PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton is one of the Big BAM stops this summer

Simply Quilting
January 26th, 2016, 01:17 AM
Big BAM (Bicycle Across Missouri) is going to be stopping for one of the nights at Hamilton this summer on the bicycle route. How awesome to get to show off the Missouri Star Quilt Company and the town of Hamilton.
It will be held on June 11-17, 2016. The ride will be from St. Joseph, Missouri to Hannibal, Missouri. The actual course does not have the riders going straight across on Highway 36 but going on roads north and south of 36 for most of the trip.
If anyone is interesting in riding or finding out more information, here is the link HOME (http://www.bigbamride.com/)

MaryD
January 26th, 2016, 02:43 AM
How much fabric can be stowed on the back of a bike?

sidesaddles
January 26th, 2016, 03:14 AM
Drop in the mail. LOL

Sandy Navas
January 26th, 2016, 10:18 AM
Wonder if I could get away with a three-wheeler with large inflated tires - and a motor?

BethB
January 26th, 2016, 10:28 PM
That would be my choice of vehicles also, Sandy.

kensington
January 27th, 2016, 01:09 AM
Get one of those Tricycles with the big basket on the back.

Patty J
January 27th, 2016, 09:35 PM
My sister and I are going with LQS to Hamilton in Oct. Can hardly wait. I'm going to be like a little kid on Christmas, not knowing where to go first. We aren't doing a retreat, but hopefully we will meet Jenny !!!!

auntiemern
January 28th, 2016, 12:30 AM
Where are they gonna stay?

Simply Quilting
January 28th, 2016, 06:51 PM
Where are they gonna stay?

They will stay in their own tents. Last year they were in my town for the night and stayed at one of our local parks. There are vehicles that travel with the group to keep their stuff so not everything has to be on the bike. They are having the shower and dressing trailer and phone charging station trailer travel that are used at the big bike across Iowa come down for the week.

redcaboose1717
January 29th, 2016, 10:34 AM
Lucky you .....although it's been YEARS since I was on a bicycle, ( I would opt for the Big Basket Three Wheeler now ! ) it sounds like a lot of fun ! The chance to stop at MSQC ....? Well, that would of course be the highlight of the trip. ( I think I would call MSQC and find out if Jenny will be in the shop on the day you might be able to stop. It would be a big disappointment to stop and not find Jenny at MSQC ! :-0(
Sounds like a lot of fun !