PDA

View Full Version : Tommy has forum mail!

cyndiofthevortex
February 16th, 2016, 12:00 PM
Tommy called me last night, very excited.

"Cyndi, I just got some cards from your friends - they've come from all over the country! I can't believe it. Every one has either a Bible verse or something so inspirational. Please tell them thank you and that I send my love right back to them. I'm keeping them next to my bed so I can read them over and over. They remind me of the verses Mom wrote for me. I can't believe it."

About the verses from our Mom, it is quite a story. When my Mom died, her Bible could not be found. Just as Tommy got the diagnosis of brain cancer, nine years later, her Bible showed up in the old house where she lived. In it was a piece of paper with some simple Bible verses on it. I gave the paper to Tommy. He is sure she wrote them just for him for this hard time. He has my sister Nancy read it to him every day. When I call and ask him how he is doing, every day he says, "I am strong and courageous. I am not afraid."

cyndiofthevortex
February 16th, 2016, 12:05 PM
I just now got this email from my sister Nancy, who is Tommy's caretaker: "As you heard from Tom last night, the cards from your friends are a BIG hit. They were so kind and thoughtful, and each one offered a message of hope or comfort. He loved that they were from all over the country and that they were praying for him. What a special gift from you and your quilting friends.
Thank you!"

rebeccas-sewing
February 16th, 2016, 01:13 PM
It's nice to hear how much our correspondence means to him. Such little effort on our part and yet it's obviously had a large impact. You are good sister, Cyndi.

kimsophia
February 16th, 2016, 04:44 PM
Yes, you are a good sister. :) Also thanks for the opportunity to do a random act of kindness! :)

SewMuchToDo
February 17th, 2016, 03:18 AM
That is wonderful! Happy he is getting so much mail from all over!

ceiliam
February 17th, 2016, 07:03 AM
So glad the cards are making him happy . you Cindi are a wonderful caring sister

cv quilter
February 17th, 2016, 10:55 AM
Cyndi, thanks for sharing the phone calls from Tom and your sister. This is a great way to start my day and I'm so happy that the cards are bringing joy to Tom. You're an awesome sister to have thought to do this for Tom!

bhaggerty
February 17th, 2016, 10:45 PM
So glad this has cheered him up!!!

LauraP
February 17th, 2016, 11:14 PM
Would he be interested in information about our different states or interesting places in them?

Blondie
February 18th, 2016, 08:04 AM
How happy I am that so many have responded to Tommy with enouragement! I intend to send him another card this week, once I can actually get to the store to get more cards.
Thank you for allowing us another opportunity to give of ourselves. Blessings!