PDA

View Full Version : So, it's Thursday

Blondie
February 11th, 2016, 08:17 AM

Hello Folksies,

Here I am, dragging my wagon behind me, late again. Sigh. I slept hard last night. Which is a good thing(for me!)

Yesterday I spent the majority of the day with DD. We baked some bread, did some stitching ( she on cross stitch and me on a COC) and watched a movie on Netflix. I can heartily recommend it. It's The Lost Honour of Christopher Jefferies. It was based upon a true story. Our dear friends in the UK are probably very familiar with the story. I had a loose remembrance of reading about this - the movie was a treat - acting was tremendous. The actor portraying Mr. Jefferies was outstanding. I got home later than usual. Poor Gracie was doing her "where have you been, I need to potty dance". Dinner was also late, sort of. Quick dinner of sloppy joes was all I could muster.

The other event of the day was shortly after I got home, the doorbell rang and it was my mail lady. She delivered me a box filled with a quilt made from pure love from my COC sisters here on the forum. You each know who you are and I will send my thanks when I have the time and can sit longer and compose myself. There was also a special pillow and lovely card. Many of you know that this year has been full of draining emotions for me. I think my friends knew I needed some comfort as well. It worked, ladies! I sat, wrapped up in my COC and could feel the warmth that only quilting friendship feels like. My heart overflowed out of my eyes. Thank you. I will get hubs to take a picture today. For anyone reading this that is not involved with the COC, please look in the groups section for Comfort Quilts. We are not the chattiest of groups - that is because we are all busy making sure we can get some comfort made and sent out. They go to not only group members, but, have been sent all over the globe, sending a message of encouragement, prayers and love to those who need a quilty hug. Trust me, it is a treat to receive and quite humbling to think that someone has thought enough of you to make a quilt.

Okay, folksies, I have got to start shaking this tailfeather and get ready for work. Brrrr. It is 11 degrees outside my door. Beau the poodle stayed with us last evening since Josh had to be at work at 3 a.m. - he is sitting in my lap at the moment and will be in the salon with me all morning long. He's a nice fuzzy, furry ball of sweetness and warmth. Have a stellar day, full of good thoughts, remembering that even on a bad day good things are all around you. Smile!

Monique
February 11th, 2016, 08:35 AM
Good morning Blondie. You more than deserved to receive a COC quilt yourself. You do so much for all of us here. Love you with all my heart.

I took a bunch of projects with me to work yesterday. I could not quilt, I forgot the stencil, I could not sew, machine is not working right won't even go in reverse. I did a little embroidery on a row by row for my brother, and I made a bunch of stilettos to take with me to retreat. THAT'S IT!!

Today I will bring the stencil, perhaps another machine and continue crafting. Maybe some crochet in case I run out of stuff to make.

Have a great day everyone.

Patsquilting
February 11th, 2016, 08:53 AM
Good Morning: what a beautiful group. I know you have to "feel loved" when you received it.

Yesterday was a strange "feeling" type of day. Started OK, but then went down hill. If I was younger - I would swear it was my hormones kicking in. Yesterday is done and gone - and today WILL be a better day. Only bad part of this Thursday, is that it is weigh in day - every Thursday UGH. Since retirement, have not been able to get in the walking I used to do while working. Really need to find another outlet.

OK, snowing again - hopefully will be like yesterday - a dusting only! It will be a day of finishing stuff - THEN new stuff can be started - love to start a new quilt project.

Have a terrific day everyone.

Iris Girl
February 11th, 2016, 09:03 AM
Morning all, Blondie if anyone is deserving of a COC quilt it is you. You do so much for so many. So happy you liked it and it was a total surprise for you! Enjoy You are loved!

Ginny B
February 11th, 2016, 09:22 AM
Good Morning all. Blondie, so happy you have a coc to wrap yourself up in.

Haven't gotten much of anything accomplished in the sewing department this week. I have these plans in my head everyday and then they don't happen. Just been tired at night after work this week and have no oomph left in me after dinner. Looking forward to spending a lot of time indoors this weekend since it is going to be pretty frigid out there. DH and I will go out to dinner for Valentine's Day tomorrow evening and then on Sunday, I'll make a special breakfast and he is going to make dinner. We will be spending the day at home, nice and cozy and enjoying time together.

