PDA

View Full Version : FRIDAY!!

Monique
November 18th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Yup it's Friday. Still not feeling 100%. It is starting to drive me crazy. Yesterday I tried a little sewing but the glasses on the bridge of my nose hurt after a while. Need my glasses to see what the heck I am doing. I am still all stuffed up and sniffing a lot. Nasal rinse and vasoline help a little. Yesterday I dug out my humidifier, cleaned it all up and used it last night. I guess it is just going to take time.

I hate being this way. I need to be doing something. Maybe today will be a little better.

My man-servant has gone to the hunt camp for the weekend. This is the time of year they close up the camp for the winter. As he says it's a sad time. Maybe I can get a few things done. Wish me luck.

Have a great weekend everyone.

EsGrandma
November 18th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Monique, hope you are feeling much better soon!

meemeecyn
November 18th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Take care, Monique....every day you should feel a little better and a little stronger. Are you able to look through some quilting books/magazines? That might satisfy the quilting bug until you can get back to the machine!
Cynthia

Bubby
November 18th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Monique...It's awful when you can't breathe...I feel for you. I get panicky when my head plugs up because I have asthma and wonder what I would do if I ever had asthma and a plugged up head at the same time. I think steam might help you a little, but you are swollen inside and that is going to take time to heal. Try to relax and pamper yourself. I think I would take a hot bubble bath and stay in my flannel jammies for the rest of the day. You're in my prayers....Hugs, Barb

Sandy Navas
November 18th, 2011, 11:46 AM
I'm sending Monique some fresh, moist, cleansing air to breathe in and heal her swollen nasal passages . . . feel for you, Toots!

Loonwatcher
November 18th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Oh Monique. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Genny
November 18th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Hope you get better real soon! I understand about the stuffy nose, I can't stand it when that happens!

Monique
November 18th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Thanks everyone. You sure know how to cheer a gal up!!

oldgurl4
November 18th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Heyy Monique! Sorry to hear you still hurting....
Hummmm.... I don't have a Conjoure for Nasal Passage....
Yet!
Hey! Look at the Bright Side.....
If a Skunk comes into the house you will not notice the AWFULL SMELL!

Now!.... doesn't that make you feel relieved? LOL... ;o)

Take this Oportunity to Relax...
Kick your feet Up and Watch some Movies... or Read a Good Book..... Meditate.....
I KNOW!!! Start early and write out those X-Mas Cards before X-Mas arrivas and the Post Office will be HECKTICK.
See, there is ....
Sewww many other things you can be doing while healing.
Sewing/Quilting is not going anywhere.
Review the To Do List.....
YOURS!... Not HIS!!! Haa-haa-haa
Maybe something ther eyou've been meaning to do for a while.

Feel Better QS

Have a Good Old Friday Everyone! Stay Safe

cyndiofthevortex
November 18th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Poor Monique! I'm sorry for your illness.

My dear ones have it all around me. I'm thinking of heading out for a quilting retreat before I get it. Anyone know where there's one going on? I'll travel anywhere to avoid this thing.

AND I was thinking of following oldgurl's advice tonight when I'm too tuckered out to sew. Why wait til you're sick to pamper yourself?

toggpine
November 18th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Sorry to hear that it is taking longer than you want to heal up. Get out some graph paper and some colored pencils and start doodling out a few new quilts. I guess that would work only if you don't need your glasses to read huh? Well, you could always take out your fabric and give it a good pet, shuffle it around, & then tidy it back up. I get some great ideas that way.
I do hope your nose feels better soon.
Hugs, Cathy

quilter.martha
November 18th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Monique, hope that by now your day is better than when it began! I know how hard it can be to want to be doing things and just cant. Last year at this time I was recovering from ear surgery and had to spend lots of time on the couch (dizziness is the worst issue when you have ear surgery). But, you gotta take it slow and let yourself heal. So hang in there, we're all pulling for you!

quiltingtrish
November 18th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Monique - gotcha in my prayers for more healing so you feel better sooner rather than later.

Hugs :))))