PDA

View Full Version : SLEEPY SUNDAY

MayinJerset
January 31st, 2016, 10:40 AM
Would rather got back to bed but stuff needs doing.

First I need to get some mushroom soup going - want to try a new one with quinoa. Winding some bobbins is 2nd on my list. Was sewing yesterday and thought I could get away with piecing with the bobbin and spool of thread that was handy but they didn't like each other. Today I'll wind my regular piecing thread onto a few bobbins and get sewing without any tension problems.

Better get a move on as we're going out this afternoon around 4 for a late lunch, DS#1 called last night to invite himself over for dinner today so we asked him to join us.

What's everyone else up to today?

Ginny B
January 31st, 2016, 10:50 AM
Good morning May. Lazy morning for me this morning. We got a lot accomplished yesterday so I am taking my time getting started today. I will make some banana bread today and make the pasta sauce for today's dinner and put together the Shepherds Pie for tomorrow's. I'll do a bit of straightening up in our bedroom and then I will head to my sewing room for a while.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Bubby
January 31st, 2016, 11:16 AM
Morning Everyone,

Not sure yet what we will do today. Jeff asked me to make a pot of chili but I had planned to cook a roast, so I may do both and save the chili for tomorrow. We had a slow weekend, which is just what Jeff needed.

Today is the last day for making Valentine sweeties....I need to get busy working on a few quilts.

Wishing everyone a great day. Hugs All Around.

Monique
January 31st, 2016, 11:17 AM
We were out last night with friends and it was a late one. We we got home and out of the van, you could hear the wolves howling. Pretty cool. We don't hear them often in my end of town.

Not sure what today will bring..

Have a great day everyone.

Judy, USMC
January 31st, 2016, 11:34 AM
Up very early for me - 7:30am! Too wound up to sleep ... got to get the rest of my gear into the van to go on my 2 week personal retreat. Check in at the condo is 3pm - just over 5 hours from now. Excited to get to making a few more quilt tops.

Steve did grocery shopping yesterday so I know he'll have good food here ... instead of grabbing some fast food. And we'll do our usual twice a day call. I thank God every day for giving me such an understanding guy. Don't think too many men would let their wife take off so she can have some selfish fun.

Y'all take care and have a great day!

Granny Judy
January 31st, 2016, 11:48 AM
Just getting my second cuppa and checking in here. No plans for today other than "what's for supper".

Hoping to get into the sewing mood later and do some more quilting. Got a Feb 16th deadline to meet. Time sure passes by really fast these days.

Yesterday we stopped at Wally World and I bought a bunch of clothes line rope.. gonna make me some "bowls". DD#2 (Liz) loves them and "borrowed" my last one yesterday for holding her Kerig cups. They do look nice together. I did a bunch in plain white and planned on dying them , but never got in the mood to make that mess. So White they stayed.

Hope all have a great "sleepy" day.

pcbatiks
January 31st, 2016, 11:52 AM
Good morning.

Judy....hope you have a great time on your personal retreat!

I've started sewing rows together on my grinch quilt........yay!

The weather here has been nice the last couple of days.....in the low 70's. We had planned to go to local park and walk yesterday................but somehow we ended up trying a "new to us" mexican restaurant instead.........which is almost the same as walking for exercise......right. :D

cv quilter
January 31st, 2016, 12:00 PM
My Sunday is starting off great! Coffee with DH and now checking out all the forum news. Today I have to go into sewing room and clean it up. I need to put away all the Christmas fabrics and put the new fabric I bought into plastic lock top boxes and put up on shelves. Bought some bed risers and will put them under the legs of my two cutting tables to make it easier for me. Didn't mind the lowness of the tables (they're the fold up banquet tables from Staples) until recently and now I find I need more height to hopefully ease the stress on my back. Just another symptom of getting older and having the osteoporosis and arthritis. Hey, we all have something, right?? We are expecting some bad weather so will make something good for dinner and spend a nice day at home. Might be able to play on my embroidery machine, too. Want to make some mug rugs. I have a really cute Kimberbell CD with some adorable ones you do in the hoop. Going to try to enlarge the designs to see if I can make larger mug rugs. Will try to see if it works. Whatever you are doing today, I hope it will be enjoyable and bring smiles to your faces and your hearts. Be safe and be blessed.

