PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Following the Story of Joey + Rory Feek?

JCY
February 19th, 2016, 08:58 PM
I first learned of the music duo Joey & Rory on the Gaither Homecoming videos on TV. It's a wonderful story of music success & true love, but it's also bittersweet, because Joey (age 40) is dying of cancer. Their dau, Indiana -- known as Indy -- turned 2 y.o. on Wed. this week. She was born with Downs Syndrome. What a precious child. This whole week was special to them, with Valentine's Day, the Grammy's (they were nominated but didn't win), & Indy's BD. You can follow their story on their fb page, which is public. Anyone can view it. Rory also posts a blog every week. There is a link on the fb page. Their latest video, done by the Gaithers, was released last week, & is posted on fb. You can view 1 hr. of the 90 min. video. I plan to buy it as well as the CD. I'm sure the family would appreciate prayers for Joey in her final days.

MRoy
February 19th, 2016, 09:04 PM
I've been a fan for a long time. It breaks my heart to see what they are going thru now, but they are a true testament to strong faith and love.

mommamarsh
February 19th, 2016, 11:47 PM
Prayer and caring thoughts .

kensington
February 20th, 2016, 06:04 AM
Yes. I've been a fan for a long time. I watch the FB post and it kills me to see her this way. I cry and pray for them. She was so full of life and he loves her so. They love each other, they love the baby girl. she is adorable.

They have a new album that just came out... two actually. This last one dropped yesterday or the day before, it is Hymns.

She has the voice of an angel.

auntiemern
February 20th, 2016, 01:48 PM
I have loved their music for a long time. I follow them on FB. I was so touched with their Valentine celebration. Their love is true and pure. Indy is a little doll. I pray for them regularly. She has hung on longer than expected, so I am pretty sure the prayers are working to keep her here a little longer. And miracles do happen.

dwil23
February 20th, 2016, 07:54 PM
I only recently heard of them and have been reading his blog. I wondered if the baby had Down's by her pictures, but didn't know for sure. I also plan to buy their CD - just a small way of supporting them. I saw a video clip of them during her short time in remission and what a sweet spirit she has. I was so taken by her story about being asked how she could be so happy with her diagnosis and she said "if I stay or if I go - either way - I WIN!"

I pray that her final days here will be as easy and joyful as possible.

RhondaRae
February 20th, 2016, 08:05 PM
They first appeared on the Can You Duet show a few years back and they were accepted to audition. they made it through but only after they refused to be seperated. The judges wanted to seperate them and put them with other singers and they refused. they said they go together or not at all. They didn't win but they went through to the last rounds.

That got them noticed and their career got it's boost. They had their own show on RFDTV for a couple of seasons. not sure if it was more than that.

They are heartwarming to watch and they have a beautiful sound. They also have 2 older daughters Rory's from a first marriage Hopie and Heidi who are in their 20's I believe.

When they were given the news that Joey was terminal and nothing more could be done they moved from their ranch to her family home where she grew up. Her sisters are helping her and her family is there with them.

Rory's blog is very touching

Grampz
February 22nd, 2016, 11:44 AM
I have loved for a long long time. I have been one who has put them in my prayers.