PDA

View Full Version : So, it's Thursday

Blondie
February 18th, 2016, 08:03 AM

Hello Folksies!

Are you a dreamer? I am really a big dreamer. Daydreams and sleep dreams. I can be like Walter Mitty. Last night I kept dreaming that I was sleeping in a big comfy but strange bed. I would wake up confused as to where I really was. I would wake up, feel around my bed and I felt like I was still in that big, strange bed. After getting a glass of water, and after the next awakening, a glass of milk, I kept having the same dream. It makes no sense, and I am sitting here wondering where in the dregs of my little grey cells did that come from. But like I said, it was a very comfy bed, so I can't say it was a nightmare. Just one of those that repeat itself all night.

Like I said, I am big on daydreaming. I blame Pinterest for much of it these days. Before pinterest, it was magazines. And before magazines, there were my doodles. I used to love to doodle. I may have to try my hand at that again. These days I doodle on the chalk board in the salon that I painted on a closet door. I switch out the doodling each week and have a happy thought to go with the vines, flowers and leaves of my doodling. I often wonder why I doodle similiar stuff - it is a theme in my life sort of. Gardens of happy marigolds, vines of berries and honeysuckle - that sort of thing. My Grandfather (how I miss that gentle man) would often tell us that by our thoughts we are always "becoming". That what we think is what we become. Like a butterfly that broke out of it's cocoon. Poppa would remind us that we need to think on happy things to become happy. So, if my doodling represents the thoughts, daydreams, then I am becoming a garden. I like the thoughts of that. I have Spring Fever bigtime. It has not been a really rough winter here, just long somehow. I can't wait to get my fingers in the dirt and sow some seeds.

Off to get the day going. I really need to mop. And clean up some of the debris in the yard from the horrible wind damage of the last storm. I will continue my daydreaming while I do that and trust me, I will have a smile when I think of zinnias, sunflowers, marigolds and taming the vines around my deck.

Have a wonderful day, dear friends. Hope your daydreams bring a smile to your face.

Monique
February 18th, 2016, 08:54 AM
Good morning Blondie. I am glad your dream wasn't a nightmare. I am so ready for spring. We haven't had much of a winter here but it's still winter and after the BIG snow storm the other day, well, it can go.

It another cold day here but not quite as cold as the beginning of the week. I don't know why but I had a hard time getting warm yesterday. 2 more work days left, and I am so glad. I really do not feel like working today. It is certainly not a hard job, as I am done my work at about 9:30 am but it is a long day. Oh well I should not complain it's a job nonetheless.

Well there you have it. Have a great day friends.

MayinJerset
February 18th, 2016, 08:54 AM
Hi Blondie, Yes, it is Thursday, can Friday and the weekend be far behind?

Dreaming of comfy beds and beautiful flowers along with deep thoughts about the meaning of your doodling is a bit heavy for me this early in the morning. Guess that's why we all look forward to your early morning greetings, they always have happy thoughts and often some things for us to think about during the day while my first morning thoughts are "Is the coffee ready?" LOL!

Feeling a little more awake as daylight has begun to creep in, looks gray and misty but maybe the sun will break through and brighten up the day. Yesterday was a Do Nothing Day, for a change DH and I didn't have to be someplace or do anything pressing so we just hung out at home. I went though my Big Scraps tote and finally was able to let go of most of them, even the orphan blocks. I kept 3 blocks and enough scraps to finish them into doll quilts and the rest will go to some gals who turn orphan blocks of all sizes, shapes and colors into attractive donation quilts.

Sun just popped in to say 126172Good Morning to all.

Patsquilting
February 18th, 2016, 08:55 AM
Good Morning, Blondie: maybe you need a new mattress that you keep dreaming that? Ha-Ha - just joking. Love to daydream - dreaming of those quilts I want to make, dreaming of the flower gardens I want to put in, etc. Biggest is winning the powerball or mega-million jackpot! It doesn't hurt to dream does it?

Already did the mopping and clothes. Had that stomach bug the last couple of days so am feeling much better and want to get things done. Have lots of errands to do today.

Here's to a wonderful day to all. Stay warm - stay safe.

