PDA

View Full Version : JANUARY IS ALMOST OVER

MayinJerset
January 30th, 2016, 10:56 AM
Can February be far behind? Of course it is, so it's time to display your Valentine's Day decorations.
Need to make some Valentine cards for the 4 little great grand boys Have to get a few Bday cards as 3 family have Bdays this month, DGD Catherine, her DH and DH's sister. Sis in law will be 80 on Valentine's Day and her children are hosting a dinner party to celebrate. Wish we could attend but it is in VA.

So what are you up to today? 125185

RFREE
January 30th, 2016, 11:06 AM
Yep January is almost gone and believe it or not today will be in the 60's! We missed 3 days of school last week to the snow.
I plan on getting out in the shop and cutting out a bunch of machines to fill my orders. It will also be a great day to paint them. Gotta strike while the iron is hot so to speak.
I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Hugs from Ky.
Rhonda

Ginny B
January 30th, 2016, 11:59 AM
Good morning and Happy Saturday. Boy was I tired last night! Started work at the Job Expo at 7:45, worked registration there until 1:15 (mostly standing the whole time) then went to the office to finish out the day. I slept well last night.

Yes, May, getting out the Valentine's decorations is on my list for this weekend. A few errands to run today and then I need to get working on an order for 24 burp cloths.

Have a great day everyone

easyquilts
January 30th, 2016, 01:03 PM
I have to admit that I am glad to see January go... January is a bad month for me... My husband if 46 years dude on the 8th, his brother died on the 6th (a year before), our anniversary wad the 29th, and my Mom's birthday wad the 23rd...

So glad to see February on the horizon! It's a happy month...

quiltingtrish
January 30th, 2016, 01:03 PM
Looking forward to March - I am hoping for an early Spring. I am also hoping that some more of this snow melts today so I have a place to park when I visit my Dad tomorrow. It has been super slow getting streets cleaned up around PA as I am sure other states might have the same problem. I already hung my Valentines day large wall hanging about 2 weeks ago (it's in one of my albums). The pinks and reds are just too pretty to look at.

I am working on 2 attic windows to hang on a wall at opposite ends of the house hoping DH will get rid of the idea to poke 2 huge holes in the wall for new windows. He gets an idea in his head and off he goes! LOL! Sometimes it can be a good thing though.

Hope you all have a great day!

kimsophia
January 30th, 2016, 01:10 PM
I just finished up squaring up my hexagon blocks. Somehow I managed to dull a new rotary cutter. I think it cut a slit in the side of my plastic template. Is there anything to be done for the template? It's now another accident waiting to happen... :(

RockinLou
January 31st, 2016, 04:18 AM
Well, it is January 31st here, and we finally got the Christmas decorations all packed up!! LOL!

I'm not super excited about February though, we have the school play (DH is the director) so I'm finishing up the costumes. Then we have the "Gala" at school, a social event which I despise, but feel obligated to attend every year. It's always just a long month at a time of year when the weather is blah. It's been snowing 5 days in a row. I can't remember seeing the mountains more than twice since Christmas, and I think if the fog ever lifts that there might still be a sun, but I'm not sure!! It's a leap year too, so an extra day in February!

Thanks for the Valentine's day reminder, I need to get my daughter to write Thank You notes from her birthday then we can get the cards out for the kids classes, and I'll try to make a little something for my munchkins this year. The holiday basically doesn't exist here, but I still like to do something with them!