PDA

View Full Version : Uptight Night Owl

toggpine
February 12th, 2016, 03:42 AM
I have many things to get done and not a.lot.of time. I knew this was coming, but somehow I lost about a week's worth of productivity.

The in-laws arrive in 2 days, if I am lucky. I still have a couple of things to sew up for Em's birthday, some cleaning to do, and packing to finish. Argh!

Back to it! I hope all is well in your tree!
Hugs, Cathy

stationarymom
February 12th, 2016, 03:50 AM
Hoot hoot this is one cold owl tonight.Cathy I'm sorry your feeling stressed.I know what it feels like when you just feel like you'll never be done but you also feel the need to be done.(Hang in there.)Things here are quiet it's windy and cold the temps are dropping below zero and the windchills are supposed to be -30 by Sunday ouch.I just watched the new tutorial and I think I like it ,but I really like the look of the sashed braid much more.

kimsophia
February 12th, 2016, 03:52 AM
All's well here. I am continuing to make progress on the quilt top. I was just finishing up ironing some seams and am going to call it quits for the night. My machine was making a weird rattle in the bobbin area so I cleaned out some lint and it sounds fine now. Whew!

Neller
February 12th, 2016, 04:08 AM
Hi all! Things are good in the Inland Empire, just a little rain tonight. Cathy I am sorry you are stressed with in-laws arriving, and Joan, I am sorry it is so stinking cold where you are. I continued to work on my Square in a Square quilt today, but I am getting a little bored with this part of it. I am sewing rows together with sashing and I need to be careful to match things up. Finally I put it aside and cut up a layer cake to make a double sash quilt for my great nephew. There isn't as much variation in the fabrics as I thought there would be but I still think he will like it.

I hope every one has a good night and great day tomorrow!

kimsophia
February 12th, 2016, 06:23 AM
I couldn't find anything on TV so I went to Netflix and wound up watching "About A Boy" again. I didn't remember how serious it was. I thought it was a comedy...maybe it's a dramatic comedy? I still like "High Fidelity" better but perhaps that is because Jack Black is in that. I once knew a guy like Jack Black. What fun.

MayinJerset
February 12th, 2016, 06:42 AM
4:30 am and chilly out here so I think I'll stay snuggled in my tree hole and have a hot drink, some Godiva hot chocolate might be just the thing to warm me up. I'll savor its richness as it's the last packet of the Christmas gift from a dear friend who I was just thinking about since she just turned 65. Ah, to be that young again, LOL!

We're supposed to be in for a freezing cold snowy weekend but DH will be fine as he picked up a stack of books from the library and I always have some sewing/quilting to do. Might even sort through my stash for fabrics to make some tops for my guild's charity quilt group as their big pile of quilts have all been given away.

Cathy, Hope all the really necessary stuff gets done before the in-laws arrive so you can enjoy their visit. You said you need to pack, do you all go on vacation together?

Carol336
February 12th, 2016, 06:50 AM
Hoot Hoot....been up for about an hour....I fell asleep early last night so I guess it was inevitable that I'd be up at 3:30 this am. I hope by now all you other owls are sawing logs in your trees....although it looks like Kim is awake with me.

Had a major emergency yesterday. Putting a new needle in my machine and yep you guessed it - it fell right down into the machine. Now I have to tell you - in all my years of sewing that has never happened....I let out a yell and Good ole DH to the rescue - he took the bottom of the machine off and there it was....from now on I will definitely have a piece of material covering those feed dogs whenever I change a needle. The good thing is that while he had it apart I ran for the vac and did a little dusting.

No sewing for me today. My dear niece is having surgery for breast cancer this morning. My sisters and I will be going to the hospital to try to fill the void she's feeling since her Mom, my dear sister, resides with the angels now. If there's ever a time a girl needs her Mom this is surely it, poor kid, my heart just breaks for her. If any of you are praying people, I would be grateful if you could please say one for Kym today.

judimccl
February 12th, 2016, 02:13 PM
Hi Joan. I can't even imagine temps of -30!!!!! Heck, down here in South Florida I have the heat on when it gets into the 50s and 60s, lol. Stay warm, and sounds to me like some quilting is in order to help with that. :icon_wave:

judimccl
February 12th, 2016, 02:18 PM
Hi Carol. Have to remember about putting something over those feed dogs when I change a needle for sure. These hands aren't as steady as they used to be, and it seems like the space is so small to work in! Will be saying prayers for Kym today, and for the medical team treating her. Also asking God to wrap his arms around the family and give you all some comfort as you try to support her.

Claire Hallman
February 12th, 2016, 02:26 PM
My machine has a plastic doohicky that holds the needle to insert in the machine. It has a hole that is shaped like the needle, round in front with a flat back so the needle goes in correctly. You could make one yourself with a piece of cardboard or an index card. It makes it so handy to hold the needle without really having your hand on the needle itself.

Neller
February 12th, 2016, 02:50 PM
Hoot Hoot....been up for about an hour....I fell asleep early last night so I guess it was inevitable that I'd be up at 3:30 this am. I hope by now all you other owls are sawing logs in your trees....although it looks like Kim is awake with me.

Had a major emergency yesterday. Putting a new needle in my machine and yep you guessed it - it fell right down into the machine. Now I have to tell you - in all my years of sewing that has never happened....I let out a yell and Good ole DH to the rescue - he took the bottom of the machine off and there it was....from now on I will definitely have a piece of material covering those feed dogs whenever I change a needle. The good thing is that while he had it apart I ran for the vac and did a little dusting.

No sewing for me today. My dear niece is having surgery for breast cancer this morning. My sisters and I will be going to the hospital to try to fill the void she's feeling since her Mom, my dear sister, resides with the angels now. If there's ever a time a girl needs her Mom this is surely it, poor kid, my heart just breaks for her. If any of you are praying people, I would be grateful if you could please say one for Kym today.

Prayers for Kym. Prayers too, Carol for you and your sisters. This must be so scary for everyone. God bless.

stationarymom
February 13th, 2016, 03:44 AM
Prayers will be said for a quick recovery and the best results for her.I hope everything went well with her surgery.

KarenC
February 13th, 2016, 06:53 AM
Prayers for Kym, the doctors, and all family members. May God guide the hands of the medical team and provide protection and positive results.