Time to get this day moving along. Have a good one everyone.

MayinJerset
February 11th, 2016, 09:30 AM
Morning all, Blondie if anyone is deserving of a COC quilt it is you. You do so much for so many. So happy you liked it and it was a total surprise for you! Enjoy You are loved!

Blondie, Iris said it all, We Love You!

What to do today? So many 'little" things around the house need attention. Think I'll start in this room to get rid of the clutter, water the plants and move on to the next room and eventually end up in the dining room where the quilt I'm making is spread out on the table just waiting for me to finish it. Also need to check the pantry as a few items I wanted this week weren't available. DH has been putting some of the groceries away and he has his own organization system. Anything he doesn't know where to put he puts on the top shelf which I can't reach without a ladder. Wonder what goodies are hiding up there? Maybe the box of Stove Top stuffing I bought the other day and planned to use for last night's dinner.

Bad weather expected for the weekend so if we do go out to dinner it will be very local and rest of the weekend we'll be like Ginny and her DH, nice and cozy indoors.

URIBARRI-MAYOR
February 11th, 2016, 09:51 AM
Good morning but rain around here, Blondie glad that received a wonderful of her friends on the forum gift, I think he deserves it because his good humor we are happy morning, Im so far it is very difficult to participate in that group but I think its wonderful to give a little love to those in need, I did yesterday some padding because I have four quilt baby gift next month and my quilt is had, also I have finished my UFO January with little late but finally over, so today after a while in the forum, prepare my food today will be potage of beans and cabbage with pieces of sausage and pork chop is a rather filling dish but eventually which makes is very drinkable, and then in the afternoon I will continue with my padding, and I have wanted to finish these quilts and start with something new, well hoping you all have a nice day, greetings

Mpyles
February 11th, 2016, 09:53 AM
Good morning all! Thought I would check in! Blondie you so deserve a coc quilt! Your sunshine spreads so far and wide.

I have been on vacation this week...wonderful feeling! I have gotten so much accomplished. I am working on the little house on the prairie mystery quilt...trying to get caught up. I also have a shop sample I picked up yesterday that I need to start on. It's a cute one from Allison. Glass. Gotten stuff around the house done...my dresser drawers cleaned out. A closet organized..bathroom deep cleaned. Just lots and lots..

Dh is doing well he has lost right at 190lbs. I have lost 13.2since I decided I was picking up what he lost. We have both been walking and riding exercise bikes to help us. Kids are doing fine...still in school ... Can't wait til those bills are done! All in all things are well down here in my my little neck of the woods.

Hope all is well with all of you! I miss my time here and hope to check in more often! Everyone have a blessed day!

Bubby
February 11th, 2016, 09:53 AM
Morning Everyone,

Blondie, no one deserves to be wrapped in a COC more than yourself. There's nothing like it. We are being woven into each others' lives with ups and downs, laughter and tears, but always LOVE. Enjoy your special quilt.

It was 9 degrees when Jeff left for work a few minutes ago. The propane truck came by yesterday and filled our tank and this should hold us through the rest of the winter.

I have loads of laundry and housework to do today. Jeff will be home the next four days on a long weekend. I need to get prepared with lots of food. I want to make his Valentine's Day treat today so I can hide them (peanut clusters) until V'Day.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Thursday with hugs.....

irishrn
February 11th, 2016, 10:20 AM
Morning all. Quick hello.

Blondie, I was so happy to read your post and it gave me a giant smile! With all the sunshine you bring to others, it was wonderful to read you had been gifted a COC quilt. I know the feeling of love it brings to receive one and the circle of love and friendship it brings daily as you enjoy the hug it gives for all here! You are loved by many for all you do, and I, for one, am so glad to have experienced the joy you share! Awesome!!!!

songbird857
February 11th, 2016, 10:23 AM
Good Morning!
Blondie - it made my heart feel good to know that you got your very own COC quilt... yes, my friend - we'd all wrap you up in a big bear hug if we could!
Hugs to those who need them today :)

I've not been on a whole lot in the morning - schedule has been up and down, backwards and sideways these days. FIL's sleeping habits are way off - night is day, day is night. Nephrologist started him on ProCrit to get his red blood cel count up. We're going to get him a 24 hour clock for his room and see if that helps some (he looks at the clock and sees 12:00 - thinks it's lunchtime when it is midnight). We may need to get a fridge lock as well - he drank my half and half, thinking it was milk... he goes through the fridge at all hours of the night because he thinks it's time to eat and no one has made him food. I've started leaving him something small when I go to bed, with a card with his name on it, particularly on days where he hasn't had 3 good meals because of sleeping so much.

