PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday here I come

Blondie
February 9th, 2016, 07:48 AM

Hello Folksies!

Most of you know I get up around 4 a.m. to get my day started. By the time I get to sit down at the computer, I have already started my day - you would think I would be bright eyed and bushy tailed. I am not a squirrel, although I do have the attention span of one . . . I need a few cups of coffee before I can actually form words and speak. So, when the phone rings at 5 a.m. I go into high drive. You know how many thoughts you can think in a few seconds? Yeah, that many and more. Thankfully, it was no emergency, no upsetting news, nothing like that. Just a cousin who is an early riser as well wanting to spend some time with me today. You know when you are really close kin, you don't need an invite or permission to just drop over. And when you are really close kin, you can say a few phrases you would normally not say if you were really awake and caffeinated. Good thing she likes to laugh at me as much as I do. If you are reading this anonymously, Annie, you are forgiven. You owe me a cuppa.

So, now that my adrenaline has stopped flowing so freely and the big man is off to work, I am planning on working on some tie quilting. I made a crazy quilt for a lady at church with her husband's ties. It is too much for my hands to quilt, too many needles have been broken on the ties, so I am just tying it. I also need to really really really clean out the fridge. It is a total mess.

Not much else shaking here, so everyone enjoy their day, be productive - even if that means in your mind. Blessings, warm hugs and loads of smiles to each one. Special prayers for those are in need.

Monique
February 9th, 2016, 08:09 AM
Good morning Blondie. I really hate those early morning phone calls as well. Glad yours was 'nothing' to worry about.

20 years ago today, I had a life changing car accident. I did have an angel riding with me that day. My how time flies. I could still describe it to you as if it happened yesterday. My right knee got badly hurt, in the joint no less, had multiple surgeries, it won't bend like the other one, that kind of thing. BUT I am alive and it's only a leg.

I did just about NOTHING yesterday. Yep, a day just about wasted doing nothing. I did a load of laundry and some dishes and that is about it.

I work today and then immediately afterwards I have a dentist appointment. And then when I get home I need to prepare for the next few days, at least, the 'stuff' I am going to take to work with me. I did another border row of quilting on my quilt. Two more to go and then all fini done.

Have a great day friends.

Ginny B
February 9th, 2016, 08:42 AM
Good morning everyone. Early morning/late night phone calls always make my heart race. Glad it was a fun phone call Blondie.

I was like you yesterday, Monique. Didn't get anything accomplished here at home before or after work. Today I seem to have more ambition. I've already gotten one load of laundry done and now I'm going to pay some bills, get some potatoes ready for tonight's dinner, pay some bills and then off to work I go. Hopefully I'll still have some of this ambition left this evening when I get home.

Have a great day everyone.

URIBARRI-MAYOR
February 9th, 2016, 08:50 AM
Hi all, Blondie see you get up early, because I am a night owl and almost 3 when I go to bed, itīs something that I stay in when I was a restaurant and I closed the establishment,there are customs that remain to always, anyway I get up around 9 and have a great day to do many things, yesterday I went to the doctor because I had the flu days of fever and quite cough, although it is only throat because I have chronic pharyngitis, but I feel better and wanting to do a lot of sewing these days have not, hoping that all is well and that the storms pass away.Greetings

Bubby
February 9th, 2016, 09:00 AM
Morning Everyone,

I have the computer in bed with me, where I plan to stay all day. Not feeling well today after having a rough night. Jeff offered to stay home but I don't think that's necessary. Dottie won't leave my side.

Wishing everyone a great Tuesday. Hugs.....

Carol336
February 9th, 2016, 09:02 AM
Good morning Blondie, Monique and all who follow. I had to clean the coffee off my computer screen when I read the little blurb about the socks sliding down in my shoes......such a nasty feeling ....and I thought I was the only one that it bothered. I also cringe when I see the ladies wearing high heels without some sort of hose.....it's such an icky feeling when your tootsies are sticking to your shoe bottoms......eeewwwww!!!!!

Your yesterday sounds a little like mine Monique.....all I did was putzy around. I did try to make one of those little stretchy bands that go around the top of a basket. I had a very faded one on my longaberger tissue basket so thought I'd take it apart and re-create a beautiful new one......it didn't happen quite that way though. I do have a new one, and probably no one will notice the flaws, but it ain't all that beautiful - LOL......I searched for a pattern and some instructions on getting that elastic centered on the little strip, but couldn't find anything on the net. Evidently it's an out of date item.....much the same as I am - LOL.

