PDA

View Full Version : Sewing room painting finally done

irishrn
February 7th, 2016, 12:49 AM
I finally finished painting the sewing room on Monday.

Now I'm in the organizing phase. I have been going thru every box and container. So far I have 3 large bags of garbage and I didn't touch the fabric! That will be quite a job!

But it was long overdue. I'm limited to the time I can work in there ( when DH is sleeping) but I will finish it as I miss my sewing machine.

I'll just keep on plugging away!

Thanks for looking

kensington
February 7th, 2016, 12:57 AM
I love that color. My sewing room is white... one of only 2 in my house that are. I need to paint it. LOL.

asta
February 7th, 2016, 12:57 AM
WOW pretty color! Have fun organizing, I am still-after 2 years-rearranging to see what works best for my room.

Hulamoon
February 7th, 2016, 01:00 AM
Pretty color! Mine was a soft celery green. Now it's downstairs and just plain white, except for all the fabric all over. lol

kensington
February 7th, 2016, 01:04 AM
Pretty color! Mine was a soft celery green. Now it's downstairs and just plain white, except for all the fabric all over. lol

Every sewing room should be decorated with fabric!

RiverMomm
February 7th, 2016, 01:04 AM
I love your sewing room. Very pretty color.

Good luck on organizing! That may be the hardest part.

Kgrammiecaz
February 7th, 2016, 01:09 AM
Beautiful, looking good. I would love to do a start over and clean and organize it. Looking forward to seeing more pics.

Kat Smith
February 7th, 2016, 01:30 AM
What a pretty color, looks restful and soothing. A nice space to create in.

Kathy

MayinJerset
February 7th, 2016, 01:39 AM
Oh so pretty - can't see how you arrange everything.

Jean Sewing Machine
February 7th, 2016, 01:54 AM
What a pretty color! It's amazing what a fresh coat of paint can do for a room! Happy organizing!

Simply Quilting
February 7th, 2016, 02:23 AM
A very beautiful and calming color. Don't forget to post pictures when you get done organizing :)

redcaboose1717
February 7th, 2016, 09:16 AM
Reminds me of our first home......The upstairs had ceilings like that, and I loved it. I still miss that house 23 yrs later ! ( yes, I often look online to see if it's up for sale LOL! )
Great color choice ! I am thinking about repainting my sewing room a very pale pink. I am in the process of looking for new carpet for that room right now. I have been saving "Sewing Room" ideas for a long time. I also have a huge room in our finished basement that I have considered using as a sewing / craft room....but not sure if I really want to be in the basement like that(??).....I probably will just continue to finish the room here on the main floor ( I have a ranch style home with a finished basement )

Patsquilting
February 7th, 2016, 09:48 AM
Nice - color is so calming - so that along with your sewing - you should be like "jello".

Have fun!

blc
February 7th, 2016, 10:36 AM
Take your time and get it just how you want it, you will be so pleased. Two years ago I took everything out of my sewing room, painted, but in some book cases and shelves, bought some baskets and bins and everything that came back in had a home. All the fabric was measured and folded and put in its place. It is such a pleasure to work in there. When I finish a project or at least once a week everything goes back into its home so it stays neat in there. It takes commitment on my part but I appreciate it more if I do. Good luck on getting everything where you want it and congratulations on a job well done!

songbird857
February 7th, 2016, 10:56 AM
Eileen, it looks great!
Even after I've been in my new space for a few months, I keep getting ideas of how to organize it 'just a bit better' :) It's a process, for sure.
Have fun in 'YOUR' space....

Ginny B
February 7th, 2016, 11:07 AM
Love the color. Have fun organizing. I'll bet you are going to be surprised at some things you will find as you go through things. Every few months I sit in my sewing room and look around and think how I can organize it better. It's an ongoing process for me. Enjoy your beautiful new room

FabStripper
February 7th, 2016, 12:33 PM
I love live this colour for your walls. It looks real nice and relaxed. Now you can find thing you don't recall having. Lol.

irishrn
February 7th, 2016, 01:09 PM
Yesterday I did get about 90 mins to go thru things. So far I've accumulated 3 large trash bags of things I had no idea was even in the closet. Managed to get books and mags in order. Started putting printed patterns together. But I am not at all ready to tackle the fabric. I've been dabbling in NCW and swoon patterns as Christmas gifts so I also have bag hardware now that need organizing!
But I'm anxious to get to my machines after I do a thorough cleaning on them!
Every day is an adventure!
The color is a blue green like sea glass. But it is blue in natural light. More green in the closet!

K. McEuen
February 7th, 2016, 01:16 PM
It looks fantastic. Want to come and paint my house?

rebeccas-sewing
February 7th, 2016, 01:22 PM
The color is very nice but what I'm impressed with is the size of the room? My sewing room is so tiny. I'd love to have all that space. Is it a master you turned into a sewing room?

irishrn
February 7th, 2016, 04:00 PM
Rebecca. The house we live in is quite unusual in that it has 2 master bedrooms, one on the 1st floor ( ours) and one on the 2nd.
This was my DD bedroom when she lived here while in school. Across the hall is the 3rd bedroom we use for guests. Neither of them are ensuite, ( the only thing I regret) but it works. The upstairs one has a huge walk in closet while ours is a bit smaller.

Karen. I love to paint. I find it very enjoyable. I only hate the clean up! So if you can find a sitters for the husband and dog, I'm all yours!!

ceiliam
February 7th, 2016, 04:02 PM
What a beautiful color . you will be so happy you took time to organize it

GrammaBabs
February 7th, 2016, 04:04 PM
Love the color,,, enjoy the process... it's good to go slower and give the thought to what is going to work for YOU:))