PDA

View Full Version : say it aint so

mianmom
November 17th, 2011, 09:49 PM
I just went outside and our lawn is no longer green!! Didnt expect that! Darn Snow!:(

Loonwatcher
November 17th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Oh but I bet my DH will love it. He headed out to NY (don't ask me where, western part I think) for a week and a half of hunting with his brother. Hope they bring home some venison this year. They like the snow because it makes the woods quieter and is easier to track the deer.

mianmom
November 17th, 2011, 10:00 PM
So does my DH, his is all set for gun to open this weekend. Here's hoping both our freezers get full!

Blondie
November 17th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Dear Girlfriend
Kindly keep the white stuff up there for a while. We are in for a deep freeze tonite and with all the rain we had last night, I have a feeling we shall be quite icy first thing in the a.m.

PS - ain't it pretty before it gets mucked up? Love seeing the snow in the moonlight. Keep warm. Drink cocoa.
Hugs to you

SuziC
November 17th, 2011, 10:32 PM
My hubby is all ready for the big day Sat. Hunting is like my quilting...it keeps him sane...LOL
PS it snowed here tonight. BIG FAT FLAKES!

mianmom
November 17th, 2011, 10:38 PM
LOL! No problem Blondie. I should have known it was snowing my hands were freezing. Couldnt figure it out because I have been ironing and cutting fabric most of the day, so that I can get the last of the Christmas presents done. I wouldn't have even known but one of the dogs wanted in. Tells you how oblivious one can get with quilting stuff. LOL And yes it is pretty before it gets mucked.

mianmom
November 17th, 2011, 10:40 PM
Hey Suzi, I'm up by Lake Ontario too! With DH hunting I can get more quilting done :D

shorte85
November 18th, 2011, 12:40 AM
My husband, his dad, brother, his nephew and a friend just left a while ago to head up north to go hunting for the weekend. The house, all to myself. Mwuahahah! lol

InGodzHndz
November 18th, 2011, 01:52 AM
Supposedly, southwest Washington state is getting snow tomorrow and Saturday...Yah, most of us are just saying that we'll believe it when we see it!
Snow is such a novelty to us! Well, the Winter of 2003 was crazy, but mostly just super cold and icey. Then the winter of 2008 was nutso...1 to 2 feet of snow that lasted weeks. Weird!

mitzs
November 18th, 2011, 02:00 AM
No snow here, but we are in the 20's and these bones are poping and aching already. I don't mind the snow. It is the bitter cold that gets me.

We bagged our first deer the other day. I made Jerky yesterday. num, num.

mianmom
November 18th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Ooh jerky love it. Just finished using the last of last years stew meat last month.

rebeccas-sewing
November 18th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Especially when there's a full moon! I miss the snow! I hope it snows in London this year. We had some around Christmas last year and I loved it. Didn't last long which was fine but I sure did enjoy it while it lasted.
Dear Girlfriend
Kindly keep the white stuff up there for a while. We are in for a deep freeze tonite and with all the rain we had last night, I have a feeling we shall be quite icy first thing in the a.m.

PS - ain't it pretty before it gets mucked up? Love seeing the snow in the moonlight. Keep warm. Drink cocoa.
Hugs to you

Nena
November 18th, 2011, 10:52 PM
OOOhhhhh, I so don't like that white stuff. I live in New York and I should be use to it, but I get worse every winter. We had some snow fall on us yesturday and the drive home was interesting. I was trying to think of positive things---like, gee, this is great quilting weather and , oh---I better stay in where it is warm and sew!!!!