PDA

View Full Version : Cold Monday Morning

Grampz
February 8th, 2016, 12:06 PM
It is 19*F today here in Utah. brrrrrrr But I am ready for the day's challenges because with challenges comes many blessings. But could somebody please shut the freezer door? lol

I'm interested to see what the temp is in your area. Please post and let ole Grampz know he's not alone in the freezer! lol

JCY
February 8th, 2016, 12:53 PM
It was 20 deg. here this a.m. We're supposed to have warmer temps. this week. Hoping for some good snow melting.

Simply Quilting
February 8th, 2016, 01:11 PM
We are at 24*F but with the high winds, the windchill puts us at 11*F. We have a wind advisory until this evening. They are looking at up to 45 MPH winds. I just know that it is cold with the wind blowing so hard.

alliek
February 8th, 2016, 01:16 PM
Here in southern VA it's 48degrees, however, going down with snow or sleet or freezing rain forecasted for this late afternoon into tomorrow. Have a good day all.

Cowgirl quilter
February 8th, 2016, 01:16 PM
The official on my tablet says 25 here. Sun is coming up and it looks like it will be a beautiful day.

Monique
February 8th, 2016, 01:18 PM
It is a beautiful day here today, 32F

Grampz
February 8th, 2016, 01:20 PM
We are at 24*F but with the high winds, the windchill puts us at 11*F. We have a wind advisory until this evening. They are looking at up to 45 MPH winds. I just know that it is cold with the wind blowing so hard.

Brrrrrrrrrr I love the cold but there is a point where a gentleman has to swear at how cold it is! lol

Grampz
February 8th, 2016, 01:21 PM
Here in southern VA it's 48degrees, however, going down with snow or sleet or freezing rain forecasted for this late afternoon into tomorrow. Have a good day all.

freezing rain can be nasty. stay safe & warm by quilting all day! lol

Grampz
February 8th, 2016, 01:23 PM
The official on my tablet says 25 here. Sun is coming up and it looks like it will be a beautiful day.

Glad to see it will be a beautiful day for you.

Grampz
February 8th, 2016, 01:28 PM
It is a beautiful day here today, 32F

32 is a good temp! Will it get warmer for you today?

rebeccas-sewing
February 8th, 2016, 02:22 PM
Most of this week it will be in the eighties and a couple of days almost up to ninety. We sat outside to watch the Super Bowl last night. I wore my winter pj's to bed instead of putting on something cooler. As the night wore on I was burning up and stripping down. Between being hot, tummy troubles from overeating at the party and Joe's relentless snoring I ended up on the sofa. I certainly wouldn't want it to be in the teens but the sixties and low seventies is where I like it to stay. If only...

K. McEuen
February 8th, 2016, 02:35 PM
It was 31 when I got up at 8 am and it is still 31 now at 10:30. It will warm up. The sun is out and shining brightly. It just takes a while for it to heat up. It was nice yesterday, in the low 60s, but once the sun went down the temps dropped fast.

LauraP
February 8th, 2016, 02:47 PM
its 41f in SE KS and you had better have some big rocks in your pockets or you are going to end up in Arkansas! Hmmmm......maybe I could get it to blow me to my sisters house for a visit but with my luck it would drop me in the middle of one of the lakes.
I love your quote at the bottom. One of my biggest pet peeves is seeing a boy or girl scout dragging the flag on the ground. I have been known to stop the car and find the scout master. That is MY flag and my family shed a lot of blood to keep it flying high.

mischiefkat
February 8th, 2016, 02:59 PM
It was 42 this am in SW Fla, chilly breeze blowing too. It's up to 68 now and the the chilly breeze is still blowing. Hard to believe that it's cold here sometimes too. kathy

kayjay
February 8th, 2016, 03:28 PM
33 degrees here and snowing. Getting from 4 - 8 inches today and another 2 over tonight into tomorrow. It is winter indeed.
Karen

Hulamoon
February 8th, 2016, 05:28 PM
At 3: 00 this morning it was about 57. But that's cold when your used to the heat. It's about 72 at 10: 30 now.

