PDA

View Full Version : Monday are you ready for it?

Blondie
February 8th, 2016, 08:34 AM

Hello Folksies!

Sipping on the morning brew, stiff, hoarse voice and ready to climb back in the bed. Stiff from carrying in more wood for the stove and climbing up and down the stairs (one step at a time). My voice is gone from screaming at the tv over the Superbowl. Sorry that the Panthers lost, disappointed in Cam Newton's sulking interview afterwards but so happy for Peyton Manning. My Daddy would've been over the moon for him. Even though he has been with the Bronco's for a few years, when he was with the Colts, he was my Daddy's man. Very focused and talented fella. I am sure all Bronco Fans are still celebrating in ecstasy. Congrats to them.

We also got a call yesterday afternoon that one of my uncle's has passed. Uncle Frank was 90, lived a very full and fascinating life. He fell and hit his head and that was it. Nothing but wonderful memories of him. When I was a little girl, I had a small crush on him. He was very handsome, loads of fun for kids because he liked all games and sports. As an adult, I grew to know him in a different way. Uncle Frank was always interested in hearing what anyone had to say about anything. That is a gift. Luscious and I were speaking last night about him and how he always made everyone feel important because he was interested in what they thought and felt.

Today I will be with DD for a bit. I have pork chops to go in the crock for dinner. Thanking the Lord for crockpots.

Off to pour another cuppa cawfee. Hope that each one here has a special kind of Monday. SMILE!

Patsquilting
February 8th, 2016, 09:02 AM
Good Morning, Blondie: I had my 2 cups and wish I could do more - very tired and can't seem to go back to sleep. I see my husband off at 5:00 every morning - that's it - no more sleep for me. Had 12" snow on Friday, 30 hours no power (thanks GOD for a generator) and expecting another 4-8 inches today, more snow Tues & Wed. Oh, Boy - can't wait!

Did the wood hauling also (where was my fitbit to tell me how much I actually walked) Went to visit son over the weekend - Home, lots of pain - but HOME. Got to play with grandson (17 mo) and he is such a cutie!! All is good! Will get in lots (hopefully) of sewing today - want to finish Quilts of Valor quilt started at the sew in on Saturday - 1st one I ever attended and am now getting involved in. It was so inspiring to see those VETS get their quilt and the look on their face. Very humbling.

Here's to a terrific day to everyone. Yes, it's Monday - but take a deep breath - enjoy each moment, the present - it is a gift.

Bubby
February 8th, 2016, 09:36 AM
Morning Everyone,

It's bitter cold with high wind this morning. Jeff just left for work. He had a good birthday weekend.

Sorry about your uncle, Blondie. It sounds like he lived a good, full life and was much loved.

Normally I don't do much on Monday. It's sort of my re-entry day after the weekend (like we ever do anything that busy or tiring). But I'm retired and I can do it if I want to....lol!

I'm done making embroidery goodies for V-Day. There are still several in the mail. I guess I will transition back to working on the Orange Peel quilt for my MIL. It's blue and white so there's no temptation for me to keep it.

Have a great Monday everyone. Stay warm and safe.

Monique
February 8th, 2016, 09:40 AM
Good morning. So sorry for your loss Blondie. You have many wonderful memories to help you through this difficult time. Sending hugs your way.

Oh Panthers, why why why. Oh well, there is always next year, right?

We went to Trenton on Friday, stopped at some antique shops along the way. We found a really nice one in Belleville. Definitely will go back there sometime. There was an antique sale in Kingston on Saturday, expensive, but Les did buy a few things. I bought him a cherry pitter for Valentine's Day. Aren't we romantic? hehehe I got to see Maizyn of course, and I gave Philip his birthday gift. His birthday isn't until the 23rd but in case I won't make it there, he got it now.

Today is my last free weekday until nearly the end of the month. I work tomorrow and straight on through until the 19th. I must get my quilt sandwiched today.

I noticed one new bird in the feeder yesterday. Slate grey, white belly, striped tail, smaller than a chickadee. Not sure what it is. AND two starlings. They don't usually come until Spring don't they?

Have a great day everyone.

MayinJerset
February 8th, 2016, 10:08 AM
Blondie, sorry to hear about your uncle's passing, sounds as if he was special kind of guy.

Hey Barb, You take the day off, you deserve to do whatever you like.

No sign of the snow that was supposed to start earlier so maybe we can get to our appointments and shopping today after all.

Thought I would be ready to quilt the baby quilt I've been working on but got frustrated with broken threads and needles so I put it aside yesterday. Hope things go better today with new needle and change of threads.

Sandy Navas
February 8th, 2016, 10:29 AM
Sending Miss BDS special hugs of understanding. Love you, dear one!!

Madeforyouinma11
February 8th, 2016, 11:22 AM
Blondie, so sorry for your loss. Your uncle sounds like he was a very special guy. Sending hugs your way...(((hugs)))

Cathy F
February 8th, 2016, 11:53 AM
Morning all,
The snow started early this morning and supposed to go most of the day. The beauty of being retired is you can stay home and enjoy looking at it, no commuting.
I plan on getting in the sewing room today and do some more work on the kissing coin quilt. I'm anxious to start on my next project but trying to completely finish one before I start another.
Blondie, your uncle sounds like he was a special person.

