PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday here I come

Blondie
February 2nd, 2016, 07:40 AM

Hello folksies!

While I don't text I always think of my crew when I wake up! I've been awake a little bit; had to puppy sit Beau the poodle yesterday and last night he shared my sleeping space. Beau has got to be the happiest little pooch I've ever been blessed to know. I won't wax on about him, let's just say it wouldn't hurt my feelings to keep him permanently. We are most sympatico.

So, Tuesday. yesterday besides having the extra pooch, I spent most of the day trying to reach the mechanic who worked on my little old pick me up truck. A new starter was put in and it seems to be faulty. SOOOOO, no wheels again. good grief. I am wondering if the universe is trying to give me a message. I do so not like being grounded. However, I do like not being the designated everything for everyone everyday. Kinda nice to be able to say no wheels, so sorry. I am calling AAA this morning and get that mechanic busy.

I got some more hand quilting done yesterday; hope to finish it and the binding as well. Can't wait to throw it in the washer and dryer. Ever feel that way at the end of a quilt?

My sweet friends, I will try to poke my head back in later. Blessings and smiles!

Monique
February 2nd, 2016, 07:56 AM
Good morning everyone. Have an awesome day Blondie.

I spent most of the day yesterday quilting. One more 'row' to go and then I think I can call it done. I have some errands to do today and a meeting tonight.

Have a great day everyone.

ceiliam
February 2nd, 2016, 08:17 AM
Morning all. Blondie sorry abt your pickup truck, hope they get it right this time. Nothing exciting here so hope all have a great day. Cecelia

Blondie
February 2nd, 2016, 08:27 AM
Oh and how could I forget? Happy Groundhog Day!

(can you tell I was needing some extra coffee???)

Ginny B
February 2nd, 2016, 08:59 AM
Good morning. Happy Groundhog's Day. No quilting/sewing for me yesterday. I have noticed that Monday's seem to be the day that I don't head into the sewing room either before or after work. I guess it's just a Monday thing. I'll see what happens after work today. Dinner is all set to just pop into the oven so no prep time needed for that later so I may have some time to spend with some fabric.

Blondie, I hope your truck gets fixed soon. Have a great day everyone.

RFREE
February 2nd, 2016, 09:12 AM
Good morning all. Blondie being without a vehicle is rough. That is when I want to go somewhere bad! We have an extra just for that reason. We have a Kia Sephia we bought new back in 2000. It is rough as a cob but it runs and is great on gas. We have kicked around trading it several times but in the end decided to keep it and have been sooooo glad we did several times over.
Gonna be a rainy ,windy,stormy day today. Lets just pray no tornadoes come out of this. I hate this kind of weather. February too.
Yall have a great day. Off to school I go!! High ho high ho................

MayinJerset
February 2nd, 2016, 09:25 AM
Having my first cup of coffee to start my day off the right way, hope you all are doing the same.
Not too much on our agenda today, food shopping this morning and sewing this afternoon is pretty much it. Weather has been pretty nice this week, sunny and a bit warm for February so I'm not complaining.

Hope Blondie gets her wheels back ASAP. I hate it when I my car isn't available, I may not need to go anywhere but I want to know I can if I have to.

EnumclawGramma
February 2nd, 2016, 09:26 AM
Good Morning! It's Groundhog day?? I've seen nothing on the news about it. Only the primaries in Iowa. And nothing else. Only that. Nothing else going on anywhere in the world. Just the Iowa Caucus. Ugh.
Finishing up my first cuppa and then I'm off to fill my suitcase and decide how many games, crafts, snacks to take to the Grands. I slept very little last night, so I'm moving pretty slow. I'm still debating packing up my sewing machine and hauling it and a couple projects along with me. I am taking my Mollie with me, and she knows something's up because the suitcase is out. I think she's worried because she seems a little punky. She'll be twirling and dancing when she sees me get her harness out! Oh the simple joys of being my spoiled little dog.

Ok, the news just broke for a special announcement: No Shadow, early Spring!

Now go celebrate and have a wonderful day! Hugs!

susie i
February 2nd, 2016, 10:29 AM
Happy Tuesday!Rainy day here so I will be heading to my sewing room{aka dining room}.I thought I was finished with the rag quilt for my oldest son only to realize it was too short.I added a row to the top and bottom and now just a few more snips,wash and dry it,and it will be on it's way to him along with the drawstring bags I made for his wife and her sister.Blondie,hope you get your truck fixed soon.It's no fun being grounded.

Sandy Navas
February 2nd, 2016, 11:24 AM
Good Morning! It's Groundhog day?? I've seen nothing on the news about it. Only the primaries in Iowa. And nothing else. Only that. Nothing else going on anywhere in the world. Just the Iowa Caucus. Ugh.

Speed reading often gets me in trouble. I read this as: "Only the PRIMATES in Iowa."

SewnByBee
February 2nd, 2016, 11:26 AM
Morning all..........125355

Early spring would be wonderful. It can't come soon enough for me.

I'm having my coffee trying to get started. I just couldn't get it going yesterday. I may be slow today but I have things that have to be done.
I posted late yesterday, and put up pictures of the waterfall we got to see on our ride Sunday. If anyone wants to see them.

