PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night Owl

toggpine
January 30th, 2016, 03:26 AM
Not much going on today. I tried to remove the old tub spout, but I think it may be corroded on. I need to find a screwdriver with a shorter shank to try to twist it off. That project is now put off until Monday.

Not too late of a night tonight. Tomorrow is the day to get out an prune all of the fruit trees and the raspberry vines. Things are staring to look and sound a lot like spring around here. The frogs have been raising quite a racket the last few nights. According to the Farmers Almanac tomorrow is a good day for this. We'll get the burn pile set up and take care of all of the trimmings that the goats don't eat.

Sewing and house cleaning will take a back seat to the yard work this weekend.

What's up in your tree?

stationarymom
January 30th, 2016, 03:39 AM
I'm glad to see another owl is out tonight.My dad got sent home from the hospital yesterday.They found out he has two different kinds of bacteria causing the infections he has.They placed a pic line in his arm so that he can receive iv antibiotics for the next 10 days,he is supposed to have a visiting nurse come in 2x daily.I hope his infection goes away because it makes him confused and I don't like him being alone all day.I haven't done any sewing since he was admitted to the hosp just couldn't focus.
I can't believe it sounds like spring there already when I have about 2" of solid ice all over my back yard.I think I should tell my son I want hazard pay for taking his puppy out there all day.I slipped and fell and have the biggest bruise on my thigh,I'm glad I didn't break anything.

Judy, USMC
January 30th, 2016, 04:01 AM
Sewing and house cleaning will take a back seat to the yard work this weekend.

What's up in your tree?

Finally sorted through and got rid of all the junk mail and now have a big pile of papers that need to be sorted and filed.

My housework will be put aside for the next 2 weeks and 2 days. On Sunday I'm going to the time-share with my machine, project box and the papers that need to be sorted. So even though it qualifies as a mini vacay it will be constructive. Steve (my DH) will be coming up for the superbowl and again for Valentine's day. He'll also help me pack the van tomorrow.

Almost 2am here so I'm headed off to bed. G-night & sweet dreams!

ETA: Joan, glad you dad is getting better. My mom got confused for a bit after her first urinary tract infection ... and the confusion got worse after she got an infection the second time 2 weeks later. Nice to know they are being aggressive with the antibiotics. Positive thoughts and prayers heading his way.....

kimsophia
January 30th, 2016, 04:10 AM
Oh dear, falling on the ice! Ouch! :(

I've just finished watching the 2005 version of "Pride and Prejudice" on Netflix. It's a very sumptuous film. I wonder where it was filmed...on lots of magnificent English estates, it seemed. Mrs. Bennett is such a silly fool. I can't see how Mr. Bennett ever married her. Thank goodness they're fictional.

I've been continuing to square up hexagon blocks. I got out to Michael's, Bed Bath and Beyond, and Gordman's. I was killing time at a strip mall until my buddy finished donating plasma. I got a clearance priced spool of invisible thread. I hope it will be of good quality. At any rate, I got a good sensory overload at all the things for sale and am ready to not be bored and have cabin fever when we get 6-12" of snow on Tuesday. Then I shall be a snowed in night owl but I have plenty of cutting and sewing to keep me working. DH bought bags of food so we won't starve. Yay! Hoot hoot! @,@

MayinJerset
January 30th, 2016, 04:47 AM
Snow fell thick and heavy late yesterday morning but I'm glad it only lasted a short time as we still have plenty of snow. Snow still blocks our back door as well as our deck so bird feeders have been empty for a week or so.

Mended DH's new SAINTS tee shirt that DGD C gave him for Christmas, he cut the label sewn in the bottom hem and snipped the shirt fabric. I zig zigged the cut closed and shirt is good to go. Next are his new pj pants that are too long. Since they are flannel I thought they would shrink with first washing but they didn't shrink enough. The pants may have been made for extra tall guys as DH is close to 6 ft.

Getting sleepy so off I go,125182

Neller
January 30th, 2016, 04:51 AM
Hi all! Pride and Prejudice is one of my favorites, Kimsophia! I like the BBC version with Colin Firth, the beat of my heart (sigh...). I am sorry for you with ice. It feels spring-like here , too. I'm going to be in my sewing room all day tomorrow working on my Square in a Square quilt. I finally finished all the blocks today so tomorrow I can start sewing them together. I have quite a few jelly roll pieces leftover. Has anyone seen a good tutorial on how to incorporate them into a border? I am thinking of sewing them together in strips of 4 and then cross cutting them into smaller pieces and somehow work them in. I wish Jenny would do a tutorial on creative borders.

I hope your father improves on his antibiotics, Stationarymom. I am going through something sort of similar. My 91 yr old father lives with us and he has an ulcer on his leg that I am doing daily dressing changes on. At his age he heals slowly. We didn't have any confusion to contend with though.

redcaboose1717
January 30th, 2016, 05:38 AM
Here it is 3:35 AM......and I haven't been able to sleep since yesterday. It's really cold here in Michigan. I guess as long as I am up, I might as well make a couple of dishmats. I have some January B-days (friends and family ) to make these things for.
Good Morning ......!!!

Carol336
January 30th, 2016, 07:37 AM
Oh dear, falling on the ice! Ouch! :(

I've just finished watching the 2005 version of "Pride and Prejudice" on Netflix. It's a very sumptuous film. I wonder where it was filmed...on lots of magnificent English estates, it seemed. Mrs. Bennett is such a silly fool. I can't see how Mr. Bennett ever married her. Thank goodness they're fictional.

I've been continuing to square up hexagon blocks. I got out to Michael's, Bed Bath and Beyond, and Gordman's. I was killing time at a strip mall until my buddy finished donating plasma. I got a clearance priced spool of invisible thread. I hope it will be of good quality. At any rate, I got a good sensory overload at all the things for sale and am ready to not be bored and have cabin fever when we get 6-12" of snow on Tuesday. Then I shall be a snowed in night owl but I have plenty of cutting and sewing to keep me working. DH bought bags of food so we won't starve. Yay! Hoot hoot! @,@

Oh man.....I hope you dont live near Maryland......we got enough snow last weekend to last me for a while.

toggpine
January 30th, 2016, 02:27 PM
Joan, glad to hear Dad is doing better and that they have someone coming in to check on him. Sorry to hear about your fall on the ice.

Judy have fun on your mini-retreat!