We're having more of the white stuff today - but only 1-3" expected.....so I can deal!! But it's Shrove Tuesday and the mens' group at our church are cooking the pancake dinner. So right now there are 4 large cases of link sausage sitting in my fridge waiting for DH to cook up. I guess they'll wait until and see how much snow we actually before making any kind of decision on having it or not. It's funny - we actually had to cancel last year because of snow......hoping not to see a repeat of that this year.

I'm looking for some prayers for my dear niece Kym. She has been diagnosed with a very agressive form of breast cancer and will be undergoing surgery this Friday morning. Her Mom, my dear sister, passed 2 years ago and this poor lass really needs her Mom right now. I along with my other 3 sisters will be going up to the hopsital on Friday to be with her and hopefully bring her some comfort. It won't be the same as having her Mom with her, but hopefully it'll help a little. I've been walking around crying for days now.....just thinking of Kymmie and my dear sister.....I know my Nannie would want to be here with her baby girl now.....it's just all so sad.

Patsquilting
February 9th, 2016, 09:29 AM
Good Morning, All:

Carol - prayers go with you and your family. Such a wicked disease. It never gets easier when you hear of someone else being diagnosed. All ages - it is not picky. Blondie - sorry to hear about your uncle. It sounds like you had a great relationship with him. Those are special. Sounds like this winter is starting to get the better of people. Just get better everyone.

More snow due here also. Got around 7 inches yesterday - but at least it was the light and fluffy kind. Stayed in and sewed most of the day. Except for the border, got the top done for the quilts of valor. Will pick up the fabric they want to use today. Will also be going to by LQS and sew with the other retired ladies. I am SOOOO loving being retired. Except for not getting in the walking and exercise I used to get in while working, it's great. Have 6 more squares to slice for the disappearing hourglass. Then I get to put all the blocks together. I do NOT enjoying this - having more problems with consistency. Just will be so glad when it is done.

Coffee fix done - and feel like I will make it now. Have a terrific Tuesday all.

MayinJerset
February 9th, 2016, 09:39 AM
Good Morning, Haven't had my coffee yet so watch out!

See we have some gals under the weather so Bubby and Uribarrie mayor rest and take it easy today. Wish I could stay in bed and rest today but I have an appointment at 10. Finally there is enough daylight so I can look out the window to see what happened overnight - cars are frosted over but driveway and road are clear so off we go in a few hours.

Carol, Prayers going out for your niece Kym.

pcbatiks
February 9th, 2016, 10:58 AM
Good morning.

Yes.....thanks for the laugh Blondie. I agree with Carol. Socks sliding down in your shoes is an icky feeling.....I thought it was just me. :D

Barb, hope you feel better quickly. Stay warm today and rest.

Carol, sending prayers for your niece.

SewnByBee
February 9th, 2016, 11:48 AM
It's SNOWING........
I'm READY for Spring!!!

Hi and good morning to you all.
Today will be a couch and hot coffee kinda day......it's so cold, sure not getting out in it. I'll keep Scooter company and cuddle with him and catch up on the goings on here on the forum for a bit. I've been missing out lately.

Hope you get to feeling better Barb (Bubby).

This crazy weather gets me. I woke up with a headake yesterday, and could not shake it all day. Just before the weather changes.I do believe I am a walking humidity barometer. I always feel bad just before something comes are way , geees.

Sunday evening we went out for super with all our kids, it was so grate to have them all there together, I think we need to plan on super together at least once a month or more.We talk all the time but there's nothing like being together.

Take care all avnd have a blessed day.

.......Bee

ceiliam
February 9th, 2016, 11:53 AM
Morning hope you are having a good day. Carol prayers for your niece Kym. Bubby get feeling better take it easy.
Was busy yesterday finished borders on walk in park I did several years ago at Riley Blake retreat with Jenny. Also almost finished aquilt that was hanging around got a couple of burp cloths done and receiving blanket done. Don't think am going to get much done today woke up at 2 am and have been really dizzy so trying to stay as still as possible for me anyway. Have a wonderful day. Prayers and hugs to those who need them. Cecelia

auntiemern
February 9th, 2016, 02:07 PM
Ha Ha....I just knew it was Annie, before I got that far in your post. Just glad it was nothing serious with all the bad news you have had this winter.
Yesterday kicked my butt. I had an appointment with my dermatologist (still trying to figure out what to do with my hands and feet). They have come up with a plan of attack, so we will see how it goes. After that I had to pick up the 2 youngest from school. Took youngest DGD to the orthodontist for a follow up...then to the pediatrician for a mystery rash. Left at 11 and didn't get back home til almost 6. Not enough time between appointments to come home....nothing is that close to where I live. The weather was terrible. Super cold, blowing winds and snow flurries. That kind of stuff is not good for my lungs or my skin.
I had embroidered a towel for my DGD the other day, and when Bubby saw it, he immediately said he wanted one with him name too. That is part of my plan for the day...that and trying another ITH project. We will have the kids after school, so that will be fun. They haven't been here in almost a week.
Hugs and blessings to all. Prayers for those in need.

EnumclawGramma
February 9th, 2016, 02:22 PM
Another late morning for me! The sun is shining again today, I think we're having an early Spring. It's frosty, but it sure is pretty! I got all my ironing and all my laundry done yesterday, and we had dinner out with my cousins! Today is a slower day and an early bed time for sure. Still playing catch up from my week away. I sleep the best in my own nest.
Barb take care of yourself. There's some really bad bugs going around. Ray and I shared one, each out of it for no less than a week. (He missed a whole week of work, that never happens!) I was IN BED sick for two days. Highly unusual. So, drink your fluids and stay down. Winter's almost over!
I guess I'll have one more cuppa and get moving. I could sit here all morning and look for quilt patterns. Trying to find ideas for the DGK's next quilts. Everytime I settle on something their interests change. Anyone else have the challenge?
Hugs and Prayers to all in need! Have a wonderful day!

rebeccas-sewing
February 9th, 2016, 02:26 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your troubles, ladies. Sometimes it's not so easy to follow Blondie's advice as to smiling and holding onto a positive attitude. My sympathies.

It's another sunny day in So. California and much too warm for me. I know what you're saying. How dare she complain about warm weather when we are all freezing off our cabooses. I guess it's that old saying, "It's always greener...."

I should probably clean bathrooms today, but I think I'll sew instead. I'm using my new 12000 to quilt a wedding quilt. I'm so excited not to have to sit and babysit the machine as I did with the 11000. This one has a much larger harp and is quilting a queen-size with very little effort on my part. Yay!!! I can actually work on another quilt while it's stitching away.

sewbizzy
February 9th, 2016, 03:47 PM
Morning Everyone,

I have the computer in bed with me, where I plan to stay all day. Not feeling well today after having a rough night. Jeff offered to stay home but I don't think that's necessary. Dottie won't leave my side.

Wishing everyone a great Tuesday. Hugs.....

Bubby, I am just moving around a bit myself today....I am not an early riser, but am usually up earlier than this...I also have some sort of a bug, too...haven't felt good for a few days...
I hope you feel better soon...
Thank you so much for the handmade Valentine I received yesterday...it made my day...
I'm sending prayers for all those in need...Blessings, Carol

judimccl
February 9th, 2016, 04:45 PM
Carol, I will say lots of prayers for Kymmie, and for you all as you help her through this. I was diagnosed with breast cancer 2 years ago and had a double mastectomy. They couldn't do regular chemo because of infections and slow healing after the surgery, so I take a pill every day for 5 years. Someone told me when I was diagnosed that "Kymmie" won't fight alone either. All of us "survivors" will be right there behind her, praying for her, and when needed offering words of encouragement. God bless you all, and keep us posted.

Lyndaj
February 9th, 2016, 04:58 PM
Blondie, where did you get that mug? That is SO me.

Carol336
February 9th, 2016, 05:29 PM
I can't thank everyone enough for all your kindness, prayers and friendship......I will be sure to tell Kymmie that so many wonderful people are praying for her. And Judy, your post had me in tears......I'll be especially sure to tell her that all those survivors are in her corner as well. Everyone on this forum is awesome....thank you from the bottom of my heart