PDA

View Full Version : It's Saturday and I am late

Blondie
November 19th, 2011, 08:57 AM

I stayed with Moms last night and overslept. The only reason I woke up is because my dear hubs called and woke me up.

here I am good coffee (Mom only has decaf -what? I keep forgetting to carry some of the good stuff down there), hair in a towel, with a client in 45 mintues. So what am I doing? Sitting here reading about chin hair, waiting on baby machine deliveries and I hate to get up and go to work.

After I finish up today I have to run with DD to finish her grocery shopping for Turkey Day. Tomorrow I will make up some chocolate rum balls and let them age. Oh yeah, I find that everyone is really into chocolate this year. Everyone is requesting chocolate chess pie, chocolate rum balls, oreo balls, etc. Yay. We shall all pig out and fall into a food stupor while the men watch football.

No guarantees that I will back on in the morning - depends on Mom. If not, I will be here bright and early Monday morning, coffee all ready, I may even have some shortbread cookies to share. Oh, I love my Mondays.

Enjoy your weekend ladies. Come by the salon for a complimentary chin and moustache wax. Remind me to tell you sometime of my favorite waxing story. Probably won't be as funny to you as it is to me but heckfire, shoot! I like to laugh, giggle and in general smile at and for just about anything. So, smile folks.
Blessings to all.

Beakkmom
November 19th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Good morning Blondie, I'm up early DH's 'song was quite loud', but that's OK, lots to do today. DD and is coming with my grands, we'll discuss Thursday's feast. Got my hair 'touched up' by youngest DD yesterday, always a relaxing time at the salon. Not much quilting time this weekend as we start preparing for Thanksgiving company.

Blessings to all this weekend!

Loonwatcher
November 19th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Good Morning,

So windy last night. WOW! It's still pretty strong but at least we don't have the snow they are getting in NY.

Today will be busy for me. Starting with aqua aerobics class. They off the LQS where I am having 2 quilts appraised. The appraiser came to our guild meeting this month and it was very interesting. She strongly suggests you have old and new quilts appraised for insurance purposes. Most insurance companies only pay $25 for a "blanket" unless you have an appraisal. And we all know $25 just doesn't cut it. I may not have the 2nd one done. When I dug it out the other night I sadly discovered that it is coming all apart. Looks like the thread is breaking apart. And I was planning to use that quilt in the spare bedroom once we get the taping, painting and flooring done. We'll see what the appraiser says. After that, DS and I are going to Burlington (the big city...yeah right) to get paint for the bedroom and start his Christmas shopping.

Tomorrow the taper comes to finish up and I hope to get some sewing done.

Have a great weekend!

Bubby
November 19th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Good Morning All,

I promise not to sneeze on you and share my cold germs. I'm hoping I'll be able to taste food again by Thanksgiving. I'm diabetic and have to watch every bite of food I eat EXCEPT on Thanksgiving! I let loose and eat whatever I want for that one day and then get back to eating right on Black Friday. If I can't taste my food this year I think I'll cry..... DH says if I can't taste we will have a Thanksgiving re-do!!

We have no plans for the weekend...sticking close to home. I believe we are supposed to get some freezing rain or some other lovely winter mix.

I'm headed back to bed with a new box of Kleenex. Wishing you all a great weekend! Hugs all around...Barb

Monique
November 19th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Good morning all. I am happy to report that I actually feel human again. A little stuffy but not bad. I got some sewing done yesterday. I am making a bag using charm packs. Almost done.

I also sewed some spokes onto that baby quilt too.

Barb I hope you feel better soon.

Blondie, my grays are showing. I think I need to dip the hair soon. If I leave now I could be there by Monday perhaps.

Have fun shopping Nancy.

Have a terrific Saturday y'all.

MRoy
November 19th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Things are moving slowly here this morning. Up at 4:30 as usual...the song about life on a farm being kinda laid back ain't about this farm! I have no plans for today other than to catch up on some laundry, start working on the blocks from grandson's quilt and maybe take a nap. All Thanksgiving supplies are in and I'm so glad I don't have to go to the grocery.

Speaking of groceries, DH got a call from Kroger on his cell phone earlier this week telling him that the turkey he'd ordered wouldn't be ready by 10:30 as promised. That was fine except neither of us had ordered a turkey. I told DH to ask if it was paid for and, if it was, tell them he'd be coming to get it. Sorry to say, it was charged, so no turkey. Looks like one of his buddies may have been playing a practical joke and Kroger got the worst of it.

