PDA

View Full Version : Chin hair...bah.

Gayle8675309
November 19th, 2011, 01:18 AM
I'm 47 and at this rate I'm going to be shaving alongside my DH in the mornings!

Sheesh...always thought I'd age gracefully, but chin hair???? UGH!

meemeecyn
November 19th, 2011, 01:31 AM
It's all downhill from here, Gayle. I finally bought one of those electric tweezers from Vermont Country Store. After a time of using it, it doesn't hurt much. The things we have to do!!!!
Cynthia

mitzs
November 19th, 2011, 03:00 AM
Oh Gayle honey, that is what hot wax is for!

Genny
November 19th, 2011, 03:15 AM
I agree, I use wax too.

toggpine
November 19th, 2011, 04:38 AM
I figured that by 40 I'd have stopped with the acne too, but no. Chin hair and pimples! ****. Getting old is NOT for sissies.

mianmom
November 19th, 2011, 06:23 AM
Wax is a girls best friend! Toook hormone shots for a couple of years trying to get pregnant and it really screwed up the whole works. Wax from the nose to the neck. Oh and never got pregnant with the shots. Had to give up completely for three years to get the beautiful little girl that we have.

rebeccas-sewing
November 19th, 2011, 06:24 AM
It's like the other day in the market. This dear old lady had one bottle of water to buy. I, being the American that I am, had loads of groceries. I told her she could go ahead of me. Poor dear, it took her forever to get it paid for and packed away before she moved away from the register. The cashier was apologizing for the delay. I told her no apology necessary. "One of these days you and I are going to be old and hopefully the younger set will be patient with us." She laughed, but it's true. Now that I've turned 60 I pay closer attention to the elderly knowing it won't be long before I'm in the same boat, God willing. Wouldn't it be nice if chin hair was the only adjustment we'll have to make for growing older! I look at my mom and see that she really isn't living anymore. She just turned 91 this year. Sometimes I'm not so sure keeping people alive with all this expensive medication is for THEIR benefit. The thing is those pills have kept her alive for many GOOD years but now the years aren't so good anymore. We keep giving her the pills but is it the right thing to do? I can't imagine NOT giving them to her. That would be like pulling the plug. Not going that route.

I'd better end here. This post is rapidly going downhill. LOL Sorry folks. Anyway back to the subject of chin hair. Unwanted hair is a pain in the butt!

a1angiem
November 19th, 2011, 08:30 AM
my friend (who's my age...45) was at the store and a little kid went by with her dad and said "daddy...is that Grandma?" I died laughing!!! So I only have a year before the chin hairs should start...although I'm like a Mexican hairless cat and hope that works to counter-balance the crazy hairs!

Beakkmom
November 19th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Chin hair and lip hair - I have a friend with hair so thin that her pink scalp just shines through the hair, she says no respectable flea would be caught dead in her hair. Growing old is not for the weak - iti s for those with a good sense of humor! My DS and I watched our parents age, and vowed that we'd age well - if we have aches and pains we've promised to keep the complalints to ourselves - she who forgets will get wacked with the others cane.... If we ever start using canes that threat will hold more weight :)

MRoy
November 19th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Getting old isn't for sissies....that's for sure! BUT, thinking of the alternative makes it easier.

Bubby
November 19th, 2011, 09:30 AM
At least the unwanted hair women get is relatively easy to see and take care of...unlike men who grow hair in their ears and out their nose! When my daughter came to visit she brought along her No-No Hair Remover. You run it over your unwanted hair and it zaps it. You can smell singed hair, which is pretty gross. She swears that after a short time your unwanted hair is gone forever. It costs close to $300, but I think it would be worth it if you really have a real hairy problem!!! I recently bought a magnifying mirror to help me see to pluck my eyebrows. OMG!!!! The things you see with a magnifyer....!!!!!!!!!!! It's way worse than I even imagined!!!! Hugs, Barb

Loonwatcher
November 19th, 2011, 09:34 AM
I figured that by 40 I'd have stopped with the acne too, but no. Chin hair and pimples! ****. Getting old is NOT for sissies.

Boy do I need a facial!

I get brows (because I can't see them to pluck) and lip waxed every time I go for a haircut. Between her and myself we manage to pluck the chin hairs. Seems the more I wax the slower the hair grows - at least on the brows. There seems to be no stopping the lip and chin hairs - darn them!

inspired
November 19th, 2011, 10:37 AM
I am going to be 60 soon and suffer from the hair issue . I have the "scary" mirror also. The big problem is trying to manouver the tweezers with glasses on...it is so ridiculous but would be very humorous if anyone ever watched the procedure! As I was reading all the posts I realized how this forum is like sitting with your best friend sharing

inspired
November 19th, 2011, 10:42 AM
I am going to be 60 soon and suffer from the hair issue . I have the "scary" mirror also. The big problem is trying to manouver the tweezers with glasses on...it is so ridiculous but would be very humorous if anyone ever watched the procedure! As I was reading and being entertained by all the posts I realized how this forum is like sitting with your best friend sharing coffee and all our little secrets. We are so lucky to have this forum!!! Val

Gayle8675309
November 19th, 2011, 11:45 AM
LOL at everyone! I'm glad I'm not alone here! :)

debinmalaga
November 19th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Gayle, I'm 47 too, and it does suck. This is the year that suddenly my eyelids are crinkly and it's hard to use eyeliner pencil, the bags under my eyes have reproduced, and now I apparently have chin hair to look forward to. Great! I did have one rogue chin hair show up suddenly - one day it wasn't there, the next day it was an inch long! My oldest son, 23 at the time, noticed it, and said "Hey, Greybeard!" He's lucky he's still breathing.

I'm 47 and at this rate I'm going to be shaving alongside my DH in the mornings!

Sheesh...always thought I'd age gracefully, but chin hair???? UGH!

cyndiofthevortex
November 19th, 2011, 12:13 PM
This is the funniest forum EVER! You just never know what kind of tips you're going to find here! I didn't know there was a Sisterhood of Chin Hair Int. I thought I was the only one! Now at least I'll think of you all and laugh when I find 'em and wonder, where in the world did that come from? It wasn't there yesterday!

debinmalaga
November 19th, 2011, 12:17 PM
As I was reading and being entertained by all the posts I realized how this forum is like sitting with your best friend sharing coffee and all our little secrets. We are so lucky to have this forum!!! Val

So true, Val!

BellasQuilts
November 19th, 2011, 12:17 PM
I love it when you finally get used to the darn "whiskers" popping out then they turn GRAY!!!

Sandy Navas
November 19th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Just when I think menopause can't be any worse, my husband decided to shave his moustache. Now I'm the only one in the family with one.

Aprilisslowlylearntoquilt
November 19th, 2011, 04:01 PM
I have to say this is the best thing I've read in a while that made me just laugh lol, I get my eyebrows, my chin, and the top of lip waxed, forget that tweezing stuff, but makes you wonder, why us beautiful ladies have to go through so much to stay beautiful... sheesh...

Gayle8675309
November 19th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Just when I think menopause can't be any worse, my husband decided to shave his moustache. Now I'm the only one in the family with one.

LOL Sandy! :)

jackkris1969
November 19th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Well, I guess I belong to the group of chin/lip and eyebrow hair! I was feeling pretty low today and now all the sudden I'm laughing out loud. You guys are great. No one has said much to me about the unwanted hair, but my 23 yr old grandson whom I love dearly freaked me out the other day. While cooking dinner, he came in a wrapped his arms around my neck from the back like he always has once he was taller than me and all the sudden he said "Grandma, you're getting moldy"!!!! MOLDY?????????? He preceeded to tell me it was the sun/liver spots or whatever they are on the back of my hands...noticing my shock lol, he added: "but you're still beautiful and you sure can cook good". LOL..gotta love him.

Patrice
November 19th, 2011, 06:11 PM
I find it funny that I never find the chin hairs until I am at work. My mirror at home refuses to show them to me. I had to start keeping tweezers in my purse because of that..but what really gets me is how in the world one of my family members can't see them and tell me so I don't walk out of the house like that!

zenkitty
November 19th, 2011, 08:39 PM
my chin hairs have now turned WHITE! omg...

inspired
November 20th, 2011, 12:55 AM
OMG! I am sitting here laughing like crazy! Sandy you are so funny!!!! How can I possibly explain this to my husband .I really needed this therapy and there it was...Val

Nena
November 20th, 2011, 01:31 AM
chin hair, lip hair---grey hair----there ought to be a law!!!!! It takes longer and longer in the bathroom to get ready for work. gone are the days of getting up, throwing on a tee shirt and a pair of jeans, brushing hair and teeth and running out the door and looking really good. Oh well---my sewing machine loves me with my pj's on, messy hair and a cup of coffee in my hands. Thank god for the simple things in life.

mitzs
November 20th, 2011, 06:09 AM
I had an aunt who use to shave her upper lip. I remember the first time I seen her doing it, I was about 7 or so. So the helpful soul that I am thought I would inform her that girls shaved their legs like my mommy did. Not their faces like my daddy. Next thing I know I am being yelled at, shoved out of the bathroom with the door being slammed behind me. Well, I ran to my mom crying because, well, a screaming face covered in shaving cream is quit terrifying to a 7yr old! When asked what happen, I told her I was only trying to help and she needed to go help Aunt D, she didn't even know how to shave right. I could tell my mom was confused and when I explained she didn't even know how to shave right & that she was shaving her face like daddy, laughter exploded though the kitchen. I was sent to bed with a stern lecture I was not to EVER mention that again and when I was older mom would explain things. I am still put out over being sent to bed early that night! :D