PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday gooddays!

Monique
February 16th, 2016, 07:51 AM
Gadday everyone! I hope your Monday was good.

Mine did not start off right. Les got the van started but then it stalled out at Doug's and I needed to get a boost. ????? BUT Doug did make me breakfast and I gave him some soup and beans in exchange.

We are expecting heavy snow today, anywhere from 8-18 inches. OYE!!!

I did not sleep well last night. I was up several times through the night and YES the water was freezing. Luckily I caught it in time. This happened three times. So early this morning, I turned the heater on under the house for about a half hour or so to warm it up a little. I HATE WINTER!!!

So it is another work day here, which really means quilting and watching movies. BUT don't tell my boss.

Not much else going on around these parts.

Have a great day everyone. Safe travels to anyone in the path of this storm, if you have to venture out.

dwil23
February 16th, 2016, 08:54 AM
Good Morning, all!

Monique, I can't even imagine what that would be like. Believe it or not, a coworker that just transferred from New York City is complaining that he has never been so cold in his life. He doesn't miss the snow, but he says he feels the cold much more here than there - I don't know about all - that's just what he says!

Everyone stay safe and warm - spring will be here soon. Phil said so!

URIBARRI-MAYOR
February 16th, 2016, 09:23 AM
Good morning everyone, I can not imagine being aware cold and snowy so many days, in my country hardly snows in the mountains and have to be quite high, usually we are between 12 and 15 Celsius in winter, though February is usually a bit colder and this week are between 4 and 10 so we have a little cold, but only raining and not snowing, we were lucky today and has left us a beautiful sun but the temperature is a little low, well wait for the spring no longer far away. I hope everyone is well and if they can stay home to heat and everyone to have a nice day, Greetings

Ginny B
February 16th, 2016, 09:52 AM
Good morning all. Happy Tuesday. No snow here today. We did have some yesterday but then it turned to rain and today the temps will be up in the 50's and we will have heavy rain starting later today. The weather roller coaster continues.

Today will be a very different day at work. It is Advocacy Day. I work for an agency that serves individuals with learning and developmental disabilities and Advocacy Day is an event where there are a number of workshops and speakers to encourage our individuals to advocate for themselves along with their support systems. It is my first time attending/working this event and I am looking forward to it.

Have a good day everyone. Stay safe all those dealing with all the snow, rain, tornadoes, etc.

MayinJerset
February 16th, 2016, 09:57 AM
After the very heavy snow fall yesterday we thought we would be snowbound for days but the temps rose and this morning all the snow is gone. Glad that's it is gone as we have lots to do to day beginning around 10 this morning and ending with some food shopping.

Hope to continue de-stashing later this afternoon so I can drop my discards off at my guild's meeting place tomorrow as some members will be there for a Open Sew Day.

quiltingtrish
February 16th, 2016, 12:12 PM
I have a snow day too! In fact, it has turned in to a 4 day weekend for me. Yesterday the snow wasn't to start until 2, well - it started before I got up so there was already snow on the roads and snowed all day. I took a sick day (I have never taken a sick day because of snow, but since I already have a doozy of a cold and I would have been walking in, I decided to look out for myself for once) . They started school on time and let out at 1:30. It continued to snow - only got about 3-4", but then turned to sleet and freezing rain all night. I can't remember when I've seen it so icky out there as it is today. It is raining now, but everything is slick. No sense in trying the get the ice off the sidewalks and driveway as we are to get heavy downpours all afternoon. School is closed - yay!
I am getting lots of odd and end quilting worked on and we even got Katie's old bedroom cleaned up a bit. Son #2 may be coming back home in May after he graduates from college for a bit if he doesn't have a full time job lined up at that time.
Off here for the day. I've got 3 bindings to hand sew to the 3 attic wall hangings.
Have a great day.

Carolnnc
February 16th, 2016, 12:25 PM
A mid-morning hello to all! I still have Monday morning foggy head:) On my second cup of coffee and am giving myself 45 more minutes before I get up and make myself get busy. I have squares ready to put together for my sons quilt so I hope to get that done today. I am trying to learn embroidery and it's harder than quilting!!!! I am working on a table runner and taking the "running horse" stance....if you can't see if from the back of a running horse then it's pretty.
Yesterday was all sleet and ice. This morning I went out in my shirt sleeves! It's supposed to be in the low 60's for the weekend and I do hope the weatherman is right.
May everyone have a blessed and productive day!

susie i
February 16th, 2016, 12:51 PM
Morning everyone! It is dreary and cold here with only a sparse amount of snow left on the ground.i finished the table topper for the table next to my Mothers recliner yesterday,thankfully she is hand sewing the binding down for me.It's my first attempt at a dresdan plate,thank goodness for jenny and her tutorials!Time for that much needed second cup of coffee and then after a few chores,I'm heading to the sewing room.I have a king size quilt top that i finished almost a year ago so it's time to at least put the first border on it!I hope all of you keep warm and safe today.

rebeccas-sewing
February 16th, 2016, 12:53 PM
I need to get busy, too. Spent a lot of time shopping for fabric yesterday. The final tally is always a shock. I keep hoping for more rain in SoCal but so far no luck. Joe finished my peg board last night. I need to spray paint it and get it hung up. Looking forward to hanging my rulers/templates on it and whatever else fits.