I hope everyone has a great Saturday!

Kizzie
November 19th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Morning all!! I'm starting to think that getting a cold might be contagious through forums you poor things ! Chicken soup and off to bed for you all!!!

Blondie.. tsk tsk..... nah only kidding its Saturday relaxxxxx I'm sure your client wont mind lol!!!

Nancy - I cant believe you have to get them appraised how much does an appraiser cost?? Thats definitely an interesting point!

I remeber thanksgiving last year it was my first one and I was pregnant we were over my uncles boss's house near Annapolis MD and my oh my did they put on a feast they had 20 something guests and I couldnt eat a **** thing except the salt cured ham they had... I was too sick to eat anything else except salty stuff lol!!!! lucky for the ham - I had morning sickness all the way up to a week before christmas I was going to cry if I couldnt cook and eat christmas dinner!!!!!!

Monique - Cant wait to see the bag sounds interesting!

Hope all you other lovely ladies that come on have a fabulous SATURDAY!!!!! I'm so excited I'm counting down till I can get my sewing machine!!! my last payment in on THURSDAY!!!! sooooo all I have to do now is decide when we are going to drive all the way up to NY STATE near niagara falls and pick it up..... my husband and I made the silly mistake of thinking it was in NY City!!!! wellll we just doubled our trip!!!! Hope the snow goes ok!!

Anyways sooooooo EXCITED!!!

SuziC
November 19th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!! Here with my coffee waiting for the GKids to get here. Hopefully after they leave later i can start on my lap quilt waiting in the sewing room. How bad is that to already be thinking of the leaving? I do see them everyday so is that bad?? LOL

quilter.martha
November 19th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Morning all! It's a chilly 23 degrees this morning, but the sun looks like its gonna shine and for now there's no wind (I hate the wind more than anything). It's a lovely day for a wedding, which we are going to this afternoon. Our pastor's daughter is getting married. I love a wedding! I made the couple a small summer in the park wallhanging. Thanks to Cyndi for the day of sewing AND the fabric, I was able to get it finished in time. I FMQed it in a large overall pattern. I found it difficult to sew a long smooth line when you have to constantly stop and adjust your fabric. But all in all I am happy with the out come. Here are a couple of pics of it:
11319 11320

Hope you all have a great weekend!

MRoy
November 19th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Martha, they are absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors! :icon_tup:

mianmom
November 19th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Good morning all ! Its a sunny saturday moring for us today! No more snow on the ground, it was all gone by about 9 yesterday.

I got all my new fabric cut up the last few days so that I can get all the placemats done. Woohooo Now I can start sewing them together. Ive got deer, fruit, and a brown paisley. To bad all three people have totaly different tastes.

Then tonight is the feather party, should be fun!

Hope everyone has a great day!

rebeccas-sewing
November 19th, 2011, 12:18 PM
I think yours is the loveliest "Summer in the Park" I've seen. Gosh, those colors are gorgeous. The FMQ looks great! They're gonna love it.

rebeccas-sewing
November 19th, 2011, 12:21 PM
I think yours is the loveliest "Summer in the Park" I've seen. Gosh, those colors are gorgeous. The FMQ looks great! They're gonna love it.
Morning all! It's a chilly 23 degrees this morning, but the sun looks like its gonna shine and for now there's no wind (I hate the wind more than anything). It's a lovely day for a wedding, which we are going to this afternoon. Our pastor's daughter is getting married. I love a wedding! I made the couple a small summer in the park wallhanging. Thanks to Cyndi for the day of sewing AND the fabric, I was able to get it finished in time. I FMQed it in a large overall pattern. I found it difficult to sew a long smooth line when you have to constantly stop and adjust your fabric. But all in all I am happy with the out come. Here are a couple of pics of it:
11319 11320

Hope you all have a great weekend!

rebeccas-sewing
November 19th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Oops! Tried to delete one of these posts and it didn't work. Oh well.

cyndiofthevortex
November 19th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Hi everyone,

We have a neighbor who runs a small farm right next door to us, and every year her big ol' turkeys disappear from her backyard and then, voila! I get one delivered to my door! Minus the feathers and head and feet and such. She gives us the biggest one she has since we have so many mouths to feed. Last year we had one that was 39.5 lbs! It barely fit in the over. We feel very blessed to have such a nice, generous neighbor. And you never tasted such yummy meat.

