PDA

View Full Version : Monday Night Owl

kimsophia
February 9th, 2016, 02:34 AM
Hootie hoot! How are you?

On Crafty Gemini I found a different way to do sashing as a unit with the blocks and not added in as strips later. Hopefully this will be easier for me as I was struggling with that method. It sure is cold enough now for a quilt or two!

Hoot your news! @,@

stationarymom
February 9th, 2016, 02:42 AM
Hoot I'll have to go watch her videos on sashing and see if I can find it that sounds interesting.I stayed bundled up nice and snug today we didn't get as much snow as they called for :) areas on the coast got much more than us.I was making supper tonight and had a seizure and fell and got the biggest lump on my head it hurts now.My DS's girlfriend was here and said that I was holding a butcher knife when I fell so luckily I fell backwards.There isn't much happening here now since everyone else is sound asleep.

kimsophia
February 9th, 2016, 02:56 AM
Yikes, Joan! That sounds scary! D:

dwil23
February 9th, 2016, 03:00 AM
Hootie hoot! How are you?

On Crafty Gemini I found a different way to do sashing as a unit with the blocks and not added in as strips later. Hopefully this will be easier for me as I was struggling with that method. It sure is cold enough now for a quilt or two!

Hoot your news! @,@

Yes - the only way to do sashing, with or without cornerstones, if you ask me. So much easier.

Oh, my goodness, Joan - that is scary. Have you ever considered getting a service dog that can detect a seizure before it happens?

stationarymom
February 9th, 2016, 03:05 AM
It's not for me because it's been happening since I was 6.if you've never seen me have a seizure it can be for the people watching especially if you don't know what is happening.I have seizures not convulsions I might just make some faces or noises to falling,but I recover quickly.I was in wally world one night and fell and the people around me went to the service desk so they called an ambulance and when the emt's got there one of them came in yelling where is she ...and waving his arms in the air.I was already embarresed because I fell so I pointed to my girlfriend that I was out with to say it was her they were looking for.

stationarymom
February 9th, 2016, 03:07 AM
No Donna I haven't.I guess I'm so used to them being part of my life I don't even think about them until one happens.

kensington
February 9th, 2016, 03:18 AM
I think she does that sashing that Jenny teaches, the L shape on each block and when you are done you just need to add a side and top inner border.

I finally got 2 of my borders on my Falling Layer Cake I did. Two to go. I'll be finishing this UFO and moving on to something new soon! Yay!

kimsophia
February 9th, 2016, 03:21 AM
I think she does that sashing that Jenny teaches, the L shape on each block and when you are done you just need to add a side and top inner border.

I finally got 2 of my borders on my Falling Layer Cake I did. Two to go. I'll be finishing this UFO and moving on to something new soon! Yay!

I wish Jenny had taught it that way on her Falling Hexagons tutorial! She's the one who said to do it as a sashing strip and my cornerstones were not matching up...I spent hours on it on Sunday.

Simply Quilting
February 9th, 2016, 03:36 AM
Joan ouch! I hope your head feels better soon. I am glad that you were not hurt any worse.

kensington
February 9th, 2016, 03:39 AM
I wish Jenny had taught it that way on her Falling Hexagons tutorial! She's the one who said to do it as a sashing strip and my cornerstones were not matching up...I spent hours on it on Sunday.

Mmmm... she did it on a couple of tutorials. But I guess not the one you need. I don't do Hexi's. So I don't know what to tell you.

I might consider skipping the corner stones if it were me. I've done them, but they are not my best subject. LOL

kimsophia
February 9th, 2016, 03:43 AM
I had the funniest thing happen when I was waking up in bed yesterday. I had this fantastic feeling. I just felt so happy and euphoric because I realized "I do not have to make any more quilts after this!" lololol

kensington
February 9th, 2016, 03:46 AM
What?? Not make any more quilts? Ever? Ohmy!

kimsophia
February 9th, 2016, 04:23 AM
It's just not my thing. I think I'm more leaning towards embroidery. And I don't need any more quilts. I've made one for each bed. This one is for watching TV. I'm not putting myself through this any more! Just some little decor things, maybe.

Judy, USMC
February 9th, 2016, 05:15 AM
Joan - lumpy heads are not fun! Hope it goes down quickly.

I went through an "I'm done with quilting" phase but eventually have come back to it. You are going to stay on the forum aren't you?

I cut the coins for a patriotic quilt but I don't think I quite like it. Used Old Glory Gatherings which are red white and blue. 22 white 10" squares and 10 each of the red and blue. So I alternated the red and blue with the white. Now it looks more like dragons teeth than nice coins one gets with a variety of tones in the same colorway. This may go into a UFO pile or be used in some lap robes for the Wounded Warrior barracks.

Hoot, Hoot - stay warm!

kimsophia
February 9th, 2016, 05:30 AM
Oh sure, everyone is so nice and besides, I am mostly in the "not about quilting" sections anyway. :)

Andrea F
February 9th, 2016, 06:11 AM
Good morning from cold, windy Germany :) I hope everyone is alright, espescially Joan! I'm glad nothing happened to you with that butcher knife! I'm headed to work in a few minutes. Nothing exciting happening here. I sewed a couple more bags and still need to get back to my WIP quilts. The semester is almost over which means the next weeks are going to be slower workwise and there will be more energy to sew.

Have a wonderful day girls!

judimccl
February 9th, 2016, 04:31 PM
So sorry to hear about your fall Stationarymom. You were sure lucky with falling the right way holding a knife. Take care, and I hope you feel better, and your lump on your head stops hurting. :icon_wave: