PDA

View Full Version : Monday morning hellos

Monique
February 15th, 2016, 08:32 AM
Good morning friends. Still COLD here but it is warming up this week, starting with today, I hope.

I never left the house all weekend, just too darn cold. I sewed instead. I finished up the table runner for the swap, pictures are in that album if you care to look. Swap partner no determined yet. I also finished adding the binding onto the other quilt. I am going to take that with me today for finish up.

I also have an ultrasound this afternoon. So a lot of traveling to do today to get to work and back. It is a good thing I have three hour lunches.

I also spent yesterday cooking, baked beans, soup, and made my dessert for Bonnie to take with her tomorrow for Victoria's Quilts.

I hope you all have a nice Valentine's Day. Hubby surprised me this morning with a box of chocolates.

Have a great day everyone.

Ginny B
February 15th, 2016, 09:57 AM
Good morning and Happy Monday. Not as cold here this morning. Yesterday was pretty brutal. The heat ran constantly yet temperature in the house was never able to get much above the low 60's. Even dh was wearing layers. DH's car wouldn't start early in the day. Once it warmed up a bit, he was able to start it. My sons' pipes to his bathroom sink froze. Luckily that was the only set that froze in the house and they didn't unfreeze until after midnight last night. My step-daughter's drain in her kitchen froze too. Overall, I guess we didn't do too bad. Everybody just stayed home and let Mother Nature do her thing and we will all head out today. Snow arriving later today.

Have a wonderful day everyone. Stay safe and warm.

dwil23
February 15th, 2016, 10:17 AM
Good Morning, all!

Hope everyone has a Blessed Day - prayers for those in need......

irishrn
February 15th, 2016, 10:40 AM
Morning all. We're here with freezing rain and temps in 20's. Accidents galore on the roads being reported. Glad we're home!

Spent the weekend indoors with the freezing temps. Managed to get several boxes emptied and found lots of pictures! And I have so many pictures in heavy frames from 40 + years ago, mostly of the kids. Gotta find a way to store better cause I can't throw them out!
Any suggestions??
Got all my machines cleaned and oiled. They needed it! Fabric sorting in progress. It was quite the surprise what my stash contained!

Wishing everyone a warm and dry day! Stay safe. Think Spring!!

MayinJerset
February 15th, 2016, 10:42 AM
Good Monday morning everyone, it's time to Rise and Shine as not everyone has Present's Day off. Been up a few hours and so far I have Risen but it is going to take some time before I begin to Shine. No sign of the snow and ice forecasted for today so I will brave the cold this afternoon to go to PT. First another cup of coffee is needed.

Grandma Nan
February 15th, 2016, 10:55 AM
Good morning everyone

Just checking in with everyone. Monique you are right it was wicked cold around here on the weekend. Unfortunately for me I had to go out, I would have loved to stay in my jammies and cook and sew but that was not to be for me. Monique and I had a long talk on the phone on Saturday night. All week I have kept missing Lenore (Nidan_7) when she called me but we will also catch up soon.

I am thankful that our cars both started but they are spoiled and are in a garage so if they had to sit outside I'm not sure. I am also thankful for a good warm house. The cold and wind have been just brutal this weekend.

On Friday had to get my father to hospital by ambulance. He was having severe shortness of breath. He has a long standing lung problem as well as a heart condition so he was admitted but they are not sure what is going on with him just yet. He is still in hospital so we have been driving back and forth (about a 30 minute drive) to see him all weekend.

3 of the grandsons who live here in town played hockey yesterday morning. We were able to make it out for the 2 older ones (9 and 11) who were playing at the same arena so that is always fun and they like it when we go to their games.

Last Wednesday I had cataract surgery (I know I'm way to young for that but......) on my R eye and it is amazing. Such a short relatively simple procedure and I no longer need my glasses. Its like a miracle. In 2 weeks I have to have the left eye done-it is my distance vision eye so I should be just tip top once that is done.

All this to say, I have not been in my sewing room for a couple of weeks and I am getting behind on my projects that I signed up for at the quilting guild. Hopefully I can get in the sewing room today for a while but I probably will head off to the hospital for a little while.