Wishing everyone a good day!

Grampz
February 8th, 2016, 12:01 PM

Hello Folksies!

Sipping on the morning brew, stiff, hoarse voice and ready to climb back in the bed. Stiff from carrying in more wood for the stove and climbing up and down the stairs (one step at a time). My voice is gone from screaming at the tv over the Superbowl. Sorry that the Panthers lost, disappointed in Cam Newton's sulking interview afterwards but so happy for Peyton Manning. My Daddy would've been over the moon for him. Even though he has been with the Bronco's for a few years, when he was with the Colts, he was my Daddy's man. Very focused and talented fella. I am sure all Bronco Fans are still celebrating in ecstasy. Congrats to them.

We also got a call yesterday afternoon that one of my uncle's has passed. Uncle Frank was 90, lived a very full and fascinating life. He fell and hit his head and that was it. Nothing but wonderful memories of him. When I was a little girl, I had a small crush on him. He was very handsome, loads of fun for kids because he liked all games and sports. As an adult, I grew to know him in a different way. Uncle Frank was always interested in hearing what anyone had to say about anything. That is a gift. Luscious and I were speaking last night about him and how he always made everyone feel important because he was interested in what they thought and felt.

Today I will be with DD for a bit. I have pork chops to go in the crock for dinner. Thanking the Lord for crockpots.

Off to pour another cuppa cawfee. Hope that each one here has a special kind of Monday. SMILE!

Sending extra prayers, luvz, & hugz to you and your family for your loss from. I'm glad to see you have such happy memories of him.

May your Monday be filled with lots of love & laughter!

GrammaBabs
February 8th, 2016, 12:10 PM
Blondie,, so sorry for your loss... 90,,, can't imagine it... my family all passed younger... oldest was around 74 i think,,, but no matter what age, they all left WONDERFUL memories and i was blessed to have them for as long as i did... My Dad was a lot like your description of you Uncle... with the listening being just ONE of his wonderful virtues:))

ceiliam
February 8th, 2016, 12:46 PM
Blondie so sorry for your loss, so glad you have special memories of a wonderful man.

JCY
February 8th, 2016, 12:47 PM
A beautiful sunny morning here in Colorado. Still have plenty of snow on the ground & the side streets -- which don't get plowed unless there is a really big snow -- still are icy & snow packed. I hope the next few days of warmer weather will help with that.

Yest. I finished sewing together the blocks for the Ribbon Star table runner I've been working on. I sashed each block individually, then sewed the blocks together. I think that method is easier & more accurate. Got the backing cut. It's ready to be sandwiched, pin basted & the edges basted. I'm still contemplating the FMQ design.

Sorry to hear about your uncle, Blondie. One of our acquaintances died suddenly on Sat. She was only 75, a retired school teacher. I think she had some heart problems.

I hope everyone has a good start to the new week. We are happy for our Denver Broncos winning the Super Bowl.

MRoy
February 8th, 2016, 12:51 PM
Blondie, I'm sorry about your uncle's passing. He sounds like a wonderful person who lived a full life. How did you get my early morning photo?

We're not football fans, so we didn't watch the super bowl. I saw the video of Lady Gaga singing the National Anthem. She nailed it! It's supposed to snow here tonight and tomorrow and get really cold. I'm ready for some spring weather soon.

alliek
February 8th, 2016, 01:34 PM
Good day Blondie, sorry tohear about your uncle. He sounds like someone who embraced life for what the moment held. People were interesting, children were enjoyed. What a blessed life . To be remembered with a smile and with love is what we all hope for.
Keep warm all who are in the cold, be safe all who are in a storm, and all be blessed.

auntiemern
February 8th, 2016, 01:46 PM
DF, I am so sorry for your loss. Sending up prayers that springs brings you all the happiness you deserves, and less of the sadness you have had this winter. (((((Blondie)))))

rebeccas-sewing
February 8th, 2016, 01:49 PM
How lucky you're uncle was to live to be ninety. He definitely sounds like someone I would've enjoyed knowing. I'm sorry he had to leave you, Blondie.

EnumclawGramma
February 8th, 2016, 03:57 PM
Good Monday Morning! Slipping in here late today because I am exhausted! What a long week, and busy weekend! I'm home and the Grands and I all survived. But I really need a few days to catch my breath. And clean my house. The sun is shining and it actually feels very Springish today. I need that!!
Blondie I'm so sorry to hear about your Uncle. It sounds like a good long life with lots of love. I like that you had a little crush on him, I had an Uncle like that and totally get it. Love and Hugs to you sweet friend.
Running laundry and dishes and pretty much just taking it easy today. It's our monthly dinner with my cousins too so I don't even have to cook! Sweet.
I have to say, I was happy with the outcome of the Superbowl. I just don't like the way the Panthers treated the SeaHawk fans after our loss to them and wanted to see some humility brought back to the game. Also, Russell Wilson went to Quarterback camp with Peyton as teacher (!!) when Russell was 10, so that's kinda special ( If This Is It | The Players' Tribune (http://www.theplayerstribune.com/russell-wilson-peyton-manning-superbowl/) )
Have a wonderful Monday all. Hugs and Prayers all 'round.