PDA

View Full Version : Claris Cliff meets The Magic Roundabout quilt is finished!

Divine Daisy
November 20th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Today it feels a bit better in Daisy World. Mr Daisy and i have been taking it in turns to feel very down about this latest diagnosis and the chemo which is to come. We dont want to both be down at the same time! Who knows what would happen then......eeeeeeeeeek. Anyway, today we are both starting to feel a little less hopeless so fingers crossed eh?

The 'bride' had her hen party last night. I did not go......not my kind of night out especially when its my daughter. The veil is finished, her fiance's wastecoat is done. My hat is here and is divine darlink. 3 weeks to the wedding.

I have managed to get my brain together enough to quilt. Today i finished the baby quilt which we decided was Claris Cliff/Magic Roundabout. Still havent found a dif name for it. In the end though It is Claris's quilt. Made to welcome her into the world and her name inspired my design. It is currently in the washing machine but i will post a photo when its dry.

I think i have time to get a couple of table runners and placemat sets done before the wedding ......as long as i dont hit awful depression again. App at the Dr's for me on 30th, she might be able to help.

BellasQuilts
November 20th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Daisy, glad to hear your spirits are up for both you and Mr. Daisy. Be sure to get rest with the wedding coming up. I just went through one with my youngest and it's like being caught in a whirlwind! But happy times and babies and treatments to get healthy, and time to sew, sounds like happy times! Hugs. Megan

Monique
November 20th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Daisy, I wish I were closer to you so I could give you a great big CANADIAN bear hug. You do indeed sound in better spirits. Awww, a new baby. My granddaugher is 19 months old and I just can't get enough of her.

I also had a wedding in May. You will be frazzled until it is all over. I have been through two now and I know what you are going through. Things will work out fine, and if they don't well, what the heck.

You and Mr. Daisy need to stay positive. It is hard sometimes to be positive but you have the whole of this forum rooting for Mr. Daisy. And if I may be so bold, sending kisses and hugs to him too. :)

Loonwatcher
November 20th, 2011, 10:05 PM
So glad you are feeling a bit better about things. A wedding, a baby - oh my, you have so much to look forward too. Don't let it wear you out, get your rest. {{{{{DAISY}}}}}} Sending hugs and prayers.

Divine Daisy
November 20th, 2011, 10:35 PM
hey hey chaps! Dont jump the gun............ the baby is not mine or my grandbaby lol. Heather asked me to make this baby quilt for her friend.

No grandbabies for me yet....am hopeful though for next year

meemeecyn
November 20th, 2011, 10:58 PM
It was great reading that you were up to sewing! Good for you, Daisy. You know what they say, you just can't keep a good woman down (or man either....) Keep the faith.....
Cynthia

Sandy Navas
November 20th, 2011, 11:23 PM
There is a power here that spreads around the world, we use it to support each other. Glad it has reached your side and you are feeling our strength that's being sent! Hugs and keep the chin up!!!

janluna
November 21st, 2011, 12:14 AM
Daisy, We are all lifting both you and your husband up in prayer for healing. Sandy is right, we have a lot of power and we can send it anywhere. It's wrapped all around you both, with light, laughter, and love. (((((((((((Daisy and MR.D)))))))))))) Hugs,Love and prayers, Jan L.

stitching woman
November 21st, 2011, 01:24 AM
Daisy I am so glad to hear that you and your DH are feeling better. May the power of prayer and the love of all your friends lift you up. ((((Mr and Mrs Daisy))))