PDA

View Full Version : Need prayers please

Patsquilting
February 3rd, 2016, 09:01 AM
I am getting ready to leave my house for the hospital - My son is having 3 vertebrae in his lower back fused this morning - using bone from his hip. He will be out of work for at least 6 months. (this is a guy who does not sit still - is always working) Please keep him in prayer that God will guide drs hands and all will go great and that the healing is not as painful as the drs are saying - Keep his wife in prayer that she will have the patience as he recoups. Keep me and my husband in prayer as his parents - that we (especially me) don't lose it from the stress.

Otherwise - I hope everyone has a wonderful day - whether you are having snow or rain (us rain later today). Beautiful sunrise!! Look for beauty in all things.

Thanks to all.

CraftyJnet
February 3rd, 2016, 09:07 AM
My prayers are with you and your family.

dwil23
February 3rd, 2016, 09:08 AM
Prayers coming your way, Pat. I'm praying for the medical staff, your son, you and family and for a speedy healing. Please keep us posted.

Bubby
February 3rd, 2016, 09:20 AM
I will be praying....

Ginny B
February 3rd, 2016, 09:24 AM
Prayers on the way for you and your family.

quiltingtrish
February 3rd, 2016, 09:34 AM
My prayers are on their way, Pat for the surgeons and your son's healing.

YellowCockatiel
February 3rd, 2016, 09:41 AM
Saying a prayer right now and will keep you/family on my prayer list.

MRoy
February 3rd, 2016, 10:05 AM
Prayers for you, your son and your family!

Cathy F
February 3rd, 2016, 10:36 AM
Sending prayers and positive thoughts for your son and family. My husband had this surgery on his cervical spine 18 years ago. We did not harvest bone from his hip but used cadaver bone which was processed for
his surgery. I know the anxiety you must be having as I was very stressed while he was undergoing this. I am happy to say he is still feeling great and has had no problems since the surgery.

TRLSRL72
February 3rd, 2016, 10:39 AM
Sending prayers. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

MayinJerset
February 3rd, 2016, 11:16 AM
Prayers for all coming from me also.

GrammaBabs
February 3rd, 2016, 12:26 PM
Will be thinking positive thoughts and saying some prayers for this young man today... :)) GB

jjkaiser
February 3rd, 2016, 12:35 PM
Thinking of you all today and hoping for the best possible outcome. And try not to worry if the surgery goes longer than expected. Often they get started a little late so it is not unusual for the actual surgery to get underway an hour after they wheel him in. Just don't jump to the conclusion things are going badly because it is taking so long. Even though all that waiting can be so stressful!! Please keep us posted.

mommamarsh
February 3rd, 2016, 01:23 PM
Thoughts for healing,strength,comfort, and patience .

ceiliam
February 3rd, 2016, 01:38 PM
Prayers, thoughts and cyber hugs being sent your way

Simply Quilting
February 3rd, 2016, 03:14 PM
Prayers for the surgery and recovery.

songbird857
February 3rd, 2016, 03:30 PM
Praying here too...

judimccl
February 3rd, 2016, 03:30 PM
Will say prayers for your son that he has a successful surgery, and a peaceful healing period. It will be difficult if he is used to being active for sure. Also asking God to wrap his arms around the family and give them comfort in dealing with the stress that this will cause for all.

SewnByBee
February 3rd, 2016, 04:02 PM
I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers....... remember, you can't help him by worrying....... have faith that everything will be OK.........it will. Keep in touch, on his progress.

cv quilter
February 3rd, 2016, 07:19 PM
Prayers for all of you! Good thoughts being sent.

easyquilts
February 3rd, 2016, 08:13 PM
My prayers are with you..., please let us know how the surgery went.

alliek
February 3rd, 2016, 10:04 PM
Prayers for healing and peace being said.

Patsquilting
February 3rd, 2016, 10:50 PM
Thank you all for your prayers. His surgery lasted almost 3 1/2 hours (instead of 2 hrs) They said all went well - considering. Will be in a lot of pain for several months - I pray that it won't be that long - one day at a time. Patience, lots of patience will be needed.

Again - thank you all!!

DebbieDoodle
February 3rd, 2016, 11:13 PM
I am praying for all of you. May God keep him pain free, and recover without complications.

quiltingtrish
February 3rd, 2016, 11:20 PM
Continued prayers are coming from here, Pat.

SallyO'Sews
February 3rd, 2016, 11:51 PM
Just saw this, Pat; hope all went well. Praying for all of you (I'm in the Hartford area).
Blessings,
~ Sally \0/

GlendaM
February 4th, 2016, 08:54 AM
Glad to hear that all went well with the surgery. Praying that God heals him in record time. Hugs