PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night Owl

kimsophia
February 6th, 2016, 03:08 AM
Hootie hoot! How are you? We just watched the Bulls lose but they have so many players out due to injuries that the guys still left played their hearts out but just didn't have the strength. I'm still proud of them!

And my buddy helped me peel a can of chickpeas so we had fresh hummus. This time I did not use the food processor at all, just the blender. It worked fine, and less dishes to wash.

I had so much trouble with my machine today that I barely sewed. I did add a row to the test section. What's new with you? @,@

stationarymom
February 6th, 2016, 03:44 AM
Hoot I'm sorry you had so much trouble with your machine today.Doesn't that just aggravate you when something just won't work right and your close to finished?It sounds like your Bulls are having the same kind of season the Patriots did this year.They lost most of their 1st string players for a period of time due to injuries.We got 12" of snow today,so I spent the day shoveling and taking the puppy out to play in the snow.The snow is almost deeper than he is tall.We made some paths for him to run around on but he chose the deep snow to run through.A lot of trees and branches came down and 1/3 of our town lost power at some time during the day.

Cowgirl quilter
February 6th, 2016, 04:03 AM
I have a couple of little dogs that LOVE to run through the snow. They come in all covered in it, tongues dragging and and delighted with it. Can't say I share their enthusiasm.

I finished quilting my first "real" quilt on my grace frame today. Lots of mistakes on it, but I learned a lot. It is a quilt that my DH claimed and he is excited about it, and won't mind the goofs. Hopefully will get the binding on this weekend, then will share a picture.

toggpine
February 6th, 2016, 04:50 AM
Pretty productive today. I managed to get the barn cleaned ahead of the rain and a couple of loads of laundry done too.
We had several storm cells blow through with heavy rains and powerful winds. The trees around here had held up really well to the high winds we've had this winter. Unfortunately one came down tonight, but didn't do any damage to property. It did however block the road for the three properties West of us. One is still empty, the other folks aren't overly friendly, but the other gal is great and she just made it back home after a hospital stay. We couldn't have her access to emergency medical care blocked. Hubby, Em, and I went out and cut the tree off the road. We'll get to the rest of it in the day light, but for now the road is driveable.

No sewing here either, but hopefully that will be on tomorrow's agenda at some point.

Happy hooting in your trees! Cathy

Judy, USMC
February 6th, 2016, 05:03 AM
No snow here in coastal N Carolina but I did think we were going to float away. Had 6 inches of rain - and the roadside ditches are full. Some houses are islands since their yards are flooded.

Did a small local shop hop and had fun. 6 smallish shops but boy did they have a great variety of fabric and tools plus patterns. Having a great time here on my personal retreat ... have done a lot of prep work and will be solidly at my machine this weekend. So sorry to hear about any machine problems. Looking forward to the pic of that quilt.

Hope everyone stays safe and warm.

Granny Judy
February 6th, 2016, 05:52 AM
Hooty Hoot!! Been flying around searching for interesting borders.... pieced ones, started on Pinterest and found some very interesting ones... My curiosity has been fed.. now it's time to roost and get comfy..

Hope the machine problem gets fixed soon, Kim. I get so frustrated when mine act up.. I have to just walk away to calm down.

Judy, can't wait to see what cha got done this week end.. personal retreats are the best.. No packing up and moving stuff. I can never decide what to take or leave.

hooting to the rest of you Night Owls... stay dry, stay warm.

MayinJerset
February 6th, 2016, 07:56 AM
HOOT, HOOT, Anyone still around? Getting pretty close to daybreak so everyone may be snuggled in their tree hole or nest getting ready for a good day's sleep.

Made 3 blocks for a baby cuddle quilt before deciding that one of the fabrics didn't go with the other ones so a ripping I did go. Like the new fabric much better and hope to get the top finished and layered today. Need to get going with ideas for at least one quilt for my guild's show in May. Members of my small group are each making our interpretation of a painting into a quilt. Most of us have chose a modern art painting as they seem easy to do but we're finding it isn't as easy as we thought. I've chosen 2 by Paul Klee to think about but haven't found the right fabrics yet. Think a charm pack of solids might work for the 2nd one but that bird does look like it make a more interesting subject.

kimsophia
February 6th, 2016, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the good wishes...I ripped out and redid a cornerstone point to match and started up sewing with cotton thread. The machine works fine with that but after two seams I realized I was sewing the wrong pieces together...ripped that out and got the sashing installed right. Looked more closely at yesterday's work and I think I want to redo a section that seems tilted...fun fun fun! :D

kayjay
February 6th, 2016, 04:45 PM
Hi everyone, just getting back into quilting after a bit of a break. Started back with some easy placemats. However, I was so nervous before cutting the fabric in fear I was doing it wrong and would run out. Well all went smoothly until I got to the backing of which I was short 1 inch on three pieces. The other three were not straight. I later realized I did not make a clean edge before measuring and cutting. Ugggh. Luckily I was able to find the fabric on line and purchased more. What I feared actually happened. Oh well.

However, we had 10 inches of snow here yesterday. I had a snow day. Make peanut butter cookies and a Baked Ziti then went out line dancing with friends.

judimccl
February 6th, 2016, 08:09 PM
What a nice thing to do to help your neighbor - God bless. :icon_wave: