PDA

View Full Version : Maybe back to quilting soon!

HandsomeRyan
February 11th, 2016, 11:27 AM
My wife and I are under contract on a house which has a massive bonus room which will be set up as a guest bedroom/sewing room. I am so excited. Between having very little free time and no space for sewing in our little apartment I haven't done much but embroidery lately. Once I get back to a dedicated space where I can work on projects I think I can get some things done finally.

House is 3br 2bath and because it was the model home in this neighborhood it has some nice upgrades. We are 5 miles closer to work and the neighborhood has sidewalks throughout as well as a neighborhood playground for the kids.

We have a million things on our "to-buy list" once we move (lawn mower, fence for backyard , etc) but I'm going to try to squeeze a Janome 712T sewing machine somewhere into the budget because I will finally have enough room for my great grandmothers treadle cabinet. :)

Exciting times.

ceiliam
February 11th, 2016, 11:31 AM
Good for you will be fun to have a house for you and your wonderful family. Imagine you are supper excited. So fun to have a sewing room.

GrammaBabs
February 11th, 2016, 11:39 AM
So happy for you and your family... Exciting times is right... Enjoy... Good Luck!!

MayinJerset
February 11th, 2016, 11:45 AM
House sounds ideal for you and your family, hope all goes well with the contract so you are able to quilt again..
Did you bring your chickens with you when you moved?

Hulamoon
February 11th, 2016, 12:22 PM
That's really exciting news! It will be nice to have that room and a yard. It reminded me of my dad. I went with him on the weekends to tour model homes . Funny hobby. lol

HandsomeRyan
February 11th, 2016, 12:32 PM
Did you bring your chickens with you when you moved?

We did not. We live in a second floor apartment where chickens would be terribly inconvenient in addition to being prohibited. They went to live on a different farm in MD before we moved last spring.

I would love to get some more chickens but I suspect the county, city, and HOA are all opposed to this. If chickens are out, I might do quail again as they are easier to do quietly without arousing suspicion from the neighbors.

I'll have a farm eventually but School Zones > Farming right now. :)

Snip Snip
February 11th, 2016, 01:07 PM
So happy you found a great home in the Nashville area. My brother and his family, and my sis and her DH all live down there, and love it. Lots of exciting stuff for young couples.
Don't count your chickens (out) before you check with the zoning laws. Lots of neighborhoods are allowing hens now, just no roos. So maybe you can get those fresh eggs again.

Hulamoon
February 11th, 2016, 01:40 PM
ahhh Roosters, such a lovely sound at four in the morning.

laura44
February 11th, 2016, 02:39 PM
So happy for you and your family! Speaking of-- you do know every time you
post you have to include pictures of cutie pie # 1 and cutie pie #2 ?

Midge
February 11th, 2016, 02:47 PM
Hope all works out for you if this house is the excellent choice that it sounds like. Room for everyone and hobby space will seem like such a luxury! Good luck and let us know how it all works out.

Simply Quilting
February 11th, 2016, 02:58 PM
So happy for you. It will be great for you to have a sewing room again. Plus lots of room for the kiddos to roam.

rebeccas-sewing
February 11th, 2016, 03:01 PM
I'm so happy for you, Ryan! It's always so exciting to move into a new home. Good luck with the purchase.

Sandy Navas
February 11th, 2016, 06:21 PM
Let's hear it for the Coopers!!!

songbird857
February 11th, 2016, 06:27 PM
I'm so excited for you and your family, Ryan. Have fun setting up your new home...and your sewing space!!

Kgrammiecaz
February 11th, 2016, 07:02 PM
Sounds super exciting. Be sure to share some pics of your new space.

Dollyquilts
February 11th, 2016, 07:48 PM
Sounds like a fantastic place to raise your young family. Congratulations!!!

JCY
February 11th, 2016, 11:13 PM
Yeah! More space -- your very own house -- and a dedicated sewing room! So happy for you & the whole family. Hope you can squeeze that new DSM into the budget.

bhaggerty
February 12th, 2016, 02:58 AM
Hope all works out for you guys!!!

stationarymom
February 12th, 2016, 03:26 AM
Congrats on the house! I hope you find the room in your budget for your machine also then you would be a real happy quilter.

Monique
February 12th, 2016, 08:37 AM
Wonderful news. Congratulations.

easyquilts
February 12th, 2016, 08:58 AM
What exciting news! I'm so happy for you and your family.., the house, and the neighborhood, sound wonderful. Yay!