PDA

View Full Version : Friday - Let the weekend begin

Blondie
January 29th, 2016, 07:38 AM

Hello Folksies!

I may have lost track of my days, weeks, hours, keys - but I haven't lost track of my happy smile for Friday. Sure I have a very full day at work today, only to have again tomorrow - but Sis and I are gonna have two girls night out by staying at DD Sarah's house to puppysit her crew. You know that we will have fun just stitching and sitting in front of the Netflix. We may also throw in a game of gin rummy or heckfire shoot, I'd be happy to play Go Fish as long as I am not required to a responsible adult for an evening. You know exactly what I mean. We all remember what it felt like to be a kid and think that adults had the best life ever because no one ever told them what time to go to bed. No one ever told them to eat liver and onions! Than as we progressed and became teens, Oy! Was I the only one to sneak out a window to meet up with a friend? My favorite person to meet up with on the corner was my cousin, Ruthie. We are the same age and thought we were living fast. That is until the preacher saw us walking down Miller Road and called my parents. Ready for another Oy? Yes, before you were an adult, you just knew that money grew on trees, there was no such thing as a curfew and life would be a weekend all the time.

I don't remember exactly when I realized I was all grown up. Reality doesn't have to be unpleasant. I have always had the ability to find that pot of gold, even when I was working 75 hours a week and they all jammed in together. While things have slowed down in that dept, a hairdresser's work has always included the weekend. So work I will on my sweet little friends who also remember life before adulthood. A few of them have their children drive them to get their hair done since they have entered the second childhood. I won't go there. But I do enjoy Irene on Friday with the sweet conspiratory giggles we share. In fact, I will be Irene tonite and then again tomorrow night.

Have a great one folksies. In case you are now thinking about how wonderful your childhood was, just remember this. You can always be childlike without be childish. Don't just smile. Laugh out loud!

EnumclawGramma
January 29th, 2016, 08:27 AM
Good Morning Blondie!
Your weekend with your sister sounds divine! It has been far too long since my sister and I have done that! We have had some really wonderful times, she has always been my best friend. I need to make that happen again!
DH has been home all week with the bug. Today I talked him into staying home for one more day. I think that's the day that determines if it takes you longer to get fully back on your feet, know what I mean?
Hoping my Grandaughter will come spend the weekend with us. I haven't had her since Thanksgiving and I'm missing her badly. I've heard, if she cleans her room she can come. So....hope hope hope.
Next week, the WHOLE week, I will be staying at my Son's house with his 5 kiddos. Age 15 to 8 this is going to be a wonderful time! Just me. No DH. Second time I've done this. We're building memories! And I LOVE it!

Off to get it going. Hugs and Prayers all 'round!

Bubby
January 29th, 2016, 08:28 AM
Happy Friday Everyone,

I've been up for hours paying bills and straightening up the sewing room. Jeff will be working a double shift today and I would like to make good use of the time. Hopefully that will include lots of time sewing.

Blondie, have a great day at work. Hugs & Blessings all around....

RFREE
January 29th, 2016, 08:35 AM
Good morning Blondie and all that follow. First full week back to work and I'm tired. Going to get out in the shop tomorrow to cut a little wood for some orders. I can't beleive its gonna be in the 60's after being snowed in last week for 3 days. This weather is so scary.
Oh well yall have a great weekend.
hugs
Rhonda

Monique
January 29th, 2016, 08:41 AM
Good morning. It was a typical work day yesterday. Off now until Feb 10. Then I get to work and quilt until the 19th. I have a pretty good idea which project I will take, another UFO, top done needs to be quilted.

Not sure what today will bring. We had some snow last night. Hubby wants to do SOMETHING today, but we shall see. I really don't need or want to go anywhere. I am just happy in my little home.

Have a wonderful day and weekend friends.

Ginny B
January 29th, 2016, 08:45 AM
Good morning all. Just a quick stop here to say Happy Friday everyone! Got an event at work this morning at a local college and I need to be there by 8 so I'm off and running early.

Have a great day everyone.