I did do something for me this week... I joined the gym - I'm actually one of those crazies who enjoys working out! My DD has an 8a.m. class, and FIL has been sleeping in the a.m., so after I drop DD off, I run to the gym for an hour, then home by 9:30. We've installed a key lock inside the front door, so FIL can't go wandering while I'm out (he can get into the back yard though ;)).
My smart little puppy had figured out that if FIL opens the front door, and mama's not in the room, that it is a good time for a nice romp in the front yard ;) (she won't go out the door if I'm there - smart smart smart) I live on a semi busy street, so this was not a good thing! We've also had some armed house break ins in our area - a woman will knock at the door and when the homeowner opens the door, 3 men come into the house and rob it - yikes! FIL will open the door for anyone - so this is an extra safety measure for all of us.
I have been sewing though - just need to add borders to Phoebe's Flower Box - got a few wallets and bags I'm working on, plus a few other projects in mind. Etsy shop is on hold for the time being. I was sweating it, and just had to realize that it'll come - I'm not in a rush.
Hoo boy am I wordy today!! Ok, I hope everyone has a fantastic Thursday :)

kensington
February 11th, 2016, 10:53 AM
Burrrrr it's cold here. Thursday... means Friday is on the way! I woke up after a few hours sleep and I couldn't get back to sleep. So, I have been sewing and having my cup of coffee. Not sure what is going to happen around here today. Hubs left earlier and now what? Get showered, make breakfast, sew more... the possibilities are endless. Turn on the news, and hear the latest depressing election nonsense. I believe I will get a package from M* in the mail today. Make me happy fabric!

I think I will cook today... it's cold. Something in the crock pot is in order. Yep... I think I will cook today.

Everyone hang in there! Happy Thursday!

Sandy Navas
February 11th, 2016, 11:04 AM

That's about all I have to say about that!!

ceiliam
February 11th, 2016, 11:27 AM
Morning all. Glad for you Blondie you really deserve a COC quilt. You are so cared about so thank you to whom ever sent it to you.
Songbird, its tough what you are going thru, however you will be blessed for it. Wish could help you.
As usual up again at 1:30 am, this is getting old, however I have learned to go with it and do something. Then I will finally will get tired about 6:00. At least if I can't sleep something is getting accomplished.
Hope and have a great day. Hugs and prays to all those in need of them. Cecelia

kensington
February 11th, 2016, 11:36 AM

That's about all I have to say about that!!

The hubs uses these all the time. In the Navy he had to always be standing watch at night and grabbing sleep during the day and he relied on them to help him sleep. After he got out, relies on them when I have the lamp or TV on at night. He has to have pitch dark to sleep. LOL.

There are probably four pair under our bed I need to dig out. I made his last pair. LOL.

GrammaBabs
February 11th, 2016, 11:52 AM
Blondee:)))

We all know, "What goes around, comes around".... Love You Muchly dear friend:))

Claire Hallman
February 11th, 2016, 12:46 PM
Blondie, I am glad you got the comfort you so often give to others.
Wow, 190 pounds is as much as a human, good for him and good for you to lose 13, I would be very happy with that.
I really feel for those of you dealing with dementia, it is such a sad thing to have people loose themselves. There is a star in your crown in heaven as my Grandmother would say.

I just found out my zumba teacher is having a baby, they are not going to find out the sex until birth so I need to figure out a baby quilt that is gender neutral. I would love to use some of the children's fabric that I already have but not sure about which one. I will try to take a picture and ask for advice later today or manana [that means later on, not necessarily tomorrow:icon_hi:]

auntiemern
February 11th, 2016, 02:40 PM
I must say I was thrilled to pieces when I heard the news of you getting your COC quilt. GF, if anyone deserves their very own, wrap me up in love, and hugs quilt, it is you. Just wish I could have been a fly on the wall when you opened the box. It was certainly made with love and prayers. Can't wait to see the pics of you all wrapped up in it.