PDA

View Full Version : President's Day Night Owl

kimsophia
February 16th, 2016, 02:46 AM
Hoot hoot! I hope you had a nice day off work (or at least not getting mail)...I managed to get my Floating Hexagons lap quilt comforter assembled today. I need more white embroidery floss to put some more ties through it. DH likes it. It has furry fabric for the backing and thick batting. I'll get some photos taken soon.

What's up with you? @,@

stationarymom
February 16th, 2016, 03:10 AM
Hoot hoot I hope you enjoyed your day off today.I'm glad your quilt is coming along.Was it hard to sew through the furry fabric on the back? I didn't do much at all today my DH was home and my two kids plus the dog,people everywhere.I had a pot roast to cook for dinner I did that in the oven that took 4 hrs.It's still cold here but at least it's still above 0.We're supposed to get rain tomorrow and that might cause a lot of ice.I have a police scanner and there were calls all over town for broken water pipes in homes and buildings or broken water mains in the streets.They say the risk for broken pipes is greater as the temp goes up.

Cowgirl quilter
February 16th, 2016, 03:30 AM
Hooting your way. kimsophia, glad you are looking at the home stretch on your quilt - it sounds lovely. My DH likes soft snuggly backs on his quilts, too.

Spring temps here this weekend, which in our case means lots of melting snow = muddy water flowing and flooding in the valleys. We are not near the river, so no worries here, but I HATE mud season. Not that I have a choice. My mop will be getting a workout for awhile.

toggpine, did the in-laws go home yet?

Kat Smith
February 16th, 2016, 03:51 AM
Hey All,
Sewed, did nothing, sewed, did nothing, sewed, took a break all day today. It was nice not to have to do anything. Hubby and I delivered Valentine cupcakes to all of our kids and his Mother yesterday, so we both sorta just did what we wanted today. Cold here again today and it is suppose to be again tomorrow, then warming up for the rest of the week. Think I will start my spring walking plan come Wed. morning.

Kimsophia, can't wait to see this quilt, you have been so diligent with it, home stretch is in sight.

Joan, a couple of years ago we had a real problem with frozen water pipes, there are always some broken ones in the winter, but frozen ones was fairly new, but then so were some of the unbelievable temps we were getting that year.

Last Thur, Fri and Sat. a big fabric store here had a 50% sale off of there clearance wall, so I went and had a look. I got a few things that I was looking for, some cottons with food on them for those micro wave bowl holders for 50% of of $5.99. Great deal! Along with a plain off white and a light cream 100% cotton, nice weight and who couldn't use that. Trouble is when I find a good deal like that I buy some but then I get cheap and instead of buying a couple or 3 meters of the cream and off white at $2.50 a meter I only bought 1 each. Could kick myself today. The day will come when I will need some and I will have to pay like $16.00 for half a meter cause that will be the only one that goes with what I'm working on and I will need it now. Hubby keeps telling me I'm frugal not cheap, but I know cheap when I see it.

Well, heading into the nest, have a good night and keep warm.
Kathy

MayinJerset
February 16th, 2016, 04:37 AM
Lots of heavy snow all day but this evening our outdoor thermometer read 47 so who knows what we will find in the morning, mush, snow or ice? This Night Owl knows when to stay inside so that's where you'll find me.

Trying to de-stash myself of fabrics I know I'll never have time to do something with so yesterday I went through a tote of FQs, strips and squares of guy type fabrics. Kept enough for a lap quilt and the rest I put in a big plastic bag and it is going to my guild's stash. Found a few yards of a really nice yellow that I didn't remember I had, that I'm keeping for sure. Next to go through are the kid's fabrics, will be difficult as so many of the fabrics are real cute but only keeping larger pieces. Wish me luck that this time I really de-stash.

Judy, USMC
February 16th, 2016, 04:46 AM
Hoot to y'all! Oh my, sewing snuggly quilts, mopping during mud season and delivering cupcakes - such an industrious group.

Spent the day shopping and dining with my husband who came to visit me Valentine's Day and Monday while I'm on my personal retreat. I've extended my stay here at the condo. Had a cyst develop in my earlobe and behind my ear and they had to lance it. Seems to be infected so I've got an appt. to have it checked Wednesday. It hurts when I roll over (side sleeper here) so sleep gets interrupted.

Glad it's warming - well at least it's above 0. Keep safe and well.

kayjay
February 16th, 2016, 11:10 AM
Lots of wet snow here. Did a lot of sewing yesterday to get my Churn Dash done. Most of today was spent buying carpet and shelving for my new sewing room/works space in the basement. I was so thrilled we were making progress on it. After the carpet was down, I was giddy with joy. We then put the shelving units together and my dh will be making a custom wood worktop. He is out buying the wood now. Yaaay. I will soon be off my dining room table. I have the week off from work. yaaay. Off to have a late lunch with friends later and making some hand creme today. Have a great day everyone.