PDA

View Full Version : Did you watch X-files?

Hulamoon
January 26th, 2016, 11:02 PM
I have seen the older one a couple of times and knew they were somewhat random stories. What do you think of the new plot line?

kimsophia
January 26th, 2016, 11:14 PM
We've only seen the first episode, but it seemed more of the same to me...winding, complicated, inconsistent, "making it up as I go along" storytelling. I liked the characters and the funny, stand alone episodes.

Hulamoon
January 26th, 2016, 11:21 PM
Then you need to watch the second one. There is an underlying story line. I'll stick with it. I like the leads in the show.

QuiltingRN
January 26th, 2016, 11:52 PM
I watched it and will continue. I love the X files.

Pandabear
January 27th, 2016, 12:25 AM
I love the X-Files. I watched the originals when they aired. I recently got my son hooked. He loves the sass between Scully and Mulder.

I was so so on the first episode the other night but I enjoyed the second. I'm just unhappy that there will only be 6 episodes.

kimsophia
January 27th, 2016, 12:30 AM
I'll have DH play the second episode on the computer tomorrow. He goes to bed at 5:30 in the evening so I can't watch shows with him in the evening. Fortunately it is free to watch on the web.

kensington
January 27th, 2016, 12:52 AM
We used to watch the original, I DVR'd this new mini series. We watched two of them and we'll watch the rest.

I noticed that the original series showed up in Target on DVD/Blue Ray.

bubba
January 27th, 2016, 01:08 AM
I've never watched and I have no clue as to why, as David Duchovny is pretty nice to look at.

Hulamoon
January 27th, 2016, 01:20 AM
I've never watched and I have no clue as to why, as David Duchovny is pretty nice to look at.

One of those that ages well.

Angela J
January 27th, 2016, 09:48 AM
I have been watching and I agree the first episode was nothing to brag about. The second episode drew me in though. I have DVR'd the entire episodes. I hope the ratings will be great enough for them to add some episodes.

Hulamoon
January 27th, 2016, 11:43 AM
I didn't know it was a mini series.Seems like a lot of shows disappear right when your getting into them. No wonder why productions are going to Netflix etc.

Midge
January 27th, 2016, 11:52 AM
I was a big fan the first time this series aired and I was excited when I learned there would be this miniseries. Got a little soured on the series when I read that Gillian Anderson was offered half the salary of David Duchovny to return. Good David didn't follow that ole
'don't talk about salary rule'. Gillian has 3 children she's raising. The first episode was a big disappointment. The characters I loved were back, but the writing was disjointed and flat. And some of the dialogue was embarrassing. Second episode was not a mythology episode, but a monster of the week episode. Better.

Yes, I'm a big critic. Don't mess with a classic is my view unless you can bring something amazing to it. This isn't it. But I will still watch it. Who am I kidding?;)

Nwmnteacher
January 27th, 2016, 12:05 PM
Like some of you, I wasn't too impressed with the first episode, but really liked the second. I used to watch the series years ago. Now, I'm rewatching all 9 seasons on Amazon Prime videos. That will keep me busy for a while....there are 24 episodes each season! I love to have the tv or computer on while I sew, so it's been enticing me to spend more time in my sewing room.

Pandabear
January 27th, 2016, 12:45 PM
One of those that ages well.

My son said he now looks like Harrison Ford's Han Solo.

Boys are weird

just4me
January 30th, 2016, 06:07 AM
Well now, over here in Australia the new episodes don't screen for another week.....it's been advertised heavily since before Christmas so I hope it's going to be worth the constant ads for the last 2 months!

Lyndaj
January 31st, 2016, 09:40 PM
Can finally respond because I have now seen it. I think it was awesome. Loved the fact they are using the original credits.

Pandabear
February 2nd, 2016, 12:00 PM
Has anyone watched last night's episode yet?

I loved every minute of it!

Hulamoon
February 2nd, 2016, 12:11 PM
Has anyone watched last night's episode yet?

I loved every minute of it!
I;m going to watch it On Demand. Our cable co. (Time Warner) keeps advertising the record six shows at once feature, but they don't have it here. So it's only two. It's so annoying.

Pandabear
February 2nd, 2016, 01:13 PM
I;m going to watch it On Demand. Our cable co. (Time Warner) keeps advertising the record six shows at once feature, but they don't have it here. So it's only two. It's so annoying.

We can only record 2 as well. Luckily none of my other shows were on.

Midge
February 2nd, 2016, 01:51 PM

I agree. All cable tv companies stink, but now that I am forced to deal with Time Warner the experience stinks even more. Here I would have to pay an additional monthly fee forever to upgrade the set top box to a DVR that begins to approach the one I had for the basic fee with ATT Uverse. I like to time shift, not watch tv when they tell me to watch it.

just4me
February 2nd, 2016, 03:43 PM
First episode went to air here in Australia.........I was disappointed at the end when the blood tests were repeated and came back a different result to the first lot.....that sort of beggars belief to me and I also find it hard to believe that Scully wouldn't have tested her genome sequence years ago given that she had believed she had been "taken by aliens" at some stage.
We missed the second episode......thought it would be a week later but they put it on the next night and we never noticed. Now, I'm not sure I can be bothered trying to "catch up". I hate it when TV show programming is weird. Not sure whether I'll bother with the third episode now.

Pandabear
February 2nd, 2016, 03:43 PM
I agree. All cable tv companies stink, but now that I am forced to deal with Time Warner the experience stinks even more. Here I would have to pay an additional monthly fee forever to upgrade the set top box to a DVR that begins to approach the one I had for the basic fee with ATT Uverse. I like to time shift, not watch tv when they tell me to watch it.

A friend of mine finally got so fed up with Time Warner he cancelled everything. Now he uses Netflix, Hulu Plus and the CBS paid app.

I have Comcast...in the next year or so I'll probably do the same.

Midge
February 2nd, 2016, 04:28 PM
A friend of mine finally got so fed up with Time Warner he cancelled everything. Now he uses Netflix, Hulu Plus and the CBS paid app.

I have Comcast...in the next year or so I'll probably do the same.

I am frequently ready to cancel and I do have the Netflix and Amazon Prime options. The only thing that keeps me a cable customer is that I absolutely love watching live sports - especially major league baseball and basketball a close second. If I could get MLB.com and NBA league pass without a cable subscription I would do it in a minute. I see signs that things are changing, so, maybe someday soon this could be an option.

BTW now that I have watched X Files episode 3 I'm a happy camper again. It was very good and what I was hoping for.

Hulamoon
February 2nd, 2016, 04:36 PM
I am frequently ready to cancel and I do have the Netflix and Amazon Prime options. The only thing that keeps me a cable customer is that I absolutely love watching live sports - especially major league baseball and basketball a close second. If I could get MLB.com and NBA league pass without a cable subscription I would do it in a minute. I see signs that things are changing, so, maybe someday soon this could be an option.

BTW now that I have watched X Files episode 3 I'm a happy camper again. It was very good and what I was hoping for.

I'm a news and Foodnetwork junkie, so I couldn't give it uo either. My oldest dd is on Hulu and Netflix But I can't talk to her about what's going on in the world.

Hulamoon
February 4th, 2016, 12:41 AM
I just watched #3. Oh my gosh that was crazy! I loved it! Too funny.

Pandabear
February 4th, 2016, 12:46 AM
I just watched #3. Oh my gosh that was crazy! I loved it! Too funny.

Right?? Harkens back to the old days. Lots of little Easters eggs in the episode too.