Navy Wife
February 8th, 2016, 08:21 PM
East Tennessee was above freezing all day. We started at 42 and ended about 50, but tomorrow...high of 32 and an inch or 2 of snow

Kat Smith
February 8th, 2016, 08:25 PM
Hi from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Today the high today was -13 C/ 9 F, cloudy and we have just come out of a blizzard warning. Yesterday they shut down parts of the Trans Canada Highway in and out of Winnipeg. Has been cloudy and grey for days. The sun is suppose to return tomorrow but that means it will get much colder. We are looking at -15 C/ 5 F during the day for Wed. and Fri is suppose to be -21 C / -5 F, that's the high for the day. We have a lots of snow, not as much as some years but life goes on around here. They only close the schools if there is a blizzard, a real full fledged one. The out of town kids get more days off because the school buses stop running at a certain temp but the schools are still open. Kids go out for recess unless the wind chill hazard is at or over -28 C. If there is no wind then they go out unless the temp is -29 C or lower.

Having said all that our summers can be as hot as we get cold and very humid. I guess that is why we like to stress that our winters are a dry cold. Long days 5 AM till 10:30 PM. Our license plates use to have the slogan Sunny Manitoba, 100,000 lakes , on them.

Who wants to move to Manitoba?? We'd love to have ya!

Kathy

MayinJerset
February 8th, 2016, 11:46 PM
Granpz, Hope you have some comfy quilts to keep you warm.

Low 30's here in Jersey this Monday morning , sun did warm it up a bit but a different story later in the afternoon when the sun disappeared and the temps dropped. Snow expected to begin falling overnight and leave 1 -3 inches on the ground so I guess it is going to stay cold for a good while.

redcaboose1717
February 9th, 2016, 12:07 AM
It's 26 degrees F here in lower Michigan where I live ( about 40 miles south of the state capital, Lansing, MI ) ....Brrr ! We are supposed to get some snow tonight.
That's the price I guess I pay for living in Michigan from November to April......( wow, those southern warmer states are looking soooo inviting right now ! )

quiltingtrish
February 9th, 2016, 12:17 AM
Nothing here yet in PA - road looks wet though. Supposed to get 3-8" tomorrow so hoping school is closed.
No thanks Kathy - I get enough snow here as it is.
I love your quote too, Grampz. Retired Army here.

judimccl
February 9th, 2016, 04:29 PM
Not near as cold as you, however here in South Florida we are having weather in the 40s-50s at night, and in the 60s during the daytime. For us warm weather people that is darned cold, and I know I have the heat on. Just had a cold snap about 3 weeks ago, and because of it I ended up with bronchitis and a sinus infection. Went to the doctor yesterday thinking I was better, and he told me that he had to put me on antibiotics because it wasn't clearing up good enough and he didn't want it to turn into pneumonia! His waiting room was jammed, and he said almost everyone had what he called the "crud," and it was a bear to clear it up. So at his recommendation I made a big pot of chicken soup last night, and know what I will be eating for the next couple of days, lol. Keep warm, and you are not alone in the freezer, lol. :icon_wave:

jjkaiser
February 9th, 2016, 04:37 PM
At 3: 00 this morning it was about 57. But that's cold when your used to the heat. It's about 72 at 10: 30 now.

Could I move in with you??? If I promise not to be a slob, and make my bed and everything?

GuitarGramma
February 9th, 2016, 04:41 PM
I'm in California, so I won't upset you by telling you my temp. But I talked to my daughter in Illinois where it was 14 degrees. She's a California gal, so she has trouble coping with that kind of temperature!

Neller
February 9th, 2016, 04:47 PM
40 degrees and sunny in Nine Mile Falls, WA. It feels like spring! Sorry for you all in the cold.

bhaggerty
February 9th, 2016, 08:33 PM
Sunny and 75 degrees
Very blessed !

laura44
February 10th, 2016, 12:45 AM
In the 70's today, I actually got sun burned working in
the garden today.

GuitarGramma
February 10th, 2016, 01:00 AM
In the 70's today, I actually got sun burned working in
the garden today.
It was sunny here, wasn't it Laura?

Oops, I wasn't going to let Grampz know our temp! Sorry, Grampz!