PDA

View Full Version : Thursday morning hellos

Blondie
February 4th, 2016, 08:19 AM

Good Morning, and Hello Folksies!

Is it Thursday already? Yes, m'am. It's gonna be a Thursday all day long. Work in just a very short while - so glad that the snow is all melted thanks to the rain and wind yesterday. Some of the wind gusts were quite hearty. I was happy to sit and hand quilt and even did a few rows of crochet on a long muffler I have been working on. While my hands and fingers ache with each stitch and each row, I tell myself that if you don't use it, you lose it, so I stitched on quite happy that I am able to do it. The quilt needs just a few more stitches and then I shall be ready to add the binding to get 'er done. Woo Hoo. I have been working on this monster for almost a year. You heard me right. It is a king size. It is heavy, cumbersome when quilting, it will be so lovely when done. I will have to bring it to the laundry to wash and dry. No way it will fit in my little machines.

I recently needed to order some machine needles and found this terrific deal on Amazon: Robot Check (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0042BUQIY?keywords=Organ%20Sewing%20Machine%20Nee dles%20100%20Count%20Size%2014&qid=1454583407&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1)
The shipping was free and I couldn't believe how FAST they arrived. If you are needing some at a good price, take a gander.

I would like to take a moment and announce to everyone here that I am tickled pink to see my Carolina Panthers play in the Super Bowl this weekend. Normally, we would have a big party; not sure that is gonna happen this weekend, since Steve is going to be out of town. The countdown will soon begin for DD and family to leave us and move to Florida. I am doing a bit better about their impending move. I am not happy about it, how could I be? But I know if I were in their shoes, at their age, I would jump at the opportunity. So, I will give my blessings and trust their future to the Lord. Their house will go on the market in March sometime.

Hoping that each of you will have a super weekend. I am staying with Mom tonite, so I doubt seriously that I will be online in the morning. I will consider it a super duper bonus if I am home in time to get ready for work and sit here for a minute.

Take a moment today and be thankful for all you have as opposed to what you don't have. Sometimes that does help to keep life in perspective. And while you are reflecting, I bet a smile will cross your face. So, go ahead and smile!

Monique
February 4th, 2016, 08:27 AM
Good morning. GO PANTHERS!! That is Greg's team as well which makes it my team too.

I stayed in yesterday and quilted. I finished the 'inside' and I think I need to do the little border as well. That will have to be done in a hoop. This will be the last of a quiet week until nearly the end of February. I start working next Tuesday and finish on the 19th.

I was talking with Greg last night. He moves on the 26th of March. He and Ashley leave on the 21st of Feb. to go apartment/house hunting. Like you Blondie, I am sad that he is going back out west but it is only for 3 years.

Les has an appointment with the nurse this morning for his diabetes. We will see how that goes.

Have a wonderful day friends.

Patsquilting
February 4th, 2016, 08:42 AM
Good Morning, All: Blondie - you couldn't have said it better -- YES, be thankful of what you have rather than not have. Always try to keep a smile - YES, it can be very hard at times, but you never know when someone who you smile at may be in a worse fate than you are.

Heading back to hospital this morning to be with son - can't do much, but at least I'm there and if he does need help - mom is there. Getting hand sewing done - brought a bunch of scrap pieces for english paper piece hexagon 1 1/2' size. Got lots done yesterday. Keeps your mind off other things.

Have a wonderful day everyone - snow expected here tomorrow so will make the most of today. Grateful for all the prayers sent our way yesterday - I know they are being heard!

Ginny B
February 4th, 2016, 09:07 AM
Good morning. Happy Thursday. Lots of rain and wind here yesterday and the snow is almost totally gone. Of course, we may see a bit of it return tomorrow and possibly next week.

It's been busy at work this week. Regular "stuff" to do and then we are moving a bunch of people/equipment around so it's a bustling place. We should be finished and have everyone settled by the end of the day.

Looking forward to the game on Sunday. It's been fun watching the Panthers this year. It should be a good game.