URIBARRI-MAYOR
February 18th, 2016, 10:12 AM
Good morning everyone, If I also want to have a blossoming, but we still winter, and have water and cold, say that Sunday will see some sun anyway and the days are longer, just missing the flowers, but they arrived. Yesterday I had a rather busy day because one of my GGK had a birthday, "12" and had a party at my house, so I was preparing the party myself because my DD work and could not do it, but all was fine and we had fun, so today to fix and keep the things that we used to party. Like yesterday I could not get into my sewing roon, I hope to do today and finish something that is staying back a little so, I wish you are all well and have a happy day and sheltered as much as possible, command smiles, greetings and prayers for all who need it

MRoy
February 18th, 2016, 11:05 AM
Good morning! The sun is finally burning off the foggy haze and overcast that we've had all week. It's been a long snowy week and I need to get outside and get a big dose of Vitamin D. Hubby and I are both coming down with colds (I hope that's all it is). We're supposed to meet DS for lunch Sunday, if we're contagious that may have to be rescheduled.

I've been working on donation quilts since before Christmas and I have 8 ready to go with 1 more to finish. I'm ready to do some sewing for myself. I've yet to keep a quilt that I've made.

Granny Judy
February 18th, 2016, 12:54 PM
I hear ya Myrna- making and giving a lot in the last 2 years. I'm wanting to make one for myself, too. Just looking around for what pattern I really love. ( there are so many of them)

But first comes the washing.. I have 2 weeks worth and that is after I did some DE cluttering. Really pared down the blankets, sheets and towels. I can now open that closet and not have stuff spilling out on the floor. Working on the kitchen now... I mean who needs 3 pizza cutters or 4 cheese slicers and 2 sets of knives?

It must be something catching as DD wants to go thru all the Christmas and Halloween Decorations. Now that is whole nother closet of boxes and bags !!

Is it Spring yet??? must be the longer days and promise of warmer temps...

MayinJerset
February 18th, 2016, 01:10 PM
I agree, who needs 3 pizza cutters? Keep up the good work Judy.

Oh, it is so easy to get tired and just stuff items into the drawers and closets but sooner or later we have to knuckle down and get things organize. I'm trying right now to de-stash my big scraps and get my stash organized for easy access. It's slow going - especially when the keep pile gets bigger than the Donate Pile. Did bite the bullet last night and cut the Keep Pile to the barest minimum and all others filled Donation bag #1. Only 10 more totes of fabric to go through and then the big cabinet. On the upside I've found great looking fabrics I forgot about and it's all at least 1 1/2 yards or more, they went right into the Keep Pile..

toggpine
February 18th, 2016, 01:40 PM
My Grandfather (how I miss that gentle man) would often tell us that by our thoughts we are always "becoming". That what we think is what we become. Like a butterfly that broke out of it's cocoon. Poppa would remind us that we need to think on happy things to become happy.

Thanks for sharing this. If there was ever a week I needed to be reminded of the power of finding something positive to think on, this is it.
I shall sit here for a few minutes watching the deer wander by the porch with windswept waves crashing in the background while I finish my coffee. My mom will arrive at the beach today, and possibly my sister tomorrow to celebrate my daughter's birthday. There is just something about having your mom/sister handy to get you through the tough stuff.
Then there is the thought of "Daisy". We had a new baby goat born while we were away. According to the reports from the farm-sitter everything is going well with Daffy, the mom, and baby.
A squall is blowing in off the ocean, and it ought to be a doozie. I'll refill my cup and watch it land. I hope the little family of deer have some place snug to tuck up!
Have a good one, or at least try to make it so.
Hugs, Cathy

rebeccas-sewing
February 18th, 2016, 01:44 PM
Yay! It's raining in southern California!!!! Keep it coming.

Bubby
February 18th, 2016, 01:49 PM
Morning Everyone,

I had rough sleepless night again. Jeff was called back to work after dinner and he was gone all night.

It's very windy and chilly today but at least the sun is shining. Warmer days have to come along soon. After I get off here I have to work on our taxes...yuk. Our accountant scrutinizes everything and gives me a rough time if my records are sketchy.

