PDA

View Full Version : Lone(ly) Night Owl hootin' in my tree ...

Judy, USMC
January 29th, 2016, 05:01 AM
Very late here on the east coast ... and I haven't seen or heard any other owls hootin' tonight. Did I miss the usual thread?

Chilly and lonely in my tree. Guess it's a hint to go to bed.

Granny Judy
January 29th, 2016, 05:31 AM
Went to roost early tonight after a full tummy. Now I'm awake (2:30 am). It's amazing how quiet the house is at this time. No tv, radio, or cell phone talking. Furnace hasn't kicked on. And the Cats are snuggle up somewhere, instead of stalking the house for "intruders". (I wonder what they see or search for when I'm sleeping)

I think a little audio book and some knitting is in order to fill in the rest of my "hooting" time. First a sneak out to the kitchen and grab a little snack. I feel like I'm in a world all onto myself. (insert evil laugh)

redcaboose1717
January 29th, 2016, 05:41 AM
I am up too....I took a late nap and didn't wake up until about 6pm. So, I am up looking at MSQC newest tutorial...and thinking about making one of these quilts. Who knows though I might decide not to do the quilt although I do have a lot of denim etc.
I think I am going to make a hot cup of Tea and try going back to sleep.

kimsophia
January 29th, 2016, 07:14 AM
Was happy that the Bulls won on the road...but not happy that I stabbed myself in the hand with my new little Kai scissors. It has a sheath that you can stab it into that hangs around the neck. Well I plumb missed the sheath and punctured my left palm a bit. OW. Since I was installing a new zipper into my buddy's jacket I was stabbing my fingers with pins, too. I broke two sewing machine needles at the end but did get it installed. It was a 26 inch zipper. Invisible thread helped a lot to get the jacket lining sewn shut again without the thread showing through on front. It still took me two hours to do it, though. Let's hope this zipper holds out longer than the last. He's really hard on clothes, or his job is, anyway. He does stocking work in refrigerated storage. Brrr.

I scolded him for quitting his NBA2K game early when he is losing and so the next game, he was behind but he didn't quit, and he came from behind and won! We yelled as if it were a real basketball game and not just a video game! I was very proud of him for not quitting. He gets so frustrated with his brain injury problems and it makes him make impulsive decisions.

I am squaring up my quilt hexagon blocks. I am shaving the white area down to one inch on the top and bottom. It varies in size up to an inch and a half so I didn't install them that accurately. In the video Jenny says to ignore it if it is less than a quarter inch but I can't manage that. Not that I'm a perfectionist but if my seams are uneven I can't sew the next addition on straight. I mean, the seams are what you pin together and sew the next sashing onto...if one seam is off, I can't compensate. I am doing well to pin and sew the edges evenly together as it is. If one is too short, forget it! :P

Kitten says "hi"! He just jumped in my lap1125136

toggpine
January 29th, 2016, 01:21 PM
I turned in early last night. Sorry I missed y'all!

MayinJerset
January 29th, 2016, 02:22 PM
I was up around 4:30 but it was a bad dream that woke me and it really spooked me. I hardly ever remember what I dream but unfortunately I did this time. It involved the big Ferris wheel on Coney Island, it was just looming there not moving nor did I get on it.

Not a big fan of those 'thrilling" amusement park rides. Was on the Coney Island Ferris wheel only once when I was in high school. Girlfriends said we'll sit in the stationary car and get a good view of the beach and sea, so trusting me said OK. Little did I know that the car they chose was one that swung back and forth beginning the minute the ride began. Besides being scared to death I almost threw up - would have been a good revenge if I threw up on the 3 of them as they were laughing at my fears. That incident made me cool my relationship with those girls. I was doubly PO'd because I spent my last money on the ride and had to watch them buy and eat hot dogs and drinks on the way home.