PDA

View Full Version : Snow Friday Morning

Ginny B
February 5th, 2016, 08:59 AM
Good morning everyone. It's a snowy one here. Going to be a tricky commute this morning. It sure does look pretty though.

Got the robo-call from work a little while ago telling us we are open. Really? Just call me if we are closed please. We will probably have a bunch of people call out today since the message said we are open but if you cannot make it in because of the weather, use a vacation or personal day. I live close enough though so it shouldn't take me too long.

Looking forward to the weekend. No particular plans other than watching the Super Bowl on Sunday. Of course, I will be in my sewing room a number to times I am sure. :)

Have a great day.

Monique
February 5th, 2016, 09:32 AM
Good morning Ginny. I think we will see sunshine today although it is a little colder that it has been. Spring is coming, don't you know.

I started hand quilting in the border yesterday and got one side done. I pulled out another quilt top and backing and I will get that one ready to sandwich to take with me next week. We may be going to an antique show and sale in Kingston tomorrow and then go visit with the kids. Phil's birthday is coming up and I can give him his gift while I am there. Not sure if we can make the trip when it is actually his birthday on the 23rd.

We may be headed to the city today to pick up Les' sister. She is staying with her son and I guess needs a ride home. Update on the Momma, well, they now have sitters who will come everyday and sit with her. Apparently Ruth put her name on a waiting list for a home just a few doors down from her own place. Her best friend is there. Pray that it doesn't take too long to get her into there, thank you.

Have a great weekend everyone.

MayinJerset
February 5th, 2016, 09:33 AM
Snowing here too, looks about an inch. Have an appointment at noon so wondering if I should cancel. It's a little past 7 so I'll wait a bit before deciding. Ginny, safe trip to work.

ceiliam
February 5th, 2016, 09:44 AM
Being obnoxious here no snow very seldom do we get it. Monique hope doesn't take long to get your MIL there so much easier on all. Ginny please be careful. Going to get my blouse cut out today for my class that I am auditing at the university I'm loving it . got a bunch of burp cloths done and some peepee teepees done for my sweet niece. Can hardly wait to get my hands on a new baby. Hope all have a safe and wonderful day. Cecelia

Bubby
February 5th, 2016, 09:59 AM
Morning....It's bitter cold here with wind, which makes it feel so much colder than it actually is.

I just watched the new tutorial. I have so many on my to-do list this one doesn't stand a chance of ever getting made....lol!

Tomorrow is Jeff's birthday and it's looking like we will have to work at the apartments, but on the way home we will stop for a steak dinner in Rolla. That should take the growl out of my teddy bear.

Everyone who has to go out in the winter weather please be careful and make sure to take your phone with you. My phone saved my life two winters ago when I hit black ice and spun off the road and rolled over.

Hugs....

KPH
February 5th, 2016, 10:36 AM
Good Morning All,

We're in the sunshine group this morning. I was sitting here looking out the back at the trees. Some of our deciduous trees still have their brown wrinkled up leaves. Funny how things pop into your head. One of my kiddos asked why some of the leafy trees didn't drop their leaves. Don't you know, I had no idea. I'd never really paid attention. I had to go look it up with him. One thing about being in a Montessori environment, you never knew what your day would bring.

Yesterday, our 'look it up' moment came when we followed our GPS's directions to find our way to the "Sausage Guy" from the Farmer's Market. All the way down 74 to Wadesboro, left turn after left turn. Then the magical "You have arrived." There was nothing there. I mean woods, nothing. No houses, no stores, just woods. So we turned around, and drove back looking further off the road. Yep, still nothing. So after three passes, DH decides it's time to call. The GPS had left turned us when we should have right turned.

We drove through Wadesboro, what a quaint little town. One day, I hope we can go explore around there. They had some cute little shops that were begging to be shopped in (but I was with two men, I didn't stand a chance since it was lunch time.) We finally made it to the shop. It was really easy, once we got directions from a real, live person.

We bought some of the best sausage in the world (bulk and link), country ham, bacon, and other stuff. While we were there, we found out they won't be out to the Farmer's Market until April. Sounds like I may get to go explore that little town after all.

My Husky is getting cleaned. So I'm planning on working on Zeke's Botany quilt, and his Hungry Little Caterpillar, since Esther's Under the Stars in on hold. I need to find borders for it and backing.

Have a great day everyone!

SewnByBee
February 5th, 2016, 11:52 AM
Hi y'all. The sun is out here but it's chilly and a cold front is moving our way.
I hope it's short lived. My to do list isn't getting any shorter, oh boy. There's more to do as the day come. Baby proofing this house is a must do, so shuffling things around will have to be done pretty soon. I'm trying to go through and get rid of some things that's not being used. It seems like it's taking forever. Maybe soon the progress will be more vissable. ..........

Stay warm out there is snow town......lol

Have a blessed day.....hugs.

...Bee

rebeccas-sewing
February 5th, 2016, 12:54 PM
Sunny day in SoCal. Kinda nervous to quilt a queen on my machine. Woke up wondering if and how I can manage it.

Navy Wife
February 5th, 2016, 02:01 PM
Sunny and cold here in Tennessee. I'm glad to see the sun after several days of clouds and rain. That's the only bad thing about east TN. It is cloudy and gray a lot in winter. No snow today, but some is coming next week. I'll have to get supplies in before that happens. DH has another epidural on Monday, so I hope it holds off till we get that done. I finished his Quilt of Valor last week. Now to get it quilted.

Patsquilting
February 5th, 2016, 03:54 PM
Hello all: Yes, it has been a very snowy day. What started 2 days ago as 3-5" for our side of the state, went to 4-6, then 6-8 - NOW we are 8-10" and we will probably hit that and maybe more. Went out when there was about 3-4" on the ground to shovel off deck, walkways and front of driveway off the road -- took over an hour. Very heavy, wet snow. Lots of tree limbs falling - and lost power. Thank goodness we now have a generator - we now have running water, flushing toilets, etc. Oh, what we take for granted until we no longer have it.

Roads are really bad - unable to visit son in the hospital today - but he is doing good - except for the pain. One day at a time.

SO - If you are in the snowy mess- please be careful. If not - enjoy the sun, etc. Have a fantastic day.

quiltingtrish
February 5th, 2016, 07:37 PM
Oh Pat, glad you didn't go see your son today with the yucky weather. Stay safe.

kayjay
February 6th, 2016, 04:47 PM
Good morning everyone. It's a snowy one here. Going to be a tricky commute this morning. It sure does look pretty though.

Got the robo-call from work a little while ago telling us we are open. Really? Just call me if we are closed please. We will probably have a bunch of people call out today since the message said we are open but if you cannot make it in because of the weather, use a vacation or personal day. I live close enough though so it shouldn't take me too long.

Looking forward to the weekend. No particular plans other than watching the Super Bowl on Sunday. Of course, I will be in my sewing room a number to times I am sure. :)

Have a great day.

Hi. I am very surprised. I work in Lawrence and we NEVER close. However, 10 miles into my trip I got the call. I hope you got in safely.
Karen