PDA

View Full Version : Sunday thread

Monique
November 20th, 2011, 10:50 AM
I was waiting for Blondie to start us off this morning.

I was up at about 7 this morning. Need to do the morning thing like have coffee while checking mail, facebook and then this place.

I made a bag yesterday which I posted in Show and Tell. Puttered around for the day.

I am feeling human again but there is still some stuffiness but hopefully it won't take long to clear that up.

I have chosen another pattern for the tote bag which I will make today.

Y'all have a wonderful day.

SuziC
November 20th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Me too...here i am with my coffee! Need to get back to holiday crafts today while there is time before Thanksgiving Dinner. Hope you have a Wonderful day!!!

Loonwatcher
November 20th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Good Morning Monique and others,

I was up early too. Woke around 6:30. Showered so I could be dressed by the time the sheetrock taper came at 8:00. Guess what, it's 9:00 and he's not here yet....:( At 7am I quietly called upstairs to my son to see if he wanted some french toast before he went to work (had said he was leaving around 7:30). No answer so I tip toed around. At 8:30 called up again, no answer. Checked in and he's already gone. Guess that's what woke me up at 6:30.

I'm supposed to be sewing but I don't want to head down cellar until the taper guy gets here because I might not hear him at the door. Kinda pissed that he's late. Oh well. At least the laundry is getting done.

Have a great day everyone,

DCM
November 20th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Perfect day for quilting -- chilly and raining :) 2 Christmas table toppers to work on, as well as a baby quilt. Happy quilting everyone!

Granny Judy
November 20th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Up with coffee in hand whilst I check in on you all. I recently got a huge box of upholstery & drapery fabric (show room samples) off Ebay and have been having a great time using them up... recovering my dining room chair cushions.. they were tanish, but now!!! Oh La,La... love the tapestry!! And now wanting to make some bags from the heavy Drapery material... and my list just continues to grow. So I didn't get my "other" machine put away after a round of Tapunto practise and 3 wall hangings finished.

I also have a quilt I am now quilting on my regular heavily use-all the time Machine.. Using a fancy stitch and different colored thread.. OH, MY, I love how this one is coming along with that THREAD color.

Like alot of you, I'm having a Project explosion with all these piles of fabrics cluttering up the place!! But, It's time to get Ready for Christmas and I'm workin my way thru the List.. Wall hangings, lap quilts, bags, tea towels sets, plastic bag holders and mug rugs!! It feels rather nice to "make" gifts this year instead of just doing "gift cards".

I know Thanksgiving seems to be taking a back seat here, but NOT true!! We have Turkey, duck and ham to fix.. bake up the deserts and makes the house smell so nice!!! I can just feel the pounds attaching themselves to my waist as I think about cooking.... Ah,, I am just getting so content.. (not gaining weight, just happiness)

Hugs to all....

meemeecyn
November 20th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Happy Sunday! Didn't get far enough into the posts to read yours Monique! Glad you are feeling better. Nancy...here's hoping you get to your sewing soon. It is a perfect day for it! Judy...you are sewing up a storm! great idea to exchange gifts made with love. I know what you mean about gift cards. My granddaughters are coming over in a bit so their parents can have an old fashion 'date'! We plan to make cookies, watch a horse movie and knit! (the oldest has one of those Wonder Knitters....the little one will be busy playing with a ball of yarn I'll give her!)
Blessings to all.
Cynthia

BellasQuilts
November 20th, 2011, 12:05 PM
It's raining cats and dogs here this morning. Up at 6 am with coffee in hand watching it come down. Seems weird not seeing the old tree there, but you sure can see the stars at night with it gone.

DH and SIL were supposed to go to a Turkey Shoot this am, but with the rain don't think it will happen.

So, today will be do a heavy duty cleaning of the kitchen cabinets and if I can still move after that, I will work some more on my 3 Dudes blocks and wind those up to mail them.

Monique, glad you are on the mend. Nancy, hope the taper shows up for you; I hate that when people are late. Happy Sewing Suzi and Judy. We all know Cynthia is going to have with the DGDs.

Happy Day!

bakermom
November 20th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Waiting for DH so we can leave for church. hoping to see DD and family too. nothing really going on today so i'mhoping we will go out for breakfast and I can come home and work on something. Went out to joanns yesterday for someboning-still out- so I consoled myself with some pretty flannel to back a quilt top I had sitting around. I could have waited for the big flannel sale after Thanksgiving but this pattern wasn't there last week-I always look at the flannel-and it might not be there when i get back. At least that is what i told myself! wll be a very busy week at work but the reward is two nights off this week for the holiday. YEA!!