Have a great day everyone. I hope some of you are enjoying the sunshine. Hugs....

EnumclawGramma
February 18th, 2016, 02:52 PM
Good Morning! (it's still morning here, for a bit longer!) I'm up and moving, well...I'm up. Tired today. Maybe the Grands wore me out yesterday. I taught two of the boys to play Scrabble! Next is Dominoes. I just have to figure out a way to convince them that it's not just a learning game *wink*
DH has a date for retirement!!! May 20. We plan on selling this huge house and getting into something smaller and more manageable for just us in the next few months. I would ask for prayers here I have no idea where we'll end up and it's got to be the last move.
Not a lot of housework to do today, so this means possibly a visit to my Sister and some sewing. The sun is shining, I need to get out there!
Hugs, prayers and all good thoughts!

LauraP
February 18th, 2016, 08:53 PM
You know the wind is blowing when you have to get the tie down straps out to keep MIL's porch roof from blowing away. Her husband liked to use second hand stuff to build with. Back around '75 he used scrap lumber and baling wire to build their screened in porch. DH and I did as many repairs as his mother would allow last summer and painted it but she wouldn't let us replace all the rotten wood so basically it is held together with prayers and hopes. She is 94 so we are all hoping it lasts until she is gone.
SIL and I escaped to WalMart today (30 miles away) and had a wonderful time. I got the new Quiltmaker magazine and it has some really cute baby/toddler blankets in it. The one on the front has a zebra.
I just finished the 3 toddlers fleece sleeping bags and have a hobo bag purse half done. Then I can go back to working on the autistic queen size quilt for my great-niece and her boyfriend. Then maybe I can work on something fun for me.
Have a great evening and I hope you don't get blown away.

Kansas farm girl
February 19th, 2016, 12:52 AM
I just popped in for a sandwich and cup of coffee. We, my husband and I, are both volunteer firefighters and EMT's in our county. We were called out Wed. afternoon due to grass fire. This is the first time I have been home sense. We have had ambulance in the area where the most firefighters are just to give support, dry socks, eye wash, bandaids, and what ever else is needed. We also have had 5 emergency calls, heart attack, 2 breathing problems, due to smoke, child with flu, car wreck. I have never seen such a huge grass fire in my life. I don't know how many ponds have been drained as we have to haul water from a town 50 miles away. There are 3 tankers hauling. Thank goodness we have few homes in the rural area and its just pasture burning, However we are moving cattle and horses to other peoples land trying to keep them safe. I have been on a hose, ambulance, tank truck and horse for 30+ hours. I feel for the people who have forest fires. People have been so nice to bring water, sandwiches, coffee, cookies for the emergency workers. I pray that the wind lets up tonight, as we need to rotate some people out so they can be ready for tomorrow . Everyone keep safe and if you are where the wind is blowing, think before you light a fire, throw away a cig butt, or grill.

Claire Hallman
February 19th, 2016, 01:35 AM
I just popped in for a sandwich and cup of coffee. We, my husband and I, are both volunteer firefighters and EMT's in our county. We were called out Wed. afternoon due to grass fire. This is the first time I have been home sense. We have had ambulance in the area where the most firefighters are just to give support, dry socks, eye wash, bandaids, and what ever else is needed. We also have had 5 emergency calls, heart attack, 2 breathing problems, due to smoke, child with flu, car wreck. I have never seen such a huge grass fire in my life. I don't know how many ponds have been drained as we have to haul water from a town 50 miles away. There are 3 tankers hauling. Thank goodness we have few homes in the rural area and its just pasture burning, However we are moving cattle and horses to other peoples land trying to keep them safe. I have been on a hose, ambulance, tank truck and horse for 30+ hours. I feel for the people who have forest fires. People have been so nice to bring water, sandwiches, coffee, cookies for the emergency workers. I pray that the wind lets up tonight, as we need to rotate some people out so they can be ready for tomorrow . Everyone keep safe and if you are where the wind is blowing, think before you light a fire, throw away a cig butt, or grill.
Thanks for what you are doing, I hope it is contained soon.