PDA

View Full Version : Another extremely COLD Sunday

Monique
February 14th, 2016, 08:49 AM
Yes it's another EXTREMELY cold day. Warming up tomorrow but we have to put in another day today.

Baked beans in the making, I also have to make a dessert for Bonnie to take to Victoria's Quilts on Tuesday. We signed up together to do the mid morning snack and of course now I have to work.

I finished up the quilting and the sewing the binding on a quilt I have been working on. I will take it with me tomorrow and finish sewing the binding to the back. I also worked on a table runner for our sway here. Almost done that.

I had a lovely conversation with Grandma Nan last night. We so need another retreat together.

Have a great day friends. Those of you in the deep cold, stay warm.

MayinJerset
February 14th, 2016, 11:24 AM
Still very cold here also, furnace has been running constantly. Making a big pot of minestrone soup to help warm us up for lunch and or dinner. It will go so well with the fresh baked bread DH bought yesterday afternoon when he took a very quick trip to the farm market. Market was mobbed as it was their annual orchid show with people admiring the beautiful flowers and buying lunch at their deli counter.

Cathy F
February 14th, 2016, 12:39 PM
Morning all,
Woke up to o degree weather this morning. Have the gas fireplace going in the sunroom enjoying my bagel and Sunday paper. Don't think I'll be stepping outside today.

Spent a nice day yesterday with my sister, we don't get to spend as much time together as we like so each visit is special.

Hope to get in some sewing today. I'm making good progress on my kissing coins quilt. I have 5 of the eight rows completed and I'm loving the colors. I'm so wanting to start the Prarie Flower quilt, have all the fabrics for it, but I know if I start it the kissing coins will get put on the back burner. So must finish one before I start another!

For those in frigid weather stay warm and be safe, and to all a Happy Valentine's Day!

Ginny B
February 14th, 2016, 12:43 PM
Frigid here too. Like yours May, our furnace is running constantly too and still it is only in the low 60's in a lot of the rooms. But the house in Brooklyn has frozen pipes in one of the bathrooms. Ugh! Haven't heard anymore from my boys so I am hoping as the temps go up into the teens later, they will be able to UN freeze them.

Keep warm and safe. And have a Happy Valentines Day

Bubby
February 14th, 2016, 01:04 PM
Morning. We have a little snow on top of a good layer of ice. Going out today is out of the question for us. I made a pot of Secret Soup and that will hold us until dinner. I got up early and made a batch of cinnamon rolls, so the house smelled awesome before I cooked the soup.

Wishing everyone a fantastic V'Day.

RiverMomm
February 14th, 2016, 01:14 PM
Cold, cold , cold and my car doesn't like minus 12 F when I tried to auto start. No auto starting this morning. I had to jump start it. :( And it is still a very unhappy car.

pcbatiks
February 14th, 2016, 01:26 PM
As the first southerner to post this morning I will say.........you people are making me cold just reading about your weather. :D

I think our temps will be in the 60's & 70's today. Wish we could share will all of you.

Friday & Saturday I worked helping a friend that works in a bakery/deli. I was extra help. I dipped strawberries in chocolate all day Friday & about 5 hours yesterday. Thankfully, I don't like strawberries so I wasn't tempted to try them.

Probably will be sorting books again tomorrow. The big book sale is a little over a month away now.

Hope you all have a good day and stay warm.

Cathy F
February 14th, 2016, 01:41 PM
Morning. We have a little snow on top of a good layer of ice. Going out today is out of the question for us. I made a pot of Secret Soup and that will hold us until dinner. I got up early and made a batch of cinnamon rolls, so the house smelled awesome before I cooked the soup.

Wishing everyone a fantastic V'Day.

Secret soup, that intrigues me. What is secret soup?
Inquiring minds inquired too soon! Just read your post on the recipe, this sounds good have to try it. Thanks Barb!

Monique
February 14th, 2016, 02:19 PM
Cold, cold , cold and my car doesn't like minus 12 F when I tried to auto start. No auto starting this morning. I had to jump start it. :( And it is still a very unhappy car.

Les has his Jeep plugged in, it wouldn't start either. Hopefully it will start later on. My van started no problem. YEAH is me.

judimccl
February 14th, 2016, 06:15 PM
Oh Barb, love fresh=baked cinnamon rolls. Just finished a large BBQ lunch and remarked how stuffed I was, but then read your post and sure would love some cinnamon rolls, lol. :icon_wave: