• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JCY
    Missouri Star
    • Jul 2013

Rabbit in the Snow

We have a rabbit living in our yard. I think it stays under our shed. We had a couple rabbits nest under there last year; they had 2 kits. We have quite a few rabbits in our city neighborhood. This one was hunkered down by one of the perennials in the flower bed next to the back patio this a.m. I took a pic through the kitchen window; the flash reflects in its eye. He sat there for the longest time while it just kept snowing. Later, I saw him in the front flower bed, right up against the edge of the porch. I've noticed they like to sit with their backs up against a tree, shrub, or flowers, so they can keep on eye out. Ribbon Star Block - Rabbit - Feb. 1, 2016 001.jpg It's been snowing all day, & is supposed to snow all night until mid-day tomorrow.
  • rebeccas-sewing
    Missouri Star
    • Apr 2010

Re: Rabbit in the Snow

I wonder what they eat when there's so much snow?
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

• DeniseSm
      Missouri Star
      • Nov 2013

Thanks for the cute picture. Our resident rabbit has been MIA for two months. I hope the coyotes didn't get her. Maybe she is just visiting elsewhere.
      Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

• JCY
        Missouri Star
        • Jul 2013

Usually there is enough available grass they can get at to munch. We usually clear a path from our patio to the shed, so there is open grass available there. Most of the time they seem to leave alone the plants in the flower beds. If they get tempted, I go out with the broom & chase them out of the flower bed. We live 2 houses away from a creek, so there is water available. I don't know if they eat snow or not. Something did get one of the rabbits a few weeks ago; I think it was a feral cat that lives in the neighborhood. It seems like if had been a hawk or an owl it would have carried off the carcass.

Comment

• Snip Snip
          Missouri Star
          • Sep 2014

Last summer the rabbits came up right next to my house and ate potted house plants off right to the nub. I have never seen them that destructive and bold before.

Comment

• stationarymom
            Missouri Star
            • Jun 2013

We have or I should say had 2 rabbits that lived under our porch for the longest time ,but I haven't seen them since the puppy arrived.
            :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

• snippet
              Missouri Star
              • Oct 2012

how cute! I don't have rabbits under my porch, but I do have a possum living under my deck.

Comment

Working...
              X