PDA

View Full Version : it's cold when......

LauraP
February 15th, 2016, 12:24 PM

I want to be one of the guys on the shore laughing

irishrn
February 15th, 2016, 12:28 PM
Laughing, but his poor head!! Ouch!

quiltsRfun
February 15th, 2016, 12:48 PM
Laughing, but his poor head!! Ouch!

I'm sure it's photoshopped, but funny. Maybe it needs a disclaimer: No animals were harmed in the making of this photo.

stationarymom
February 16th, 2016, 03:01 AM
There was a story on our local news tonight about 3 swans that keep getting stuck to the ice in the town over from us.The fire dept has had to go out with warm water and spray them so they can get loose.It's been sooo cold here.

redcaboose1717
February 16th, 2016, 04:46 AM
Here in the small town I live in someone comes and gets the swans & ducks that live here in the mild weather in the winter, and then brings them back to the lake(s) when spring comes. Several year ago, one of the swans (there's 3 or 4 pairs ) was killed by someone, and that poor swan that was left mourned for a long time. The story was that every time this swan ( it was reported that the man swan survived ) seen a certain type of speed boat on the lake he would try his best to attack it.....I don't know how true this story is, but the swan was taken to another lake after a year or so I think. Swans & Mallard Ducks mate for life.....

Meghan Plamondon
February 16th, 2016, 08:37 PM
Up here it gets so cold that all of the ducks always go south. No open water from about December until the end of April. It can get to -40 C with the wind. Brrrrrr. Any silly ducks that stay too long I'm sure don't make it, we're in the country and a fox would have gotten the silly ones pretty quick. We know spring is on its way when we see that first robin fly back.

bajasadie
February 17th, 2016, 02:03 AM
And here in Sacramento, California it's been 70 degrees this last week....sunny and beautiful. We're supposed to get some rain tomorrow-we still need rain.