PDA

View Full Version : It's a Wednesday kind of day.

Monique
January 27th, 2016, 08:26 AM
Good morning friends. Well I get to come home today. Maizyn's fever broke yesterday and she felt fine all day. Sadie had a meltdown and stayed home too. I gave them a warning no fighting or school they go. Sasdie goes to see a therapist today because suddenly since about two weeks ago, she is scared of everyone in her class. I just don't get it. She is very much a drama queen this one. Her friend missed school yesterday and that is why sadie did not go. Jodie took her iPod away and she survived the day. Imagine that. There was another meltdown just before bed which I did not witness but I sure was treated like crap because little miss princess was mad at everyone. Okay enough ranting, sorry.

I did laundry all day, no joking. Now her laundry is all caught up.

Going home for a rest.

Have a great day everyone.

Bubby
January 27th, 2016, 08:58 AM
Morning Everyone,

Monique, you had quite the day yesterday! I'm glad Miss M's fever broke and she's feeling better.

Yesterday was our 8th anniversary. I baked a German Chocolate cake and surprised Jeff. Every year I tell myself it's the last one I will bake. The mess I made baking that cake was amazing. I took two bites of it and this morning my blood sugar is somewhere between earth and the moon.

I have a haircut this morning and then a few errands to run. I'm ready to stop embroidering and get back to making quilts. My first project will be to finish an Orange Peel quilt.

Wishing everyone a safe day. If the storm blanketed you with snow, I hope you are dug out by now. California is having major issues with land slipping off into the ocean. We have storm issues where we live, but at times like this I'm grateful to live in the middle of the US.

Hugs....Barb

Blondie
January 27th, 2016, 09:21 AM
oops, sorry Monique! Didn't see this before I posted a howdy do. Still not back on my time schedule! Luscious just walked out the door and now I can stretch my legs, drink a nice fresh cuppa and wait for the sun to start shining this morning. So sorry to ready that Maizyn's been sick. And Sadie?! Sounds like you have had your hands full. Bet you are glad to know there is a home to go to.
Big hugs darlin' girl.

Ginny B
January 27th, 2016, 09:22 AM
Good morning Monique, Barb and everyone to follow. Monique, glad Maizyn is feeling better and Happy Anniversary Barb!

Warming up a bit here today so there will be a bunch of melting which is good.... until the temps go down tonight and things freeze over again. Makes for a tricky early morning out there. And, I am a bit concerned about leaking in my building at work. Came in Monday morning to one of the large ceiling tiles near my desk hanging from the frame with a row right next to it stained with water. Snow melt on the roof and leaking in? Kind of scary since this building is only 3 years old. What kind of workmanship was put into it? And this isn't the first time this has happened.

Have a great day everyone.

Edit: WooHoo! Just saw that Blondie popped in to say howdy do. Missed you lovely lady. Good to see you.

MayinJerset
January 27th, 2016, 10:29 AM
Glad to see Blondie back and that Monique's DGD is better, hope Sadie is doing better too.

Warmer today and looks as if a light rain is falling. Snow has melted a bit, at least in our back yard where grass is visible in spots. Hope it does the same out front as snow blower conked out with half of the sidewalk still covered with snow. Township has a regulation that the walks need to be cleared so kids can walk to school even though they usually walk in the street. DH will try the blower again later this morning.

No appointments today and tomorrow so I'm hoping to get caught up with some stuff around the house. Will get the fridge, freezer and pantry organized so I can tell in a glance what's in there and then start chopping veggies for tonight's dinner of minestrone soup. Bought brown mushrooms yesterday and now can't remember why - to make mushroom barley soup or a new recipe? I'll take a look at recently saved recipes to get a clue. First another cup of coffee to get me going.

judimccl
January 27th, 2016, 03:34 PM
Yes, those little ones sure can throw a monkey wrench into the day when they get their nose out of joint. My GD was here for the weekend and would get into her little moods (she is 3 years old today), and I would have to raise my voice, and then 5 minutes later she was wrapping her arms around me and telling me she loved me and I was her best friend, lol. :icon_wave:

judimccl
January 27th, 2016, 03:36 PM
Welcome back Blondie = good to see you posting again. :icon_wave: