PDA

View Full Version : HeeHaw it's Wednesday

Monique
February 17th, 2016, 07:22 AM
Good morning friends. What a day it was yesterday. We set an all time record yesterday.

"The final snowfall total for Ottawa was 51.2 centimeters at the Ottawa Airport, pushing past the February 16th record of 39.6 set in 1954, and all-time single-day record of 45.7 set in February of 1895." That is 20.157480314961 INCHES. It was coming down faster than you could shovel it. Wicked day. Luckily I don't have to travel too far on a back road, no less, at least there was no traffic and I had the whole road to myself.

Another work day today. I finished the quilt I was working on and now need to find something else to take with me. What, I have no clue.

Have a great day friends.

ceiliam
February 17th, 2016, 07:48 AM
Morning all hoping you all have a great day. Went to my sewing class I am auditing at the University. I am so enjoying this class. Worked on blouse I am making for it. Also got blocks ironed and only need 4 more to put quilt together. It's like a quilts of Valor quilt ,doing to my SIL father who served in Korean war. He has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's so am rushing to finish for him so he can enjoy it while he can. Such a horrible disease.

Monique so sorry for cold cold weather I do not miss it please stay warm and be careful. Cecelia

MayinJerset
February 17th, 2016, 08:20 AM
Monique, That's a LOT OF SNOW!

We had very heavy rain and wind all day yesterday which caused flooding in places, we got a good soaking when we left the supermarket. So glad it had warmed up from those below zero temps or today we would be digging ourselves out of another major snow storm. Enough already!

Later this morning i need to check on DS#1 who hasn't been feeling good, want to make sure he has checked with his doctor. He found out recently that the whole lower level of his house has mold and we suspect that could be why he has been sick on and off this Winter. He got rid of the furniture and rugs, contractor removed walls, insulation and installed French drains new insulation and walls and hopefully all the mold is gone. Living by The Shore in Jersey isn't all fun and sunshine as he lives between the ocean, the bay and river and mold is common in the area.

Blondie
February 17th, 2016, 08:27 AM
Hi Monique and others,
Just came charging in the M* forum like the proverbial bull in a china shop - posting before looking in other words. Ooopsy.

That is a lot of snow, making me realize that we here in my little corner of the world should never ever complain about the bits and pieces we get. I keep telling y'all that you are true pioneers. I just couldn't do that much cold/snow any longer. When I was younger and lived in Pennsy, I reveled in the snow drifts and enjoyed every day of it. Now, it is tricky - watching my step for slick stuff and who the heckfire shoot wants to shovel? Oy.

May, that mold can be wicked. Fingers crossed that he will be okay. We also got the storm after the snow - it looks rough here in the roads and yard. i reckon those duke energy workers of last weeks trimming didn't get finished on the other roads as we lost power for quite a while according to hubs (I was safe and warm with DD)
Smiles!

Patsquilting
February 17th, 2016, 08:48 AM
Good Morning, All: Yes, yesterday was a nasty day. Lots of rain and strong winds. Thank GOD it wasn't snow. I think I've had enough of that also. Blondie as you were saying, once upon a time, it was fun. NOW, don't have the energy to shovel, don't want to fall and hurt something so walking is very careful. BUT, it is what it is and you do the best you can.

Here's to a great day of sunshine and health to all. Enjoy it - one moment at a time.

shermur
February 17th, 2016, 08:57 AM
Morning, all! It's been a while for posting....I feel blessed the winter here has been very mild....

There is a lot going on in life; Ashley and Conner still adjusting to the new environment since December 27th (how long will it take?). Ashley is procrastinating on engaging her new life's path...UGH!

The new job so far (since 1/11/16) is going great! I haven't had such respect and authorization in a long time; it is quite comforting to know I work with individuals who share the same outlook and business sense that I do!

I joined a local quilting guild that has been in existence since 1984 and over 80 members strong. I'm quite excited to be a part of something that shares my same quilting passion! Last weekend, I got a small corner organized to set-up my Janome and a make shift place to press/rotary cut! Sometime this next weekend, I need to get my name tag created and get my PHD (Project Half Done) items nearing completion.

Halgal13 and I are attending a Little House on the Prairie trunk show this weekend at Mama's Log House in Huntington, AR! I can't wait to have a few hours to see how others create with this beautiful fabric!

Ginny B
February 17th, 2016, 09:01 AM
Good morning. Oh boy, that was some storm that hit here yesterday. Torrents of rain came down. So many people got totally soaked leaving our advocacy event at work yesterday. Umbrellas were of no use whatsoever with the wind that came with the rain. The trip back to the office was a wet and windy one for sure. And that wind did a number on our shed while we were at work. Came home to a mess to clean up for sure. Much calmer out there today.

Sherri, good to see you and so happy to hear that you are so happy in your new job. That's terrific. And glad to hear you have found some fellow quilters to share your passion with.

Have a wonderful Wednesday all.

mischiefkat
February 17th, 2016, 11:25 AM
Good to see we are all surviving the winter. We woke about 3am yesterday to booming thunder and lightening that lite up the whole house, even with the drapes closed. We were lucky no downed trees,or power outages and our ever leaning fence stayed up. Just lots of street flooding and signs down. Not everyone was as lucky. Tornados on the east coast that toppled semi's on the interstates, lots of houses damaged etc etc. Phil didn't predict that winter was going to get it's licks in before it departed. Everyone have a great day, stay warm, prayers for all need them or not. Kathy

Granny Judy
February 17th, 2016, 12:21 PM
I must have followed Blondie's foot prints since I posted in the first thing I saw.. where she was! LOL. Anyhow, I'm surviving this last (I Hope) bit of winter weather.. Got a few little projects in the works for the rest of Feb since I finished and gifted the Quatrefoil (huge) quilt to it's intended victim.

Got to see the Musical "Best Little Whorehouse in Texas" at the Peoria Players Theatre... which was great. Love Live performances where the Audience (ME) gets to participate a little. (Translates into hand clapping, foot stomping with the actors/singers)

DD Has a follow up work up in March to make sure all her treatments worked.. meanwhile we are doing some fun things together and cleaning out the house's clutter. *Spring Fever came early this year.*