Cathy F
January 31st, 2016, 12:22 PM
Morning all. I off to a lazy start with coffee, a bagel, and the Sunday paper.

Not much on my schedule today, took out a roast for dinner tonight so dinner will be delish! Need to get in the sewing room and do a bit of a cleanup. Working on three project at once has taken it's toll on my once clean room. Have to unpack everything from yesterday's class and get my sewing machine set back up. I may even get some sewing time in on the kissing coin quilt, we'll see how productive I get today.

Judy, have a great time on your retreat!
cvquilter, love those Kimberbell mug rugs! Let me know how you make out enlarging them. This Christmas one of the members in my Pilot Club was admitted to a nursing facility for some rehab after surgery. I bought a little plate stand and made up a Christmas one for her. There is not much space in the nursing home for a lot of personal decorations but the mug rug on the little plate stand fit nicely on her night table and gave her something cheerful to look at. Another good use for those mug rugs!

EnumclawGramma
January 31st, 2016, 01:42 PM
Good Morning and Happy Sunday! I am sitting here watching the news, having my coffee and contemplating the day. DGD is still sleeping, Ray is getting ready to begin work on a kitchen sink issue that should take the greater part of his morning. Ugh.
We had a beautiful sunny day yesterday and were out and about most of the day. Watched my youngest little Grandaughter at gymnastics class and went out for ice cream with the entire crew after. ALL my Grands in one place!!! I loved it!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday. I'm off to get it going, gotta take Kaya (older Grandaughter) to town to hang out with some friends and later we'll take her home to the city and have dinner with the girls. This weekend with Kaya went WAY too fast!

Hugs and Prayers all 'round!

rebeccas-sewing
January 31st, 2016, 02:05 PM
Hello and welcome, rain. I thought you were never going to bless us with your presence this weekend. I hope you rain all day. We're getting much closer to overcoming this drought.

toggpine
January 31st, 2016, 02:46 PM
Rebecca, you can have the rain today! We have more work in the yard and gardens to get done. The fruit trees and raspberry canes were done yesterday. I need to tie up the canes today and replant a few that have drifted outside the designated bed. Then on to the blueberries. We'll get the burn pile up and going to deal with the trimmings. If that goes quickly, I'll get started mucking out the barn. Ugh. I wish the goats would learn how to poop outside of the barn.

I hope you all have a good day!

JCY
January 31st, 2016, 03:25 PM
We woke up to 1.5" of new, wet snow that clung to everything. It looked like a winter fairy land. The fir & pine trees looked like flocked Christmas trees. Beautiful. However... the possibility for a lot of snow is in the forecast for Mon. into Tues., starting in the night tonight. Anywhere from 6-12" or more, depending on how the system sets up. Certain areas could get 18". Of course much more in the mts., which makes the skiers happy.

I've been to church. Have had a snack & I'm getting ready to hit the recliner & have my morning cup of coffee while I work on my Bible Study lesson for Wed. I hope to do some sewing later this afternoon. Yest. was a busy day: all morning working in the kitchen making chicken soup from scratch for DH. Changed bed linens. Did 4 loads of laundry. I plan to take it easy today.

cv quilter
February 1st, 2016, 06:48 PM
[QUOTE=Cathy F;842358.

cvquilter, love those Kimberbell mug rugs! Let me know how you make out enlarging them. This Christmas one of the members in my Pilot Club was admitted to a nursing facility for some rehab after surgery. I bought a little plate stand and made up a Christmas one for her. There is not much space in the nursing home for a lot of personal decorations but the mug rug on the little plate stand fit nicely on her night table and gave her something cheerful to look at. Another good use for those mug rugs![/QUOTE]

Cathy, the enlarging of the mug rugs works great! I enlarged it to as large as it would go and everything stitched out nicely and right! I ended up with a mug rug that measures about 8 inches by 5 3/4 inches! Really cute. I am going to make more this size, but really love the original size, too. And I think the idea of using the mug rug as a table decoration is fantastic. How clever. And it won't break if knocked over.