PDA

View Full Version : Sunny Sunday Morning

Ginny B
February 7th, 2016, 12:26 PM
Good morning everyone. How was your Saturday? Mine was good. Got stuff done and worked on organizing another shelf in my sewing room closet. The agenda for today includes getting a snowblower. For the life of me I don't understand why hubs is dragging his feet on this. It's not the $$$ because we have a gift card for it from ds. I know the neighbors help us but I just don't think it's right to assume they will do it. I'd like to be able to do some of it on our own and maybe even help out someone else. I am still sore from shoveling the heavy snow we got on Friday. Snow in the forecast a few times this week and I would like to be ready for it. The last two storms started out as only going to be few inches and then we got dumped on.

Of course, we will be watching the Superbowl later too. Dh is making dinner (tortellini Alfredo) so I can have some sewing time. I will get my ingredients prepped for the chili I will be putting in the crock pot tomorrow.

Have a good day all. Go Broncos! I know the Panthers are favored but I would like to see Peyton Manning get a win today. Wish me luck in my snowblower adventure.

KPH
February 7th, 2016, 12:59 PM
Wow, around here, everybody is saying the Broncos are going to win. The Carolina Cats are the underdogs by as much as 20 pts. Amazing how the media in different areas are calling it.

I do hope the Panthers do pull out a victory. Sorry to Peyton, I know my MIL loves him to death, but gotta root for the home team (just like always). "Keep Pounding!"

K. McEuen
February 7th, 2016, 01:23 PM
I would think in New York you would have every tool known to man to remove snow. I wonder if hubby thinks it is too much of a luxury because you may only use it 3 months out of a year. We don't even have a snow shovel. When we lived in Alb. before we had one, but I gave it to a neighbor when we moved to Texas. Never got another one when we moved back here. Then a few years ago, we got 16" dumped on us overnight in November! There was not a snow shovel to be found in town for more than a week. Walmart was expecting a shipment, but the truck was snowed in up in Denver. That was the year that many people had their roofs cave in under the weight of the snow. Flat houses don't do well when they have that much snow on them. BTW, we still don't have a snow shovel.

No bowl game for me today. I'm taking a friend out for his birthday dinner. He's a baseball fan so he picked today to go to eat.

rebeccas-sewing
February 7th, 2016, 01:52 PM
I'm not a sports fan, however, I'll be joining my friends at their house for a party of about thirty. I'm taking banana cake with cream cheese frosting and cornbread since the hostess is making chili. At least this year I know who's actually playing in the Super Bowl.
I think it's funny that the computer auto-corrected me from Superbowl to Super Bowl. Even the computer is a fan of sports. hahaha

RockinLou
February 7th, 2016, 02:02 PM
No superbowl here, we took the kids up into the mountains and went ice skating. It was a lot of fun and beautiful out there. It was over crowded though, and I think they would enjoy it more if we had more space to work in. My son has only been on the ice twice but he took to it quickly, I might have him take lessons soon. I can't tell if he wants to or not, he says yes then he says no.... but I love being able to skate with the kids without breaking my back holding them up the whole time!!

I have an out-of-the-ordinary week ahead of me, so we'll see how it goes.... I'm having a hard time getting enthusiastic about lesson planning these days. My students deserve better ... so I'm going to go to sleep and hope a rested teacher is best....

ceiliam
February 7th, 2016, 03:44 PM
Morning at least it still is here. Not much going on here. Absolutely no football here, grew up with super football dad,sorry folks hate football. Love Basketball. Hoping to get some sewing done today. Have already taken the dog out walking. Beautiful weather here just jacket weather. Love this weather. Hope all have a wonderful day. Cecelia

MayinJerset
February 7th, 2016, 04:24 PM
Thought I posted earlier but I must have forgot to click on it before I left the forum. Most of the morning I was working on a quilt but it was slow going with several thread and needle breaks so when DS#1 stopped by it was a good reason to quit for awhile. Son and DH are watching pregame stuff so I'll hang out here for awhile in our 'office'. My roll top desk is just a few feet behind me so I really should turn around and sit there to pay some bills. Maybe not, I'll let the bils wait a day or so, I 'm sure the bills won't mind.

Just thinking about how things have changed over the years. Gone are our old Sunday mornings when DH went to pick up Sunday papers and some fresh bagels or hard rolls while I got the coffee going. We would sit with our coffee and bagel or roll, read the papers and relax after our long work week. On cold winter Sundays if we weren't going any where or expecting anyone I used to have a cup of tea and another bagel or roll for lunch. Hard rolls really are things of the past, how did bakers forget how to make them? The ones they make now have soft crusts and airy insides. Bagels, forgettaboutit, old ones were smaller and had a good ratio of insides to the slick outside but nowadays they are just too big and thick. I cut a slice from the middle out and feed it to the birds.

kayjay
February 7th, 2016, 05:17 PM
Good afternoon. Got work done (cutting) on one of my projects yesterday and felt very accomplished. Last night we had game night at a neighbors and had a great time. Went for another hike in the snow with Traci (my German Shepherd). It was beautiful. Got my pecan pie baked for the Super Bowl later today. We are going to friends in Farmingdale that I have not seen in a while. Rooting for the Bronco's. I also got the large bag of apples cored, sliced and in the dehydrator. dh is starting some of the vegetable seeds downstairs. Best news is my dh and I discussed creating my sewing room downstairs. He is just finishing his workshop and I said, "Hey, I need one too!!" and so the plans have begun. Yay.
Enjoy your Sunday everyone.