PDA

View Full Version : Hello Night Owls

stationarymom
January 26th, 2016, 03:10 AM
I hope some of you are up in your trees tonight.I wanted to thank people for the prayers for my Dad.My Dad is doing well they kept him in the hosp he will only be there for a few days,it turns out he has a kidney,bladder and a uti infection all at the same time.He is on iv antibiotics and they are waiting on cultures to see if there are any other surprises.I called him twice today and he kept telling me it was a nice hosp to be in if you have to be in one he is 77.If he wasn't such a stubborn man this could have been caught much earlier and fixed from home .I talked to him on Sun. and he was telling me he had a new pain that was making it difficult to walk or move ,but he didn't know what was causing it.Well now we know,he didn't want to go to the hosp last night but my sister who is local to him in Ok. said you're going.Nothing else on the homefront for now.Everyone stay warm tonight.

kimsophia
January 26th, 2016, 03:41 AM
Joan, I'm glad your dad will be out of the hospital soon. :)

I got some more sewing done on the hexagon assembly project but had to dismantle the bobbin case plate and clean it out as it was sewing a rats' nest of thread on the underside of the fabric . It took a while to get it all unscrewed, cleaned and put back together so less sewing got accomplished.

The Bulls lost tonight. :icon_shake:

stationarymom
January 26th, 2016, 03:59 AM
How big are the hexagons you are sewing?I'm glad to hear you got some more done but sorry you ran into problems.

Kat Smith
January 26th, 2016, 04:03 AM
Well Night Owls, had a not bad day, got some of the micro bowl holders made and cleaned and organized all my scraps. As soon as I have it all organized I don't want to touch it again, for fear of the mess happening again. Going to try to be more organized from now on. HAHAHAHA.

Joan glad to hear your Dad is doing better and that things are looking good. Loved my Mother but I was Daddy's little girl. I only had 1 brother and there were 12 years in between us so because of the age difference I was like an only child, I was the only girl and the baby as well. I had allllllll my angles covered. Good thoughts and well wishes to you and your Dad.

Kimsophia, I saw on Facebook that the live Grease is on next Sun. evening. Apparently they are going to do Hair Spray as well.

Heading in to the nest now. Busy day tomorrow, I have to go out for lunch with a friend for her birthday. I should be paying but her husband always gives her money for her birthday for us to go for lunch. Then it is off to #1 son's for supper, and catch up on some of the Marvel shows that we have been watching together. Right now we are watching Jessica Jones. Like it much better than Dare Devil. Yikes! That was messy. However. not as much as Agents of Shield. Have a good night all

Kathy

Judy, USMC
January 26th, 2016, 04:18 AM
Whew - that's a relief! I've been popping quick prayers most of the day. Now I can go to bed and get a restful sleep.

Been busy with laundry and sorting through piles of paperwork that have amassed ... and my eyes are so tired.

Warm bed wished to all!

toggpine
January 26th, 2016, 04:55 AM
Joan, I'm glad to hear they have your dad on the mend.

Not much got done today sewing or stitching wise. More cleaning and still more wrangling with the insurance.
I need to figure how to get the vacuum up to suck the dust bunnies off of the top of my kitchen cabinets. There is space between the top of the cabinets and the ceiling, and they didn't even make it easy to clean. Ugh! The hose can reach the corners of the room, but not the angle to reach the top. I may have to put the canister on the counter and hope for the best. It's pretty gnarly up there.

It's midnight here, so I am going to pack it in and catch a few winks.
Hugs, C

kimsophia
January 26th, 2016, 05:42 AM
Joan, these are made with the five inch half hexagon template.

I just unrolled my swirl fur and found some marks on the white. Someone wrote a measurement on it in black Sharpie ink on one edge on the reverse and there are two stains: a black dot in the center and a red dot off center. Due to the extreme whiteness of this fur they are noticeable. I wish they would just wash out but I guess it is easier to haul it back to Jo-Ann's and exchange for clean fabric...although they didn't have much left on that bolt, so they need to get a new one opened up. Sigh. Good thing I don't need this project done any time soon. I did test out the warmth of the swirl fur and it isn't as warm as I wanted so I will be using batting after all. I was given some thick poly batting that will certainly be warm but it is so very thick (two inches?) that it is more like a comforter thickness. I'm not sure that my machine needle would even sew through something that thick. So I don't know if that is usable by me or not. Too many variables. I'm off to bed. Hoot hoot to all! @,@

Carol336
January 26th, 2016, 08:24 AM
Good morning night owls.....slept till 5:30 - felt pretty good too!!!

