PDA

View Full Version : Commenting on a Blog

Cowgirl quilter
February 11th, 2016, 02:39 PM
Ok, there are no stupid questions, right? I would love to participate in the Craftsy blog hop, but I don't have a blog. I have never figured out how to leave a comment on a blog. I don't know what to put in the boxes at the bottom (Google, Wordpress, URL, etc) Somebody enlighten me, what does it all mean?

pcbatiks
February 11th, 2016, 05:56 PM
I don't know the answer either. Hoping someone does. I've noticed a lot of blogs have that.

bubba
February 11th, 2016, 06:37 PM
I have no clue either. I avoid blogs because I've gotten more than one ugly virus from them and the last one was absolutely awful! Thank goodness my husband is a computer guru or I'd have had to buy a new computer, it was that bad!

Midge
February 11th, 2016, 07:04 PM
I don't have a blog. So when I want to comment on one of the blogs I read I sign in using my google account. If you don't have a google account, get one for free. You can select a user name rather than use your full name if anonymity is your thing. I know a lot of people use facebook for their sign in, but I have not been a facebook user at all until recently for a group I joined. But I imagine it works the same way and just populates the name box with your name on your facebook account. That's all there is to it.

Cowgirl quilter
February 12th, 2016, 01:10 PM
Nothing has ever been important enough to get me on Facebook. My DD and one DIL are on it constantly and it drives me nuts. I sign into Wordpress when I do anything on Block Lotto but haven't figured out if I can use that ID somehow. I am not very computer savvy.