PDA

View Full Version : Cheerleading Outfits

Tina W
January 31st, 2016, 10:48 AM
Good morning ladies I have a question about cheerleading outfits. I went to my granddaughter's competition yesterday the girls used under arm pads but unfortunately a couple of the girls pads fell out and unto the mat, that is a deduction when they lose any part of the outfits. So my question is does anyone know what might stick to latex. They cannot sewing these items in because the outfits are not theirs and the pads have to come out to be washed. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thank you
Tina

Tina W
January 31st, 2016, 11:01 AM
I made a mistake the outfits are made of Spandex or Lycra not latex I'm bad. Still need answers. Thank you

shirleyknot
January 31st, 2016, 11:16 AM
We used to use safety pins.

Vonnie
January 31st, 2016, 12:37 PM
Or, just tossing out an idea, even tho they should not be sewing them in permanently, how about a long basting stitch using like one inch long stitches which could easily be removed.

Midge
January 31st, 2016, 01:13 PM
Have the girls tried the double sided tape that pageant women use to keep their plunging necklines and bathing suit bottoms in place? Not sure that would stick, but it's all I've got to suggest.

Claire Hallman
January 31st, 2016, 02:00 PM
A tag gun should work but the tags might irritate the skin unless you were very careful placing them. You might could find one in hte quilting aisle, they used to be used to sandwich quilts.
The tags are just snipped out with a scissors after they are not needed.

rebeccas-sewing
January 31st, 2016, 02:10 PM
I think the safety pin idea is your best bet.

K. McEuen
January 31st, 2016, 03:39 PM
I keep cringing at the thought of a safety pin coming open in someone's armpit while they are jumping and flipping around. I would go for the hand basting.

Simply Quilting
January 31st, 2016, 04:20 PM
I think Midge has the right idea to use double sided pageant tape. One idea instead of taping the pads to the girls, taping the pads to the uniforms. I would be nervous to do any sort of sewing even basting to the uniform for fear of it tearing that type of fabric with all the various movements that they do.

Hulamoon
January 31st, 2016, 05:30 PM
I like the basting idea too.

jjkaiser
January 31st, 2016, 06:12 PM
Sounds a little crazy but I would use duct tape!