PDA

View Full Version : Frostbit Night Owl

kimsophia
February 13th, 2016, 02:19 AM
Brrrrrr! It is too cold to hoot! I hope the rest of you are keeping warm. I think our wind chill is going to be twenty below. It is 9 degrees for the actual air temperature and getting below zero overnight.

I did not get enough sleep today but I woke up in the afternoon with an idea on how to move around my quilt blocks and solve a problem with one section. So, I had to get up and try it. It works! I'm too tired to do much sewing today but I did a little sashing addition and removal on the areas I changed.

Hoot your news! @,@

Cokie
February 13th, 2016, 02:27 AM
Very cold here too - I stopped at the grocery store on the way home so I can stay in this weekend where it's warm! Been working on cleaning off my sewing table (aka the dining room table) so I can maybe sew a little this weekend. Now to figure out which UFO to start on, or do I start something new? :icon_bigsmile:

baskets4deb
February 13th, 2016, 02:41 AM
Here in the inland northwest we are above normal with highs in the low 50s. We had our cols and snow in Dec and Jan and I'm sure there is more to come. All those in the east, stay warm!

carolynrae
February 13th, 2016, 02:52 AM
Hoot...here in southern California it is abnormally hot. It has been in the 80's, way to hot for this time of year and everyone is concerned about the heat, the drought and fires. We need more rain but there is none in sight.

I am still working on my skateboard quilt. but it is going very slow.

stationarymom
February 13th, 2016, 02:52 AM
Hoot It's freezing here right now my nest has frost on it.It is supposed to be about 20 below with the wind chill tomorrow and 30 below on Sunday.I don't plan on going out except to run to the grocery store tomorrow so I can get a pot roast to cook low and slow in the oven on Sunday.I hope everyone has a good weekend.

MayinJerset
February 13th, 2016, 03:25 AM
A quick Icy Hoot to you all and then I'm headed into my warm tree hole nest. We're expected to be a bit warmer than some of you, only 18 below is forecasted! On the East coast staying homebound is the thing to do this weekend and I'm glad we can as we have no appointments or activities planned.

Cowgirl quilter
February 13th, 2016, 03:38 AM
Here in snow country (Eastern Oregon mountains) it is raining. Our driveway is a mixture of slush, ice, and water that is difficult to drive through. Strange weather everywhere.

Judy, USMC
February 13th, 2016, 04:26 AM
The high on Sunday will be below freezing - not too unusual but still a nippy cold because of the winds.

Still being productive but am kangaroo sewing and just jumping from one project to another. Sewing here, cutting there, working on building project kits for some other patterns I want to try. Steve is taking me out tonight for a relaxed V-day dinner. Gave up going to dinner on the very busy special night years ago! Stay warm OR cool - whichever you prefer.

bhaggerty
February 13th, 2016, 06:43 AM
DH & oldest son off to a fishing tournament. They just left. Have to get up with them for good luck you know!! So now I am hooting in your tree!! It is mid 50's now and should warm up to the mid 60's-70
Which is normal for here this time of year. Hope you get some rain in CA, but really hope the rest of you all stay warm this weekend! Brrrrr!
Judy, I love to kangaroo (or bunny) sew! I guess that is why I have so many UFO's!
Really hope to get a little something done today! However, I have a TON of housework piling up that must take priority!

KarenC
February 13th, 2016, 06:44 AM
Here in Houston we're in the 60s today, so no complaints. Starting the day off with a 4 mile walk. Must take machine to the spa today as she needs some tuning. Hopefully, that's all. Then major house cleaning and decluttering. Have a shower hosted here next weekend to get ready for. Hope everyone else stays warm and enjoy your quilting time.

judimccl
February 13th, 2016, 06:38 PM
Oh my - can't even imagine 20 below!!!!!!!!!!! Don't you love when you dream something about your quilting, wake up and try it, and it works! I did that one time with some FMQ I had been trying to figure out, and when I woke up and tried it it worked, lol. Stay warm! :icon_wave:

judimccl
February 13th, 2016, 06:42 PM
Oh Joan, make sure you keep warm and toasty. Living here in S FL I can't even imagine those temps. I have the heat on when it gets into the 60s, lol. Yup, that pot roast sure sounds good for a cold day. Stay warm, and stay inside! :icon_wave:

kimsophia
February 13th, 2016, 06:51 PM
Ha judimccl, well I can tell you what twenty below feels like: pain. Pain like a burn. My thumbs were so cold from holding the steering wheel that I held them up against the hot air vents in the car to thaw, but they were not able to put out enough heat to warm them.

kimsophia
February 13th, 2016, 06:53 PM
Oh yeah, I also stabbed my left thumb hard twice today with pins and it bled a little on one of my blocks so I had to wash those in cold running water and dish soap, but the blood came out. Yay.