Have a great Thursday everyone

Bubby
February 4th, 2016, 09:48 AM
Morning....

That's a good word for us today, Blondie.

I've been up for several hours to get some sewing done. All I got done was hours of Pinterest and YouTube.

Wishing everyone a cozy and safe day. I have countless chores to get done today. Hugs All Around......

SewnByBee
February 4th, 2016, 10:57 AM
Good morning everybody.
Swing hi before I dive back into the paper work I'm so slow at. This is one thing I hate doing. Maybe when I get some better visual arts I want free it so bad. ......something. I've got to look into.

Have a blessed, safe, warm, happy day.

Yep.......COFFEE....IS IN MUCH DEMAND. TODAY.

...............................125482.......:icon_ wave:

gshannon1008
February 4th, 2016, 11:46 AM
Good Morning everyone,
I have been missing a minute from the forum. Just taking in life, cleaning up and out and readjusting my routines. Started walking everyday...Yeah! I am so grateful for fine friends, family and health. I am grateful for forum friends that inspire, motive and nurture my creativity. They also keep me in "stitches" Hope everyone has a great day and GO Panthers!

JCY
February 4th, 2016, 11:50 AM
Good Thursday Morning ~ The sun is shining. It was a chilly 8 deg. this a.m. The official snowfall for our storm from Sun. night to Tues. noon was 13.8", so it totaled more than I had measured in the back yard. I know it was a lot of snow. So thankful for our snow angel from church. This time he brought his snow blower. He also clears our patio in the back yard. Some of the mtn. communities & ski areas got anywhere from 20-30". Great for the skiers.

Yes, the Super Bowl approaches. Of course, I'm rooting for the Denver Broncos. I suspect this might be Peyton Manning's last year. It would be great if he could go out with a Super Bowl win.

I'm making progress on the Valentine's Ribbon Star table runner. Just one block to finish, then I'll be ready to do the sashing & corner stones. I hope everyone has a good day.

GrammaBabs
February 4th, 2016, 01:14 PM
So true.. (choosing the SMILE):))))

I know how such a move can affect you my dear friend.... BUT as I've learned, putting my trust in God for all that is good in life, is the answer... So many positive and happy things have happened since my son's move to FL.... Being a Mom and "letting go" is such a difficult thing! With no marriage or children to keep him grounded, it is always a worry,, but the move was the best thing for both of us, i just know it!!!!
I'll keep you all in my prayers... Hugs, GB

rebeccas-sewing
February 4th, 2016, 03:10 PM
I've been up early to get my yearly exam out of the way. Always fun to catch up with my doc. He and I have fun talking together during my checkups. Planning to bake a banana cake today to share at my friends' super bowl party so I better get crackin'. Have a happy day everyone!

Kat Smith
February 4th, 2016, 03:22 PM
Hi All,

Blondie, I feel for you, I remember when my oldest moved to the other side of the city and I thought I would never see him again. I am very grateful that all my children live within 15 min of me.

Don't know if I will get much of anything done today. I was suppose to babysit my 5 mth old granddaughter Lucy today but her Dad decided to stay home. Probably just as well, I am very stiff today and it would have been a long day with a wee one. Was in the basement last night just before bed and took a load out of the washer, was walking over to the drier and tripped on something and went down hard. The cement floor met my knees pretty good, Hubby was in bed and I thought I was going to be lying there on wet cloths till morning. I was worried I had broken something cause I went in to shock right away. I guess I was moaning pretty good cause he came looking for me...... finally. After he recreated the crime scene and figured out what I had tripped on, commented on accidents in the home, laughed a little, he helped me up. Needless to say I have to go down and pick up the cloths off the floor and re wash them today. I guess I should report that he is recovering from his late night basement injury as well.

Have a great day everyone, careful in those basements!

Kathy

SewnByBee
February 4th, 2016, 04:37 PM
Kathy...och....bless your heart. Hope you feel better soon. You be careful, falling around and doing tricks.....lol. Take care.