PDA

View Full Version : Hooting before the snow

kimsophia
February 2nd, 2016, 03:07 AM
Well, here in Iowa it is before the snow, anyway. You folks in the Western U.S. have already been hit...but it's good for the drought, right? :)

I seem to be off on a tangent of making a dog bed since the Man Sewing tutorial came out...but it would be a cat/person bed around here. I disassembled an old comforter and have that batting rolled into a long bolster held together at the moment with wide masking tape as I experiment with ideas.

I'm very mad at the Bulls right now and am going to start watching the Warriors, so I don't have to feel so frustrated. :icon_bah: Not even for Hoiberg will I take this abuse!

How is it in your tree? Hoot it out! @,@

Cowgirl quilter
February 2nd, 2016, 03:29 AM
Quiet in our tree tonight, a little snow today but not enough to measure. Not complaining.

Will have to go check out that dog bed, although where I would put it is a puzzle.

No sewing or quilting around here today, helped DH haul hay all day and get all the critter's feeders full. He will be gone all day for the rest of the week, so should get something accomplished.

carolynrae
February 2nd, 2016, 03:29 AM
Hoot kimsophia, you are right, we had rain Saturday and Sunday and yes we need it desperately. We have been told to cut our outside water usage by 75%. We have taken out part of our yard and put in gravel. Don't water the other part and so much of our shrubs and plants have died. We don't wash our car and if you go to a car wash it costs a small fortune. We pray for rain and snow in the mountains every day.

Finally got in the mood to quilt again and started a skateboard quilt for a grandson.

I have been to Iowa, we visited relatives in the Tri Cities and they suggested we go home by way of the Field of Dreams. Can't remember what town it was in but it was fun! Lot's of pictures of us going in and out of the corn fields. We didn't see any baseball players though. I just remembered isn't it Dyersville? or something like that.

Have a good night everyone!!

stationarymom
February 2nd, 2016, 03:32 AM
Hoot it's very quiet in my tree right now.Everyone in the house is in bed even the dog.The dog has the runs again so my DS called a new vet and explained what has been going on to get a new take on what is or might be happening now since the parasite is supposed to be gone.There was a new post on the forum someone is asking for prayers because his dog Barbie has cancer and it has spread.The post was by jbrewer.

Juliet Taylor
February 2nd, 2016, 04:13 AM
Here where I live it's so foggy and gloomy it reminds me of the movie "The Mist" because I can't even see the house in front of hours.
I would love to see some snow, mostly because with climate changing this year in my country there isn't much and this worries me for the environmental issues and also for tourism. I can only imagine how problematic can be for someone who basically lives/survives on the winter season more than the summer season.

I'm gloomy too because I have such a pain in my back and today there is no way I have the strength to go to work and this bothers me. Last year I had so many absence due to my bad health :( I hoped this would be a much healthier life! But I'm trying to cheer myself up reading this lovely forum :)

Simply Quilting
February 2nd, 2016, 04:15 AM
We've got ice pellets going on tonight. And the wind has picked up to add to the temperature dropping. Personally, I would rather be dealing with a foot of snow than to deal with ice.

I've worked on a few pillowcases tonight and have been looking at new ironing boards. Long story short my ironing board didn't have a good weekend - it was not my fault. And now I am in need of a new ironing board. The one that I have has been a good ironing board as I've had it for 21 years through lots of moves and tons of use. I've read through ironing board posts and looked at a couple of websites. So hopefully, over the weekend, I will go out and find the one that I want.

Have a safe and warm night everyone :)

MayinJerset
February 2nd, 2016, 04:28 AM
Been sleeping right through to 5 or 6 am so I haven't been in my tree for awhile.

Joan, hope new vet clears up your dog's problem. So sad about jbrewer's dog, hard time for him and his family.
kimsophia, Sorry about the Bulls recent losses and hope they get their act together real soon. Good luck with the doggie bed. Speaking about dogs I watched the whole doggie bed tut and we don't even have a dog.

Can't find a comfy spot to sit out here, maybe I can make myself a miniature version of that doggy bed for my tree hole.

Neller
February 2nd, 2016, 05:03 AM
Another quiet day here, and now time for bed. I sewed another two and a half rows together and then will start sewing the rows lengthwise. I thought I was going to take a break from it today and do something different but when I got out there I just started in on it again. While I was sewing my DIL called to do face time with my granddaughter Sally. She is so cute! She's crawling and pulling herself up to stand. It goes by so quickly! Good night all.

kimsophia
February 2nd, 2016, 06:33 PM
Hoot kimsophia, you are right, we had rain Saturday and Sunday and yes we need it desperately. We have been told to cut our outside water usage by 75%. We have taken out part of our yard and put in gravel. Don't water the other part and so much of our shrubs and plants have died. We don't wash our car and if you go to a car wash it costs a small fortune. We pray for rain and snow in the mountains every day.

Finally got in the mood to quilt again and started a skateboard quilt for a grandson.

I have been to Iowa, we visited relatives in the Tri Cities and they suggested we go home by way of the Field of Dreams. Can't remember what town it was in but it was fun! Lot's of pictures of us going in and out of the corn fields. We didn't see any baseball players though. I just remembered isn't it Dyersville? or something like that.

Have a good night everyone!!

Yes, I think it is Dyersville. :)

Juliet, I hope your back and neck are better soon. Also I hope your neighborhood is not too much like "The Mist" if it is the Stephen King novel that I'm remembering! :icon_mooooh:

Stationarymom, I hope they can find out what is wrong with your poor sick puppy. :icon_cry:

I don't think I'll get to sewing today since I shoveled heavy slush off the sidewalks since DH is down at jury duty...but I did mend some ultra cuddle fabric holes shut for the dog/person bed.