Patsquilting
January 29th, 2016, 08:49 AM
Good Morning: I love your daily quips. Have a great weekend with your sister. Today I will hit the LQS - they are having a "Cut-In" today. There is a program - similar but different to the quilts of valor. They collect old flags that will be destroyed as they are very frayed, etc. The blue section is cut off - cleaned - and then the stars are cut off - these stars are then put in a little baggie with a card that says "starsforourtroops.org". I am part of our American flag that has flown over the USA. I can no longer fly. The sun and wind have caused me to becoe tattered and torn. Please carry me as a reminder that "YOU ARE NOT FORGOTTEN". Since I just retired, I was anxious to get involved with the Quilts of Valor program - (which I have) and Now this program. We will be meeting and cutting the stars off the old, tattered flags - I understand the LQS I belong to has gotten such an overwhelming supply of old flags, many have come with with them saying "I just heard you on the radio - I had to pull over as I was in tears".

We are such a wonderful country - granted, we aren't perfect - but our troops are the BEST.

Here's to a beautiful day - regardless of weather - enjoy - take a deep breath - enjoy our freedom that was fought for by our brave soldiers (our dads, uncles, brothers, husbands, sisters, etc).

MayinJerset
January 29th, 2016, 09:23 AM
After reading Blondie reminiscing about her childhood I imagined her skipping merrily over to her shop to do her magic on her clients while looking forward to a fun girl time weekend with her sister. Now you girls don't get up to too much mischief.

ceiliam
January 29th, 2016, 10:08 AM
Good morning all. Blondie so glad you safe your ray of sunshine, makes my day and reminds me to look at life and things with a positive outlook. Yesterday was busy had to take my sister cat in has eye infection poor old guy then ran over to help mom with her humanitarian group, been making tyed quilts and sanitary napkin holders, saw some one posted also doing this. Then off to my class I am taking at university. So glad less hectic today . I am planning on cleaning and sewing and walking the dog. Have a wonderful day all. Cecelia

SewnByBee
January 29th, 2016, 12:22 PM
Good Friday morning.
I don't want to Adult today.

Remember when life seemed so easy. No have too. No must haves. No worries. .......it was a sweet feeling. .........but I wouldn't trade it for all the blessings in my little world. What would life be without all these beautiful loved ones.

We are going to paint the nursery this weekend. Get the room ready for this bundle of joy. Time is flying. May is just a blink away. We can't wait to embrace this sweet thing. So far , all is going well. Keep Kelci and baby in your prayers.

Have a wonderful and blessed weekend.

Simply Quilting
January 29th, 2016, 01:54 PM
Good Morning! Beautiful day here. Yesterday and today felt like springtime in April. Tomorrow and Sunday are suppose to be nice but lookout for Monday and Tuesday - rain, snow and a turning colder. I have enjoyed the sunshine.

Last night I worked on cutting out fabric and will continue doing that today. I will hopefully begin doing some sewing later this evening.

Have a great day everyone :)

toggpine
January 29th, 2016, 02:02 PM
If I'm running errands, this morning is the time. The weather is grey and icky wet, so that makes it perfect for some indoor chores after the running around.

I am going to see if I can replace the tub spout on my own. Thank you YouTube! I love my sweet hubby, but sometimes, if I want a project done, I need to do more than just buy the parts. The replacement pop up ball dealie that controls the sink stopper has sat on the counter for over a year. That will be my next endeavor in home repair. I'm going to start with the easy stuff first!
I swear, all I'm asking for as gifts this year will be home improvement center gift cards! (I'm not saying this part too loudly; but I have enough fabric for a little while.) Ok, so part of the home improvements will include a new lighting system in the sewing room as it doesn't have a ceiling fixture. The wall switch controls a wall outlet only. Odd little five walled room with no door, but great for my sewing space.
The coffee cup is empty, so time to go, go, GO! Have a great day and share some of those smiles with unsuspecting folks!
Hugs, Cathy

JCY
January 29th, 2016, 03:24 PM
Good morning ~ The house smells of baking bread. Yum! I bake spelt bread for DH. I actually did a small amt. of sewing yest. Made 4 burp cloths & did some practice FMQ on my Tiara II. I'm practicing feathers. I've never felt proficient, but I'm making progress. I may be close to actually doing some on a quilt.

Yest. got up to 62 deg. Another warm before the storm -- a typical pattern along the Front Range in Colo. They're predicting 6-12" of snow on Mon. into Tues. We still haven't got rid of what we had from the last 2 storms, although a lot of the lawn now is showing through. I'll be sure to make a trip to the groc. store before the next storm.

Have a good week end.

inspired
January 30th, 2016, 10:20 PM
Hey Blondie you do make me smile...I started thinking about being the lady who gets driven to her hair appt. My kids won't do it because I am the worst backseat driver lol. Thanks for your always upbeat posts...Val