tina W
February 21st, 2016, 11:17 AM
Praying for your daughter. I love the colors she has chosen to dye her hair.

judimccl
February 21st, 2016, 10:52 PM
So sorry to read this. Will say some prayers for your daughter, and for you as you go through this with her. God bless.

mommadeb
March 10th, 2016, 02:54 PM
Has anyone heard from Laura?

KarenC
March 10th, 2016, 03:31 PM
Prayers being said for your daughter and family.

DKM
March 10th, 2016, 03:51 PM
Laura: Prayers for you and your daughter. On a similar note, I had my colon removed over 25 years ago because of a rare disorder called FAP/Gardners Syndrom. Sounds very much like what your daughter has. I had it done at the Cleveland Clinic, and they did a "Jpouch" type surgery, which attaches the small intestine to the rectum so you don't have the bag, you go as you normally would. Just thought I'd mention it if you didn't already know about it. Feel free to get back to me if you'd like. I hope this is ok to post. My first time posting on this site.

geegeequilts
March 10th, 2016, 04:11 PM
OMG! Praying for you & your daughter.

Gina

SewnByBee
March 10th, 2016, 04:59 PM
Laura, pray for your daughters healing, and that the good Lord will get her to the best drs to treat her and help her beat this disease. Bless you and your family. Sorry she is going through such a hard time. She sounds like she's a determined young lady. If ding her hair gives her some controls of things I say do it and laugh all the way. It's tough when you find yourself being dominated by a problem like this. Wishing you and her the best .....through this. HUGGS & PRAYERS ♡
...................... 127519........

LauraP
March 10th, 2016, 07:38 PM
Thank you all for your prayers. yes she has FAP/gardners. She had the j-pouch done also. She got the results of her biopsies back and all were benign. They are still trying to find someone to take care of her ovary problems. She has another colon/egd scheduled for 3 months and hopefully that will also be good. It's always a day to day process. One good thing, she has lost weight and is almost down to her fighting weight again. Her boyfriend told her she's getting to sexy to let out alone. That made her feel good since he isn't possessive so it wasn't threatening.

judimccl
March 10th, 2016, 07:41 PM
Prayers being said for your daughter. Such a terrible thing to go through. And some extra prayers for you as you help her through this hurdle in her life, I know how hard it is for us mothers when something is wrong with our children.

EnumclawGramma
March 10th, 2016, 10:32 PM
Keeping your daughter in prayer, and you as well.

mommadeb
March 11th, 2016, 06:35 PM
So glad to hear it was benign. So happy you checked in and let us know. Please keep us up to date on how she's doing.

sewbizzy
March 11th, 2016, 07:25 PM
Sending prayers her way!

amartin24
March 11th, 2016, 10:09 PM
Prayers for you and your daughter. So difficult to see our children going through something like this. Praise God for benign results!