PDA

View Full Version : Awake and Hooting Night Owl @,@

kimsophia
February 5th, 2016, 02:53 AM
A hootie hoot hoo to you. I sewed a little test area of quilt top to see if things could be fitted together. I didn't realize that I'd have to match the cornerstones in the sashing to adjoining seams...somehow I figured that it was all white so you wouldn't see anything but the floating cornerstones of the floating hexagon quilt and it wouldn't be precision sewing. But up close, it looks weird if they aren't placed exactly. But I got a lot of practice in fudging seam matching from my last quilt to I think I can fake this, too. :)

How are things in your tree?

stationarymom
February 5th, 2016, 03:03 AM
Hoot I'm sitting in my tree with the cold wind blowing in from Canada,we have snow coming for tomorrow.You should see how many schools have cancelled school already and the snow hasn't started yet.I hope you figure out your seams,one thing that drives me crazy is points or seams that don't line up.I might not be a perfectionist but some things just make me crazy.

Simply Quilting
February 5th, 2016, 03:05 AM
I watched our local college teams win their basketball games tonight. It was great to see the girls win. They have had a really rough year with several things happening. I like their intern coach and am really hoping that the university will hire him as their full-time head coach. He works well the girls, the other coaches and is really upbeat towards the game. The girls have started to gain confidence in themselves. The last coach would immediately pull a girl out anytime she did any little thing wrong then scream at her in front of everyone. Just sitting the crowd made me upset at how he was treating the basketball players. Thankfully, the girls are on to better things now. The boys game was great as usual.

We had several activities out of the house today. So no sewing. Tomorrow there are a few errands then I am hoping to deal with laundry and sew tomorrow.

Granny Judy
February 5th, 2016, 05:15 AM
I finished quilting and now have the binding ready to go on this last "huge" quilt I've been on for the last 5 months. Whew, am glad to see the ending... everyone who sees it loves the color and pattern... Quatrefoil. Once washed and dried, I'll take photos.

Even had enough fabric to make a couple matching pillow cases... It all goes to the "other" Mother for her Feb 16 birthday.

I Hope your fudging and matching works out well for you Kim. I am looking at the pattern for the Thinking outside the box.. I saved and printed out the pattern that someone was kind enough to figure out and draw up a visual pattern... I have so many Jelly rolls that will work with it... It's gonna be hard to decide which one to use..

Joan, hope you don't get snowed in.... please stay warm..

S Quilting, don't cha just hate it when you miss a day of petting fabric?? At least go peek at some..

redcaboose1717
February 5th, 2016, 07:12 AM
Just watched the newest MSQC Tutorial.....what an awesome one ! Still trying to decide on what to purchase this month from MSQC...A trip to Jo-Ann's is in order as well. Starting to make a list of the things I want to do this month as far as sewing / quilting.