Stay warm or cool whatever your situation is. Even though I have not been posting much I do lurk.

Grandma Nan

Patsquilting
February 15th, 2016, 11:20 AM
Good Morning, All: it is cold here this morning (-10) but the wind has died down so they are saying not as bad as this weekend. Spent the weekend with my DD and grandkids. Never left the house - too cold especially with the wind blowing. Quality time with all of them. Snow expected this afternoon, turning to mix then to lots of rain. Supposed to be over 50 tomorrow - figure that out!! Sewing on my agenda today - as well as packing up my quilting books and magazines.

Stay warm all, be safe if bad weather in your area. Have a fantastic day.

gshannon1008
February 15th, 2016, 11:22 AM
Good morning all. I hope the freezing rain holds off long enough for me to pick up my new baby---a Tiara 2. I am "sew" excited. I did alot of cleaning and reorganizing to make a home for this baby. After all those quilts I did for Christmas gifts my sister convinced me that I deserved to go to my LQS to check the machine and cost. As I slowly fell in love with this baby she kept encouraging me to go for it, "You deserve it"! Once I made my decision and did all the paperwork , to my surprised my dear family & friends (everyone who got a quilt) gave me a gift card towards the cost. What a wonderful gift. Pictures will be coming.:D

ceiliam
February 15th, 2016, 11:26 AM
Morning all, have to get house cleaning done haircut also round up a bunch of tumbleweeds,have the pest control guys coming here we have to spray every 4 months for awful cockroaches....hate hate hate them. Something to do with the climate here.
Love the weather not so much the bugs.
Feel for you all in that horrible cold weather. Hope it lets up soon.
Have a wonderful and safe day. Cecelia

LauraP
February 15th, 2016, 11:38 AM
the weather isn't so bad here in our corner of the world but my daughter who lives by Ft. Drum, NY had to bring the chickens in yesterday so they wouldn't freeze. The dogs had to give up their kennel room. I'll bet the crowing was loud this morning.
Went to see my sister this weekend so didn't get to work on any big projects but did get some applique work done. And my husband who is an appliance repairman fixed two of the extended families refrig's. So not a bad weekend.
Now I have to sew four kids sleeping bags, just fleece blankets folded in half, so they can get out of my sewing area.
Oh, does anyone know where my smaller cutting mat is hiding? I swear I've looked everywhere. My husband says it is right next to his truck keys which went missing a few months back.

Carolnnc
February 15th, 2016, 11:55 AM
Good morning to everyone. We have a sheet of ice this morning. Went out to feed and water the chickens and slide down the hill. The water was warm so it wasn't so bad but I think I still have some grains from the feed in my hair. Glad I didn't get hurt since I'm no spring chicken (snicker). I'm going to throw the fixings for spagetti sauce in the crock pot and spend the day in the quilting cave. I'm ready for spring! Every click of the electric meter is less fabric for me:( Hope everyone has a lovely day. For those who are struggling with health I offer up a prayer.

MRoy
February 15th, 2016, 12:03 PM
Good morning! We've got about 6" of snow here, but it's beginning to warm up and should be in the 60s by the weekend. I've cleared a path between the house and my studio and I'm headed out there shortly to work on quilting another donation quilt that I put on the frame yesterday. I've almost got all the blocks made for 1 more donation quilt. When it's done I'm going to work on something for me!

Stay safe and warm and have a great day!

Bubby
February 15th, 2016, 12:16 PM
Morning Everyone,

This morning I washed two new quilts from last year I hadn't washed yet and they turned out great. I had concerns about the red fabric in the Curved Log Cabin but the Color Catchers came out of the wash pure white. I also cooked up a big pot of chicken breasts for the Girls....not that they're spoiled or anything like that!

Thanks to everyone for the sweet birthday wishes....we have such wonderful quilty friends here.

Wishing for a blessed day for all of us. Hugs....

SewnByBee
February 15th, 2016, 03:22 PM
Good morning.
Finally getting to jump on for a little bit. This back stuff is for the birds.....
I've missed getting to see all of y'all and see what your making. Hope I can look around a little.

Looks like some of you have some cold and snowy weather.We have a lot of rain heading at us, and possible really cold stuff behind it. Stay safe and warm as you can, maybe spring will get here soon.

Bubby, I hope you have a happy birthday... your so special. You are so good to All of us, and I appreciate your friendship.

I got to spend time with my girl over the weekend. We picked up a few things for the baby and went to a little place that serves a verity of chillies , I was pleased to try some white chillies. Now I will try making some, it was good.

I'll be back on after while. Take care........125997

Carol336
February 15th, 2016, 03:52 PM
Good afternoon......it feels like morning though because I just made myself a nice cup of hot coffee. It's snowing here today and I just can't seem to get warm.....hope the coffee helps. I usually only drink one cup in the morning, but this day calls for another cup!!!

Been tinkering around in the sewing room.....making a St Patty's Day table runner. I was looking for a tutorial on how to finish it with just a border and no binding, but I can't seem to find anything on that.....suggestions appreciated!!!!

DH had a little project for me - he alway complains that his shoulders are cold. So the other day I came home from being with my niece and he was all excited to show me what he did - silly boy!! He cut an old undershirt in half and was wearing the top half over his regular undershirt, under his shirt. Said it was nice and snuggly - but would I please hem the bottom so it didn't keep curling up. Well - that morphed into me cutting and hemming all his old undershirts - so now, god love him, his shoulders are nice and toasty. Aren't men funny creatures!!!!

Have a great day everyone and try to stay warm!!!!

Navy Wife
February 15th, 2016, 04:08 PM
It was cold in TN this weekend. We had sleet, then snow, freezing rain and now rain. I made a quick grocery run before the snow, and then settled in for a sewing weekend.
My DDIL wanted me to make an elephant wallhanging. It's made of scraps of batiks, and so far looks amazing. I'm not usually good at anything scrappy. Got up this morning planning to finish it, and the pattern instructions and all my fusible pieces have disappeared. I still have the pattern and the fabric pieces, so I can finish it. But it still makes me mad!
DH had a good weekend, and was able to get to PT alone. I hope this is the beginning of the end of his pain.
Y'all have a good week, and prayers for those in need.

mischiefkat
February 15th, 2016, 04:16 PM
gshannon1008
What a nice surprise for you. Do you think maybe your sister was a conspirator? Enjoy your new machine. kathy

LauraP
February 15th, 2016, 06:48 PM
Got up this morning planning to finish it, and the pattern instructions and all my fusible pieces have disappeared. I still have the pattern and the fabric pieces, so I can finish it. But it still makes me mad!

My dh was laid back in his recliner taking his nap and when he woke up he glanced at the coffee table and reached down and pulled out my lost cutting mat. I promise I looked under there at least a half a dozen times. Maybe you will get that lucky with your lost instructions and pieces. Want my husband to come take a nap at your house?

Grandma Nan
February 15th, 2016, 11:38 PM
the weather isn't so bad here in our corner of the world but my daughter who lives by Ft. Drum, NY had to bring the chickens in yesterday so they wouldn't freeze. The dogs had to give up their kennel room. I'll bet the crowing was loud this morning.
Went to see my sister this weekend so didn't get to work on any big projects but did get some applique work done. And my husband who is an appliance repairman fixed two of the extended families refrig's. So not a bad weekend.
Now I have to sew four kids sleeping bags, just fleece blankets folded in half, so they can get out of my sewing area.
Oh, does anyone know where my smaller cutting mat is hiding? I swear I've looked everywhere. My husband says it is right next to his truck keys which went missing a few months back.

Hi Laura you got my attention when you said your daughter lives near Fort Drum. That is pretty close to me except I am across the border in Canada. Less than an hour from my house. We definitely were freezing up here yesterday.

Monique
February 16th, 2016, 07:34 AM
Hi Laura you got my attention when you said your daughter lives near Fort Drum. That is pretty close to me except I am across the border in Canada. Less than an hour from my house. We definitely were freezing up here yesterday.

That is usually where hubby stops to buy booze when traveling.