PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Night Owlin' @,@

kimsophia
January 31st, 2016, 01:42 AM
Hootie hoot! It's past midnight somewhere! I finally slept through an afternoon so I seem to be getting back to my nocturnal phase.

I hope you and your families are feeling well tonight. I just had a cup of coffee in my new mug so I'm feelin' pretty good. I am working on cutting sashing strips and cornerstones. Boy my June Tailor ruler has one slit that is really hard to cram the rotary cutter into. It is at the 12 inch mark. I've trashed out a couple of rotary blades there for sure. I'll need to get more tomorrow. I'll avoid it from now on but it is a pity the gadget is flawed.

I got some fabric starched and pressed so it is time to cut some more. What's your news? :icon_wave:

Ginny B
January 31st, 2016, 01:48 AM
It's not quite midnight here. DH and I ran a bunch of errands and then he went grocery shopping and I cleaned the kitchen. Then I straightened some things in my sewing room and then set to working on the 24 burp cloths. DH and I were trying to decide what to watch tonight and I was flipping around the channels and we came across a two-part special on The Eagles. We have been enjoying some great music and hearing their story. Real nice Saturday evening.

Back to the music now. Have a great night all.

kimsophia
January 31st, 2016, 02:17 AM
GinnyB, I don't know if you get Netflix but there is a fantastic movie, a documentary, on the Eagles. I think it is about three hours long so I watched it over two nights. In a sense it is a drama just because it was a drama in real life, what happened to them. Great movie for anybody who likes music or just likes a redemption story.

stationarymom
January 31st, 2016, 03:17 AM
Hoot well I had a very laid back day.I didn't do much I cleaned and did laundry but then just watched some tv this noon time.Tonight the DH and I went out to dinner that was nice.I just finished folding laundry,so no sewing today.

carolynrae
January 31st, 2016, 03:31 AM
I didn't sew today either. Pruned a peach tree, it was over grown so I watched U-Tube and they told me exactly how to cut it back. Won't get much fruit this year, we don't much fruit any year because of squirrels, but the tree looks good. I also did laundry, baked some banana bread, sat down to rest, fell asleep and the bread got over baked. Not burnt, but dry.....oh well. That is what I get for making banana nut bread when I am trying to loose weight. :) I have not been in the mood to quilt since the first of the year and I have lots to do so I really need to get started. kimsophia, I am still singing that yellow bird song....help....get it out of my head!

kimsophia
January 31st, 2016, 03:37 AM
lol...at first I thought you meant "Yellow Bird, up high in banana tree"...the way I get songs out of my head is to replace it with another I like. Or I just start with the beginning of Les Miz and it has so many words that I can't go too far and that quits it.

Judy, USMC
January 31st, 2016, 03:48 AM
Pruning trees, laundry, baking, sewing and quilting plus some entertainment thrown in for good measure! Sounds like everyone was more productive than I was today. FINALLY got through the mound of papers I had and my recycle bin is 3/4 full. Filled it twice before, too. There was a ton of it. And too much in the shred box so that will have to wait until my bank brings in the huge truck right after Tax Day in April.

Got another couple of kits made up to take to the condo later today and got to watch my PBS mysteries and now it's 1:30am local here so off to bed - want to get up early to load the van. Good night to all you productive people!

sewlucky
January 31st, 2016, 03:51 AM
I had a great day, a party at my friend's place, then hubby and I went for dinner and to a concert with my sister and brother in law. I also got about an hour of sewing done today. I think I can finish the Pixelated Heart quilt tomorrow if I get time to sew.

Terri

Hulamoon
January 31st, 2016, 03:55 AM
To early to be a night owl. Just almost nine. I recorded the Eagles to watch later. I turned my Netflix account back on to watch Making a Murderer. So fascinating how these ladies made this documentary. Now it's back in the news. It's like watching a real time CSI.

I got my M* order today. In three days! I want to start what I had in mind but the pantry is empty.

kensington
January 31st, 2016, 04:12 AM
Hubby Smoked Ribs today and we ate late. I made potato salad.. it was really good. We watched movie and now he is out and I am headed that way. I plan to sew tomorrow. I'm tired, but have two UFO's I want to finish and ship.

Then I can start new stuff I've got made up in kits.

Yawn... Yawn... time to put an easy to watch movie in and snuggle down for the night. Have fun ladies.

Neller
January 31st, 2016, 04:36 AM
Hi all! I got a late start on my sewing today because I kept procrastinating changing dad's dressing. Finally got it done and then out to the sewing room where I sewed two rows of the quilt together. I'll be glad when I am through with this part. It's kind of boring.

Other than that, I didn't do much. Told dad I'd take him out to breakfast tomorrow. It's an exercise in patience for me, he moves so slowly. I know if I make it to 91, I'll be slow too, but it is hard for me to be patient as it is not one of my virtues.

Carol336
January 31st, 2016, 06:47 AM
Hoot Hoot...I hope by now everyone is in their tree holes sawing logs. Spent the entire day yesterday at DGD's dance competition. I enjoyed the day, and she did very well, but I think I've seen enough tiny dancers to last for quite a while. DH and I went out to dinner after the show, as did everyone else in the universe - very crowded everywhere we went. But we had a lovely dinner and I dropped into bed almost as soon as we got home.

Terri - can you tell me more about the pixilated heart quilt......sounds interesting.

Haven't done much sewing.....just playing around with fabric.....I made some valentine place mats, but I really don't like them all that much, so they never really got finished.....into the ufo box.

Off to get some joe.

toggpine
January 31st, 2016, 02:30 PM
We spent all day outside. We pruned our fruit trees and raspberry canes too. According to the farmer's almanac yesterday and today are the best days this month for pruning. Since we had a weather break, we agreed!
All of that work made for an early evening!