PDA

View Full Version : Faux Peanut butter fudge.

Julie Tweed
November 20th, 2011, 06:46 PM
I had a craving for chocolate tonight and was having a look round the cupboards...and pulled out a few ingredients.

I have made this in the past and I think I got a recipe of sorts online. It probably isn't the best ever PB fudge..but it is still pretty darn good.

1 cup peanut butter
1 cup of ready made chocolate fudge frosting (a tub of Betty Crocker is what I used)
(you can use less of the above ingredients...just make sure they are equal measures)
Powdered sugar

Mix peanut butter and frosting until well blended.
Add enough powdered sugar to make a play dough consistency..put it out of the bowl onto a clean work surface sprinkled with powdered sugar and knead until well mixed adding enough additional P.Sugar to make a quite thick dough. Not too dry that it crumbles...it if does just add in a bit more peanut butter or frosting.

Once well kneaded divide into half or quarters to make it easier to work with...roll it into logs about 1/2 inch thick and slice into bite sized pieces. Chill in the fridge and enjoy..

Making it with just peanut butter and icing sugar is also very good..I use just peanut butter to make my vegan friends treats for the holidays..

Eating some now and it really hits a chocolate hole..:-)

janluna
November 20th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Interesting way to make fudge. My Mom's peanut better fudge is much more involved but delish.
I'm going to try yours. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Jan L

MRoy
November 20th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Sounds so simple and so good!

Julie Tweed
November 20th, 2011, 07:10 PM
It's not really fudge..but it tastes like it and it's quick and sorts a craving..If I get a craving (which thankfully isn't often) I can't be bothered making it the old fashioned way..and this way is quick and easy and tastes close to the real thing with no fuss..

I made about 30 sweets and it took less than 10 minutes start to finished.

Cheers

SuziC
November 20th, 2011, 10:40 PM
WOW aren't you creative!!! Sounds like something i want to try out...thanks!