PDA

View Full Version : special request......

bubba
February 3rd, 2016, 04:00 AM
My daughter is friends with this little boys family. He has just been put on hospice and is not well. His parents refuse to give up.

One thing he'd really like is a postcard from every state, even from other countries!! If you are able to do so, please send him one.

Thank you so very much!

This little boy is incredibly brave. About 1.5 years ago he became very sick, after a couple months, he was diagnosed with brain cancer. He was in the hospital for a long time. He went through treatment, chemo and radiation, and his mom and dad were optimistic the cancer was gone. Unfortunately, in the past couple of weeks, the doctors said the cancer is back and it is, at this point, untreatable. This family has gone through so much, and now they have been told their little boy only has time.

A post card or a card costs $1 a stamp is pretty cheap too. Please, take a moment to send one to Preston. He's put up a kick ass fight and deserves to feel all the love in the world during this little time he has left.

**yes, I do personally know his Mama, Elena Scott. They have been through so much and only have the unimaginable to go through at this point. There is also a go find me if you are interested in donating.

ceiliam
February 3rd, 2016, 08:14 AM
Would love to ,however what address do we send it to. Oops see address . duh

KarenC
February 3rd, 2016, 09:15 AM
It's hard to read the city with that font. My eyes aren'to the best. Can you tell me the city? Would love to send one

Patsquilting
February 3rd, 2016, 09:17 AM
Will send one out today! Prayers to him and his family

dwil23
February 3rd, 2016, 09:33 AM
Will do. I cannot imagine what his parents are going through at this point.

YellowCockatiel
February 3rd, 2016, 09:39 AM
It's hard to read the city with that font. My eyes aren'to the best. Can you tell me the city? Would love to send one

If I read it correctly, the address is:

Preston
20717 1st Street E
Spanaway, WA 98387

Suzette
February 3rd, 2016, 09:50 AM
The address is:

Preston
20717 1st Ave. E
Spanaway, WA 98387

I will happily get a postcard to this sweet boy in the mail today.

TRLSRL72
February 3rd, 2016, 10:33 AM
Would love to send a post card to this sweet little boy. Prayers for this family.

MayinJerset
February 3rd, 2016, 11:30 AM
Prayers for such a brave little guy and his family. Sent him two, one from NJ and other from Brooklyn NY, my hometown.

Nene
February 3rd, 2016, 11:38 AM
Will send him one. Prayers to him and his family.

songbird857
February 3rd, 2016, 03:31 PM
I'll get one out tomorrow, Pat...

bubba
February 3rd, 2016, 04:12 PM
Yes, the correct address is -

20717 1st Av E
Spanaway WA 98387

When I posted this request, I did not realize it was hard to read....sorry!

And many thanks for all who have or are sending him cards!

JCY
February 3rd, 2016, 10:35 PM
My card is ready to go out in tomorrow's mail. I have a large stash of greeting cards. I found one with a photo of Colorado's Rocky Mountains. I bet their mailbox will be flooded with mail. Prayers going up for Preston & his family. It's a tough journey to travel.

stationarymom
February 4th, 2016, 04:01 AM
where can I get a postcard? Will a card be ok if I can't find a postcard?

bubba
February 4th, 2016, 04:09 AM
where can I get a postcard? Will a card be ok if I can't find a postcard?

Last place I saw a post card was Hawaii!! I'm sure a card would be fine and thank you so very much!

redcaboose1717
February 4th, 2016, 05:24 AM
Will get a couple of postcards out today....( I live in a city that has more than one tourist attraction.....here's a couple that I know I can get postcards of.
1) The Michigan Space Center
http://heroicrelics.org/mssc/index.html

2) The Cascades Falls
https://youtu.be/UJYGWkZ9j7g
( if you watch the entire video ....you can see night time lights and also what the park looks like during the day. At 6:50 minutes on the video you can see the Cascades Park during the day.
( this is a man-made water fall that boasts a county park etc. The Cascade Falls Park is open from May to Sept each year for the public to view. You can park and walk up and down ( the sides have steps ) and then you can also sit ( bring lawn chairs of course ) to view the changing lights of the falls.) Sorry the video isn't that great ....but it gives a view of the Falls at night and at the end of the video there's some daylight footage of the Cascades Falls as well. ( no I didn't take the video ! LOL )

redcaboose1717
February 4th, 2016, 11:50 PM
IF you have tourist centers around your area, they probably have postcards......or check Wal-Mart ( calling them would be a good idea )
You could also turn a greeting card into a post card ......by just sending the front of the card ( using the blank other side to address the "post card " to Preston and his family.....There's a lot of 99 cent cards out there, but first I would either check Wal-Mart or Kmart or a local tourist center that you might live close to

JCY
February 5th, 2016, 01:24 AM
Our Wal-Mart carries many postcards -- pictures of wildlife, the Rocky Mountains, Colorado scenery, etc. They're in the front of the store near the check stands. There's a section of touristy items. Many airport gift shops carry postcards, too. You could make your card on the computer & add a pic. Lots of ideas out there. It's the thought that counts.