MRoy
November 20th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Good Morning! I hope everyone is having a great day! It's rainy here today too. My plans for today had to be put on hold but not due to weather. I bent over to pet the pooch this morning and my back went out. Now I'm walking crooked because my back had tightened up so much. I have a knack for getting sick or injured as a holiday approaches.

On a better note, online Christmas shopping for the grandkids' toys is complete. YAY! They live in New York so I ship the orders directly to their mom (former DIL) to hide until the big day! Amazon.com is a great thing!

oldgurl4
November 20th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Hey Everyone!! How's it Hanging!

Arrrgg... Stuck here at WORK!.... counting the minutes till this Day is OVER!!

~Monique~ I saw your Tote Bag.... I LUV IT!!!I'll go over to your thread..and post a comment.
Glad you are healing Well...... Your nose will be back to normal by next Week.... Just in Time To Smell All those DELISHIOUS Thanksgiving Meals!!!
Seeeeee Know wasn't that all worth it! ;)

The weather in S.Florida is "Horrible" too.

Oooh!!... I found two EZ to follow QUILLOW Intructions... I made a thread about them. You gurlz (and Gents) may go check it out.

I was already loosing hope in finding something EZ and simple to make; not to mention EZ to follow.

~You all have a Blessed Sunday...stay Dry & Warm~

TTYL

toggpine
November 20th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Hi!
I got in a tiny bit more sewing yesterday. I did not get to the next stage of cutting. After I get some bread dough into the machine I will get on with that. Hopefully I can knock out the flying geese sections today. The boys are all on their own today. I am taking the day off from family needs. I wanna get some of my stuff done. I figure at 20 & 48 the other two can take care of themselves. I won't ignore the 5 year old though, since they probably will.
Nice to see you all up and at 'em today!
Hugs, Cathy

toggpine
November 20th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Blondie said she might not make on here today. She was hanging out with her Mom, and that we shouldn't panic if we don't see her until Monday. Although, she did say she might have shortbread cookies when she came back! Yum!

mianmom
November 20th, 2011, 03:26 PM
What a day so far. Went to church, trying to get more people to help with the bazzar/quilt show thats in 2 week. Boy is that happenning fast! Me and DD ate some of the leftover stew from yesterday, and DH is out hoping to get another deer. So my plans for today was to work on the placemats that I have started, but now I need to cut up a deer and get it wrapped and in the freezer. But first I need to go check on one of our neighbors.

Hope everyone has fantastic day!

KiltedQuilter
November 20th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Hey there everyone! Terrible night with the baby last night, soooo tired! No sewing today just trying to sleep when the baby does... :icon_sleep:

janluna
November 20th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Monique, So glad the operation is over with and you can get on with the healing. You are still in my prayers.
Mia, this whole year has gone by so fast!!! It seems like every time I tuen around another month has gone by. And I can't believe Christmas is only a month away.
Been off the site for awhile. I was having trouble with my computer. Good news on the Emily front. The fever finally left her on Friday. She is really tired but in good spirits.
I really missed all of you! You are all so much a part of my life and I love you all. I miss Sandy's sense of humor and Blondie's start to the day. How is Daisy and her hubby doing? I wonder how the wedding plans are going for their daughter. You are all so important to me and I felt like I was left out and lonely. LOL It's good to be back on line.
Have a great rest of the day. Hugs and love to all, Jan L

BellasQuilts
November 20th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Hey there everyone! Terrible night with the baby last night, soooo tired! No sewing today just trying to sleep when the baby does... :icon_sleep: Hugs and hope its a nice long nap for you both!

BellasQuilts
November 20th, 2011, 08:47 PM
No worries Jan. We're all still here holding your seat for you to come back with news from your world.
Hugs Megan

Monique, So glad the operation is over with and you can get on with the healing. You are still in my prayers.
Mia, this whole year has gone by so fast!!! It seems like every time I tuen around another month has gone by. And I can't believe Christmas is only a month away.
Been off the site for awhile. I was having trouble with my computer. Good news on the Emily front. The fever finally left her on Friday. She is really tired but in good spirits.
I really missed all of you! You are all so much a part of my life and I love you all. I miss Sandy's sense of humor and Blondie's start to the day. How is Daisy and her hubby doing? I wonder how the wedding plans are going for their daughter. You are all so important to me and I felt like I was left out and lonely. LOL It's good to be back on line.
Have a great rest of the day. Hugs and love to all, Jan L

janluna
November 21st, 2011, 12:36 AM
Thanks Bella, You are very sweet! Hugs, Jan L.