Martha, your quilt turned out wonderful. They will love it.

And to all of you who are sick, I sneezed last night. Did I catch something here? I sure hope not! There's too much to do this week! I have garlic strung all over my computer screen just in case. I'm going to add some tinsel right after Thanksgiving to give it a more festive look.

Happy weekend to all!

Cyndi

Sandy Navas
November 19th, 2011, 01:45 PM

The way things are going . . .

oldgurl4
November 19th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Good afternoon “EVERYONE”

~Blondie~ Time will Fly and it’ll All be over before you know It!
That’s the way I see it Every Day I have to come to WORK! Aaarrrggg LOL … Well Enjoy time Off with DD.
I’m Ready For The Funnies ANYTIME!! LOL..LOL…Specially when you tell them because I can READ! Your Southern Accent Too! Hee-hee Makes it sound better. Those RUM BALLS Sound DELISH!!

My Dear Son will be doing the Thanksgiving Cooking this Year!! Yeayyyy!! (well some of us didn’t have gurlz, Ya know…) Lol….
He wants to deviate from the traditional TURKEY THEME…. Sewwww since He is so Artistic… I said
“SURPRISE ME!” (Unfortunately I have to work on Thursday)
Sewww… I will Be REALLY LOOKING FORWARD !! to that Thanksgiving Dinner after work.

~Monique~ So Happy to read you are feeling better. Yes!! It was Very Windy Yesterday…. Today is a little less windy.
Can’t wait to see the Pics!

Martha~ Ohhh Wowww! They are going to LUV IT!
Gorgeous pattern… Nice Work GURL!!! Have Fun at the Wedding!

~Kizzie~ HOLA!!!.... Ohhh!! Those dreaded morning sickness…. I remmeber them like if it was yesterday...Auuurrrggg!
Well I’m Glad you will be Enjoying these Holidays and sewww HAppy to see you are going to be spending another Thanksgiving here in USA.

The machine sounds like it will be your Thanksgiving Gift…
Now! You Really gonna Be be the MOST THANKFULL Person on the Table This Year! ~You Deserve to Be~
CONGRATZ! On your New Bundle of JOY!! And No Morning sickness with this one!!Hee-hee…
What are You going to Name Her?...mine is ~LILO~ and my Surger is called ~STITCH~.

~SuziC~ I Hear YA!!! lol

~Sandy~ LOL…. Funneyyyyy!!

You All have a Blessed Day and Stay Safe
AND
Warmmmmm

KiltedQuilter
November 19th, 2011, 08:16 PM
just popping on before I head to bed.....busy day, been to visit my grandfather in his care home. Then brought granny back to our house for tea. Took her home, cooked dinner then watched a movie with the (bigger) boys. Phew!
:icon_sleep:

Night all.

BellasQuilts
November 19th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Busy day today. The huge old pine tree came down today. I loved that tree, but it got that beetle disease and was dying so we had to take it out before it fell over on us. The sunset is now streaming into my living room area and it is beautiful, but next summer we will need to figure out how to keep cool without the shade. I also finally got the software for my embroidery module and actually made a sea shell. It works nice but i will have to figure out how to use it properly. Hugs to all, hope you got rest, got better, had some fun and generally had a wonderful day. Hugs to all! Megan

toggpine
November 19th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Evening all!
I am just getting on to this thread. I watched the baby grandson this morning, and I am glad I stopped at one. I am not sure I am ready to be a grandma either, but the step-son really didn't give me a choice on that one.

I have been making limited progress today on the small quilt I am working on. I have most of the purple and green parts cut and basically sewn. I'll finish sewing those and then cut the pink and yellow flying geese segments tonight. Once everybody goes to bed around here I can usually make some great progress, as nobody is asking me for anything! Then I can sleep in a bit in the mornings.

Tonight I'll try to resize and upload some photos to freshen up my albums on here, since I'll be up anyway.

You all have a good evening or sweet dreams depending where in the world you are!
Hugs, Cathy

Mrs.Sew&Sew
November 19th, 2011, 11:18 PM
LoL I LOVE reading your stories Blondie! And everyone else as well! Martha that quilt is gorgeous!

Sorry so late commenting on here I had work this morning! LOL just house work! Ugh!

HandsOffItsMine
November 20th, 2011, 12:20 AM
Super Duper Cute and the colors are great! Like the quilting too!