PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Night Owlin' @,@

kimsophia
February 14th, 2016, 02:24 AM
Hoot hoot! We are expecting five inches of snow here, starting after midnight. I'll be staying inside and hopefully getting my quilt top done. It is a lap quilt so not so tiring as the queen size ones I've done before. I did make a fair amount of progress today. Also I watched a lot of college basketball in between times. Whew! A lot of exciting games! :D

How are you tonight? :icon_wave:

toggpine
February 14th, 2016, 02:36 AM
Oh! I just missed your post and did one. Sorry Kim!
I hope the snow isn't too inconvenient.

kimsophia
February 14th, 2016, 02:45 AM
No problem! Usually May and I were posting simultaneously! Your title is better. I'm out of ideas. :)

stationarymom
February 14th, 2016, 03:42 AM
It's about 10 below zero right now and the wind chill is -20 I can feel the cold coming through the walls.I felt so bad for the poor dog today it was so cold I think he used all his energy just trying to stay warm.

kimsophia
February 14th, 2016, 06:02 AM
It's about 10 below zero right now and the wind chill is -20 I can feel the cold coming through the walls.I felt so bad for the poor dog today it was so cold I think he used all his energy just trying to stay warm.

The dog isn't outside, is he?

bubba
February 14th, 2016, 06:27 AM
I have never been in anything below zero. How do they know or figure out something is colder than zero????

Yoda is not liking the rain. He wanted out earlier and I opened the door for him......he was it was raining, put his nose up and went back and laid down. As soon as he heard it stop, he was ready to go out then. Yesterday when he was out, he came across a cat in the yard and now he is on the prowl for it.

I think it is the same one from last weekend. It was on the gazebo roof. I knocked at it and it came over by the window. I then went to another window I could open and told it to go. It walked over by the window meowing at me and pawing at the screen. MM finally came and asked what all the commotion was for and I told him. He went back in the bathroom and opened the window there. He yelled at the cat and it purred at him He tossed an empty toilet paper roll at it. The cat now had a toy. He threw a glass of water at it. Cat was thirsty and drank it! We left and went grocery shopping. It was gone when we got home and I have not seen it since.

kimsophia
February 14th, 2016, 06:39 AM
It's the numbers at the bottom....

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/classic-thermometer-10466137.jpg

judimccl
February 14th, 2016, 06:04 PM
Can't even imagine temps like that. It was 67 when I woke up this morning here in S FL, and yes, I admit it, I turned the heat on! Then my son and GD came for a visit and we had BBQ for lunch - what a nice break in my day. When they just left Tiff ( 3 years old) was telling my son that she wanted to go to the beach, lol. Wonder how he is going to get out of that one, lol. Joan, you stay in and warm, and keep that poor dog warm too! :icon_wave:

stationarymom
February 15th, 2016, 03:41 AM
No I was talking about his trips out to do his business.