Joan - glad to hear your Dad is getting the help he needs. I will keep him in my prayers.

Kim - I can't wait to see your hexi quilt.....

I've been playing around with just cutting straight and sewing straight. Have made a ton of blocks during the snow storm....I think I'm getting better and the I turn out a block that is so wonky it's pathetic. But, I"m learning my machine (only had it 2 years - LOL) and hopefully getting better at this quilting thing.

I did make a couple of placemats out of some of the mistakes from my Craftsy BOM and I FMQ'd them myself .....they turned out pretty darned good if I do say so myself. I loved the FMQ part - can't wait to do that again

toggpine
January 26th, 2016, 01:08 PM
Kim, did you try the Ultra-Cuddle fabric? It is snuggly soft. I was gifted a throw blanket made of only that, and it is pretty warm. The fuzz traps enough of an air layer to do the job without being super heavy.
If you are going to quilt with it, be aware that it is super stretchy. Spray basting and pins at the very least, if not the needle and thread method, to keep it from shifting and bunching.
I have also had good luck with flannel as a batting if you want a thin layer for warmth. If course, if you are using up stash, then go with the thick stuff you were gifted.

judimccl
January 26th, 2016, 04:40 PM
Will say prayers for you dad Joan, and for the medical staff treating him. :icon_wave:

kimsophia
February 1st, 2016, 01:31 AM
Well Night Owls, had a not bad day, got some of the micro bowl holders made and cleaned and organized all my scraps. As soon as I have it all organized I don't want to touch it again, for fear of the mess happening again. Going to try to be more organized from now on. HAHAHAHA.

Joan glad to hear your Dad is doing better and that things are looking good. Loved my Mother but I was Daddy's little girl. I only had 1 brother and there were 12 years in between us so because of the age difference I was like an only child, I was the only girl and the baby as well. I had allllllll my angles covered. Good thoughts and well wishes to you and your Dad.

Kimsophia, I saw on Facebook that the live Grease is on next Sun. evening. Apparently they are going to do Hair Spray as well.

Heading in to the nest now. Busy day tomorrow, I have to go out for lunch with a friend for her birthday. I should be paying but her husband always gives her money for her birthday for us to go for lunch. Then it is off to #1 son's for supper, and catch up on some of the Marvel shows that we have been watching together. Right now we are watching Jessica Jones. Like it much better than Dare Devil. Yikes! That was messy. However. not as much as Agents of Shield. Have a good night all

Kathy

I just saw Grease Live! Amazing! :D

Kat Smith
February 1st, 2016, 02:05 AM
I just saw Grease Live! Amazing! :D

Yea, I really enjoyed it as well, it was great. My daughter dropped in to pick something up and didn't have time to come in so we had to stand in the kitchen and talk to her, so I missed the school dance part.

Not much else happening here tonight, should head in and get an early start. How is the work on your Hexagon project going. Do you think you will ever make an other. I made a quilt for one of my granddaughters and it had some applique on it and I had never done any before and it took me so long and was so stressful that I still haven't started the quilt for the other granddaughter and she is is going to be 5 months on the 8th.

Weather has been so nice here the last couple of days grey and cloudy but warm and all slushy, but it sounds like we are back to the seasonal temps tomorrow -24 C. I was talking to someone from Mexico that recently moved here and they were all excited that it was spring. Nope, sorry we have an other couple of months of this yet, that's for sure.

Hope all is well out there tonight,
Kathy

toggpine
February 1st, 2016, 02:38 AM
Not sure why we are on the 25ths Night Owl report, but hey. I'm flexible.

We worked more outside today. I have the raspberry patch mostly sorted out. I dug and replanted the outliers and tie up a few. I have to find more ties to finish the row. We now have the trimmings from all of the fruit trees, berry canes, and other assorted rotten wood burnt down today too. it seems pretty early in the season to be doing this, but we heard the frogs singing the last few nights and some of the canes were starting to develop buds. Crazy! Especially when some of you all are still digging out of snow!

I'll see how well I'm moving tomorrow. If I'm not too stiff and achy I'll head to the library to sew with the ladies. If I'm all cramped up, I'll stick closer to home where I can access the hot packs and ice for my knee. I certainly hope all of this work pays off later in the spring with only minor up keep instead of big weeding jobs. I'm also looking forward to a bumper crop of raspberries!

It's time for me to tuck in the little chick and find my own nest. Hubby is asleep in the recliner in front of the woodstove. I won't worry about him then!

Have a good night quilty friends!