PDA

View Full Version : The Binding Tool

pawilson49
November 18th, 2011, 01:54 PM
I have used the binding tool with success on large quilts, but I'm having difficulty using the procedure on smaller items like placemats and table runners. I seem to have extra binding in the middle. Am I missing something?

Loonwatcher
November 18th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Yes - save the binding tool for friendship braid quilts. To join your binding: Trim your two ends so they only overlap by the width of the opened binding strip, sew together on the diagonal, trim off the triangle, refold and Voila! perfect bind with no excess.

I'm a newbie and this works great for me.

Patrice
November 18th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Yes - save the binding tool for friendship braid quilts. To join your binding: Trim your two ends so they only overlap by the width of the opened binding strip, sew together on the diagonal, trim off the triangle, refold and Voila! perfect bind with no excess.

I'm a newbie and this works great for me.
Nancy what are you talking about? I think we need a tutorial. I love that binding tool. Mine also end up to big sometimes on smaller things and I have to just keep cutting till I get it right and pray I don't cut to much

K. McEuen
November 18th, 2011, 06:30 PM
http://www.connectingthreads.com/tutorials/Bumpless_Binding_Finishing_Trick__D41.html

and there is your tutorial.

rebeccas-sewing
November 18th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Thanks Karen. Looks super simple. I'm going to give it a try!

tfrankum
November 19th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Great tutorial!!!! That is the easiest tip I've seen for binding. Thanks for the link.

DonnaBear
November 19th, 2011, 12:19 PM
I have been looking everywhere for this tutorial. I watched several months ago but did no remember where I had seen it. It's so simple I can't believe I forgot how to do it this way. :icon_razz:

Donna Bear
Yuba City,CA