Hope you all have a good day and a blessed week.😉

Grandma Nan
February 2nd, 2016, 11:41 AM
Good morning everyone

I haven't done a morning post for a while but I have been reading- New Year's resolution to spend less time on the computer. Plus my screen on my computer is getting too small - I seem to have to enlarge everything these days. I am doing much better and have started going to the gym- just a gentle workout at this time as I am still recovering from some surgery I had early in January. We have a new Planet Fitness just opened up and it is very convenient and they emphasize that it is a "Non judgemental zone" and it really is. Their employees are very nice and certainly not super jocks-just regular people.

In November I had my eyes checked and found out I have cataracts on both eyes. Hgh?? I'm too young for that but I guess the doctor knows better. I am looking forward to getting them done. Apparently with the kind of lens they are putting in (I paid a small amount for an upgraded lens) there is a very strong possibility that I will not have to wear glasses. So next week, on Wednesday, I will get the first eye done and then on the 24th February I will have the second one done. I am very hopeful of throwing away the glasses.

Hope everyone has a Happy GroundHog day and I am still fighting the demons of wanting to buy the DD every day. I think I have only given in twice since Christmas.

klgls
February 2nd, 2016, 12:47 PM
Speed reading often gets me in trouble. I read this as: "Only the PRIMATES in Iowa."

Same difference? :)

RockinLou
February 2nd, 2016, 12:52 PM
Hello Friends! I'm keeping a promise to myself for more sleep this week and retiring early. I am slowly chipping away at a lengthy to-do-list for work, but despite that list, I'm still feeling less overwhelmed now than I have at any time in the school year.

It was sunny and warm (well, above freezing) this afternoon so I got myself ready to go for a walk, it's been too long since I fell out of my daily exercise routine. To my surprise my 7 year old asked to tag along, and though I expected her to quit and go home early, she stuck with me for the whole walk, which was about a mile. We arrived home just in time for dinner on the table.

We've also been playing board games instead of i-Pad or TV in the evenings, and it's much more peaceful. It's a good reminder that sometimes it's about the quality time.

I'm going to go and get myself to bed before I find myself looking for Chocolate in the kitchen....

JCY
February 2nd, 2016, 02:40 PM
I think the snow finally has quit. I was out earlier & swept the ledge on the side of the house where the siding meets the bricks. The snow collects there, so we remove it asap so it doesn't soak into the wood siding. Swept off the window well covers so it's not so dark down in the bsmt. Took some pics. We got 7" over night. On top of the 4" we had prior, out storm total is 11". Our volunteer snow angel from church shovels for us, which is a big help. Our snow blower died several yrs. ago; it's too much for me to do anymore. Schools are closed today. Many flights at Denver were canceled yest. & this a.m. Not as big a storm as some we've had around here when we got 2 feet of snow.

Today I plan to do more work on the taxes & the Ribbon Star table runner. Grandma Nan, I wish you well with your cataract surgeries. DH has developing cataracts which the dr. is monitoring. Not bad enough yet for surgery.

Claire Hallman
February 2nd, 2016, 04:12 PM
I am in the same boat, cooking me up some cataracts. They don't seem to bother me, I was surprised when the doc said I had them, they [and I[ are not ready for surgery yet.
I am heading down to sew shortly, I have more borders to put on my Fields of Blue then comes the fun part:icon_rolleyes: lots of applique. This was in the McCall's mag for Jan and it just said to me that I needed to make it. I had some gorgeous fabric that my DS and DIL gave me for my birthday two years ago, I have been slowly adding to it and only needed to order something for the outside border plus lots of fusible web.
Have a lovely day and stay safe, we are in for some severe storms but they will hopefully be a non event.

Patsquilting
February 2nd, 2016, 06:38 PM
Happy Groundhog day!! Blondie, I feel your pain. Last week I had my car in the shop for "routine" oil change, etc - BUT, it is only 1/4 mile from my LQS so guess where I stayed for the day - until it was done. THEN, I had to bring it back today for more work - YUP - Oh, Darn - another day at the quilt shop - sewing, talking, etc. Except for the major expense of vehicle repairs, it was a fantastic one.

It is a beautiful day here in CT - lots of rain supposed to be moving in tomorrow.

Have a great afternoon all.

quiltingtrish
February 2nd, 2016, 07:36 PM
Oh boy - was it beautiful out today. I don't know what the temperature got to but I didn't even wear a coat in to work this morning. The glorious sun was out most of the day - unfortunately I will need an umbrella tomorrow. It's still better than snow any day.
Still plugging away on a small attic windows wall hanging. So far, it's taken me longer to choose the color of the sills and frame part of the piece than it does to sew it together. Need to figure out a way to put a design wall in the quilt room so it's easier to see what things will look like when finished.
Off to make dinner so I still have time to pop downstairs to play tonight.

quiltingtrish
February 3rd, 2016, 12:08 AM
Finished that top, and started 2 more! Once I get those 2 tops finished, I'll line them up and quilt them one after the other so they all get finished about the same time before I move on to the next project. All 3 are wildflowers - just different scenes - so they will go in separate rooms. :)